Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1387. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Austin Global Exchange will be hosting a Live Chat Tues 05/06 12a - 2a UTC (Mon 05/05 8p - 10p EDT). Come join us to talk DigiByte, Bitcoin, AGX, and more. Just log in to agx.io and navigate to the DGB/BTC market at agx.io/markets/287/trade to participate!

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507474
bitcointalk handles: "agxio," "AustinGlobal"
twitter.com/AustinGlobalX
austinglobal.tumblr.com
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
Today, i just thought of exploring around Digibyte a bit more than i usually do. And after having seen everything, Shocked i was deeply impressed with how far the Digibyte Team has gone with this!!! i only wish i didn't stop and had a more powerful gfx card to mine all those coins back in February 2014 and had instead thought of buying them. But I have been keeping track of Digibyte, as well as occasionally taking part in the voting polls.

What i was impressed with:
1. A Youtube Channel with a REALLY sleek & professional animation of logos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPYJ8ZskP3Y
2. An awesome looking website. real neat & tidy. cool & professional too.
3. Digishield - after hearing what happened to bitcoin, gotta have that!! and now another coin is using this too!? badass!
4. Digimap - I smell rocket fuel. launching to the moon soon!?
5. Guides - great start. But what about the GUI miner, pools and other stuff? will they be added too?
6. Digibyte in the NEWS!  
7. 1st coin to do what!? wow...
8. woh...a multi-platform wallet - Andriod, Windows, Max OSX, ubuntu.

Simply CoolASTONISHING!!!Cool According to the Digimap, the Digibyte Team is nearly there!
Time to hop back in!  Smiley
Nothing more to add Smiley

some issues that i need help with:
1] Following the video guide, i have installed the new digibyte wallet - v2.9.1. Mine was v1.0.0.0 btw. lol!. So do i still need the backup created earlier?
2] For the older version, i remember that we have to do something about the "rpcuser" and "rpcpassword". it was an additional security measure. we had to do it twice: one at appdata/roaming and the other at the digibyte wallet. do we stilll need to do this for both of them?
3] old and long-gone pools like smalltimeminer, do i need to remove the workers and delete my account from that pool?
4] For miners using GPU to mine, be it Nvidia or AMD Radeon cards, we are to continue using the v3.7.2 right? not the 4.3.3 because thats for miners who have ASIC hardware?
5] is it possible for me to relocate the digibyte folder in appdata/roaming to another drive? my C Drive is running out of space.

1) You need the old backup only if the wallet has generated a new address for you instead of using the old one
2) This is just for solomining. Nothing to do here imho.
3) Nope, just don't use them anymore and/or withdraw your remaining Digibytes
4) AMD should use the latest version of sgminer since cgminer has stopped development for GPUs. Nvidia cards are best used with cudaMiner
5) Yes, just create a shortcut to the wallet executable and append "-datadir=D:\my\new\folder" (or whatever windows paths look like). The wallet will redownload the blockchain into this folder and will also create a new wallet.dat if there is none present. You should replace this with your old one or import the backup file.
This way you can also run multiple instances of the wallet at once Wink
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
Today, i just thought of exploring around Digibyte a bit more than i usually do. And after having seen everything, Shocked i was deeply impressed with how far the Digibyte Team has gone with this!!! i only wish i didn't stop and had a more powerful gfx card to mine all those coins back in February 2014 and had instead thought of buying them. But I have been keeping track of Digibyte, as well as occasionally taking part in the voting polls.

What i was impressed with:
1. A Youtube Channel with a REALLY sleek & professional animation of logos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPYJ8ZskP3Y
2. An awesome looking website. real neat & tidy. cool & professional too.
3. Digishield - after hearing what happened to bitcoin, gotta have that!! and now another coin is using this too!? badass!
4. Digimap - I smell rocket fuel. launching to the moon soon!?
5. Guides - great start. But what about the GUI miner, pools and other stuff? will they be added too?
6. Digibyte in the NEWS!  
7. 1st coin to do what!? wow...
8. woh...a multi-platform wallet - Andriod, Windows, Max OSX, ubuntu.

Simply CoolASTONISHING!!!Cool According to the Digimap, the Digibyte Team is nearly there!
Time to hop back in!  Smiley

some issues that i need help with:
1] Following the video guide, i have installed the new digibyte wallet - v2.9.1. Mine was v1.0.0.0 btw. lol!. So do i still need the backup created earlier?
2] For the older version, i remember that we have to do something about the "rpcuser" and "rpcpassword". it was an additional security measure. we had to do it twice: one at appdata/roaming and the other at the digibyte wallet. do we stilll need to do this for both of them?
3] old and long-gone pools like smalltimeminer, do i need to remove the workers and delete my account from that pool?
4] For miners using GPU to mine, be it Nvidia or AMD Radeon cards, we are to continue using the v3.7.2 right? not the 4.3.3 because thats for miners who have ASIC hardware?
5] is it possible for me to relocate the digibyte folder in appdata/roaming to another drive? my C Drive is running out of space.

Thank you!
We are in talks with some serious investors to help get a DigiByte exchange of the ground with full FinCEN & state money transmitter compliance!
That would be VERY fantastic!
Waiting for more news on that Smiley
Yes it would be great but it's also a MUST to have such an exchange if you're aiming for broad adoption. Good to see you're taking all this necessary steps.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
We are in talks with some serious investors to help get a DigiByte exchange of the ground with full FinCEN & state money transmitter compliance!
That would be VERY fantastic!
Waiting for more news on that Smiley
Activity: 335

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
legendary
Activity: 392
Updates have been made to www.DigiByte.co! Let us know if we should add more information or change anything!
-the 32- bit looks not very nice
-the 'DigiByte A Decentralized Payment Network' stay in the middle
http://imgur.com/LsCrUb0

you can also change the video. about:DigiByte v2.9.1 Released Along With Video Guide (the video what I send you. but that is your choice Wink)

everything is your choice. you are great dev! it's only advice

Thank you for the suggestions! What are your referring to in regard to 32-bit? Thanks!

it is changed (it was the 32- bit from windows;))

first was this

and now this:
legendary
Make sure to follow DigiByte on Twitter for the latest updates!

https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin
legendary
Updates have been made to www.DigiByte.co! Let us know if we should add more information or change anything!
-the 32- bit looks not very nice
-the 'DigiByte A Decentralized Payment Network' stay in the middle
http://imgur.com/LsCrUb0

you can also change the video. about:DigiByte v2.9.1 Released Along With Video Guide (the video what I send you. but that is your choice Wink)

everything is your choice. you are great dev! it's only advice

Thank you for the suggestions! What are your referring to in regard to 32-bit? Thanks!
legendary
Hi Jared,

it looks as the website contains every needed information. Especially the roadmap is a good thing. I'm missing that from many other coins as you never know if that coin has future plans or not. Maybe a graphical roadmap with mouseover information would look a bit nicer.

Now some critics and suggestions to help you making it even better:

- I dislike google translation a lot Smiley As you use Drupal (+1 for that!) as CMS it would be very easy to integrate multiple languages directly into the site. I could help out with a german translation for the start.

- The header area looks quite messy. I would suggest to:
  • Remove the news line and put it into a dedicated news-block anywhere on the site
  • Remove the google translation and add the most important language icons (english, spain, german, france, russian, chinese, portugiese, ...?) for internal translations
  • Remove the social icons and stick them to the screen border (fixed)

- Remove the breadcrumbs as there is no 2nd level navigation

- Add an overview of places where you can spend DGB (if there are any)

- Add a contact form for potential investors (I doubt they want to use twitter & co for that purpose)

- Add an imprint with either your personal address or found a Digibyte company and put their address in (preferable)

- Add a section which describes how someone can contribute besides mining or sharing your tweets

Once the coin is more adopted in mainstream and not only within the cc scene, I would also suggest to put all technical information including DigiShield and premine info into a dedicated section as the average people are not interested in this or could even benefit from that information.

So long, haggis Smiley

Thank you Haggis for taking the time to detail this! These are some very great ideas and will be implementing them soon!
legendary
Great video by the New York State Department of Financial services about potential Bitcoin/DigiByte regulations! Finance is changing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyd20HPV-zg
legendary
Lets keep the DigiByte momentum rolling!

legendary
Thank you to Brian Kelly for mentioning DigiByte live on CNBC's Fast Money a few minutes ago! Smiley
legendary

Great, And i think we need add https for website.

Because some contry will baned us for something you know.
+1

It's also needed for your personal security so that you can login on that site when you are somewhere on public wireless. I don't like some blackhat catching Digibytes password and defacing the website Wink
And please disable user registration - I just created an account *g*
Thank you for pointing this out. We're under the impression we had disabled it but will quickly do that. Thanks

+1

It's also needed for your personal security so that you can login on that site when you are somewhere on public wireless. I don't like some blackhat catching Digibytes password and defacing the website Wink
And please disable user registration - I just created an account *g*
Activity: 300
Merit: 103

Jump to: