Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 588. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 100
Been looking at the markets a bit today and reading the troll boxes and you know what, I can see where Pringles is coming from.
Anyone new to DigiByte or crypto in general is very likely to get or at least feel badly burnt in the process and that can’t be good for our community and we need a community for survival.
The sensible things to do are, if you want to trade buy only when price hits a floor and sell as soon as a pump peaks ready to buy back at the next floor. Probably wise just to add, don’t trade with all of your stash in case someone with some serious cash decides they like dgb and puts it out of your reach.
If you are long term, you should only buy when the current floor is reached and then probably just go away for a year or two or concentrate on applications.

What Pringles is totally wrong about, the price action has nothing to do with the developers of DigiByte, who all work very hard.

Jumbley Thank you for agreeing with me in part i do appreciate what you have said above...I dont mean to bitch on all the time I am glad you do see my point of view.

As for the Dev team I agree & appreciate how hard they work
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I wonder how many BTC are sitting at Cryptsy wanting to buy DGB elsewhere...
Yeah, more Mt.Gox action doesn’t make crypto attractive to anyone.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
He’s going for ‘pie on the floor’ all on his own. If DigiByte reaches those prices, it will mean we have all given up and gone home.

I feel a little sorry for MonsterPriceZero, obviously upset with the price going down :-(

Just seen him troll on POLO and the reply he got was "randywald: as a trader you don't expect it to double, you just take what it gives to you." class.
legendary
I pasted 10 Mio. of DGB at 39 sat. This sell wall will hold for months.

My goal is to buy more at 9 satoshi.

Thats one way of doing it, a little optimistic maybe, I really don't see it going down that far personally.

You could dump the 10mil now at 34 and the price will go down to around 31 and buy it back at 31 for a 1,290,322 DGB profit (0.4 BTC).    but in reality those sums would'nt actually work unless somebody else panicked and sold too

He’s going for ‘pie on the floor’ all on his own. If DigiByte reaches those prices, it will mean we have all given up and gone home.

Thats one way of doing it, a little optimistic maybe, I really don't see it going down that far personally.

You could dump the 10mil now at 34 and the price will go down to around 31 and buy it back at 31 for a 1,290,322 DGB profit (0.4 BTC).    but in reality those sums would'nt actually work unless somebody else panicked and sold too

legendary
Guys don't fight the market and only (day) trade if you know how to, that's my advice.

Generally true, especially a well established market but I’d argue that ‘pie in the sky’ is more like positive community action than it is fighting the market.
Activity: 238

Suh
Activity: 146
I wonder how many BTC are sitting at Cryptsy wanting to buy DGB elsewhere...
legendary
The most fishy characteristic in this coin is the peanut buy support

It's not that peanuts.

FCT is worth 0.00270001 BTC with a buy support on POLO of 277.3 BTC

DGB is worth 0.00000034 BTC with a buy support on POLO of 21.2 BTC

FCT is worth thousands (x7900) times as much with only ten(ish) times (x10) the buy support   (these are rough estimates)

The thing is I do not get why people are dumping dgb.
You really aren’t as good an ambassador for it as you think you are, perhaps.  Cheesy

Its panic and group behavior most likely, human nature.    it probably only started pumping because one or two big buys went in close to each other, DGB is very lightweight only a few BTC required to push the green bars to the top of the screen.

Don't worry about it, give it a few days/weeks and the price will be 50-100 again.

An £11,000 DGB purchase would push us back up to 68 sats, that how lightweight it is.

People are shorting dgb without opportunity to buy back

It's not that peanuts.

FCT is worth thousands (x7900) times as much with only ten(ish) times (x10) the buy support   (these are rough estimates)

It's not that peanuts.

Activity: 517
Merit: 500
aka alaniz
Guys don't fight the market and only (day) trade if you know how to, that's my advice.

P.S: MonsterPriceZero or whatever your name is you've been ignored Smiley
legendary
Remember this.  Grin

Many of us will be stuffing ourselves over the holidays, so I thought I’d offer some food for thought for consumption by the general DigiByte community and I came up with pie! The DigiByte pie in the sky club to be precise!

We are approaching the New Year and DigiByte’s second birthday. There are over 5.5 billion Digibyte in circulation already and another 19 years of coin production to go before all 21 billion coins will have been minted.
Price or low price is often in discussion in this forum and as much as many of us believe it is not the most important aspect of DigiByte right now, it would be dishonest to say it is not of concern at all.  So as a community what could we do to increase it?

Could we target price at one dollar per Digibyte and actively do something about achieving that?
I think this is possible, if we worked as a community, and this is my idea of how we might go about doing just that! A community acts together but it is extremely difficult to ensure that we do act together and not as individuals, people will always be tempted to move first because they know others will if they don’t. 
Imagine we set up a club (the pie in the sky club) and we limited it to 1 million shares or members of this club. If we set the share value to 10,000 DGB, the total fund would have a potential target value of 10 billion DGB, nearly half of all the DigiByte that will ever be produced.

These funds would then be controlled by the trusted club trustees, contractually and legally bound to carry out their activities in accordance within the predetermined rules set out by the community members in a transparent manner so that everyone could see them and be reassured that this DigiByte at least, was off the market and was unable to be dumped onto it.

The mandate of the club could be as simple as this. All shares would be paid back to their respective owner, when DigiByte reached a fiat US dollar value of one dollar and remained above that value for 30 consecutive days or 30 days after all 1 million shares were allocated and total fund value was achieved, whichever came first! A $1 share at today’s prices could be worth $10,000 possibly when redeemed, hence ‘pie in the sky’ and if that wasn’t quite achieved, the club would have gone a long way to improving the value of DigiByte anyway.

Of course it would take time and cost money to set up a trust like this, so maybe the first hurdle would be to cost and fund that itself but this is the sort of thing that DigiByte Group was set up for, so that the community can do things like this. Maybe each share would come with a management fee, I don’t know because I have not taken this idea any further than it is presented here in front of you the DigiByte community for your consideration.
I’m not going to do anything more about it unless the support for it is overwhelming, so tell me what you think!

Please discuss and happy holidays everyone!

Wink

Sounds like a good idea! I am in!  Cheesy
legendary
Been looking at the markets a bit today and reading the troll boxes and you know what, I can see where Pringles is coming from.
Anyone new to DigiByte or crypto in general is very likely to get or at least feel badly burnt in the process and that can’t be good for our community and we need a community for survival.
The sensible things to do are, if you want to trade buy only when price hits a floor and sell as soon as a pump peaks ready to buy back at the next floor. Probably wise just to add, don’t trade with all of your stash in case someone with some serious cash decides they like dgb and puts it out of your reach.
If you are long term, you should only buy when the current floor is reached and then probably just go away for a year or two or concentrate on applications.

What Pringles is totally wrong about, the price action has nothing to do with the developers of DigiByte, who all work very hard.

This is true for all trading, buy low and sell high, I prefer "buy now and sell higher", its a shame that both types of investors are using the same forum and two different strategies, short term traders want to make a small amount quickly, turnover a 5-10% profit daily, this can only be done by jumping from coin to coin (today FCT and ETH are getting all the attention, in a few weeks time it will be back to DGB when it starts to rise quickly).

Long term investors buy new coins at very low prices and pray for a big return from at least one of their coins.

Not sure which camp I am in, I bought a large amount in mid 2014, been selling and buying (shorting) over the last 6 months to increase DGB numbers, plus adding to the pile over time by purchasing a million or two every few weeks.  I have a selling strategy already figured out, its a staged sell over 5 years.

Nothing wrong with either strategy, but remember if your short term you will only make a small profit on each "pump" and timing is critical.
True, I’m sure EPLDCC explained this all once and showed how ‘long term’ wins in the end with a lot less hassle.
maybe we need something like a slack group  where only true investors are in that are trusted in the digibyte community and have a set amount of DGB  to counter some pump and dumps.

Interesting idea, how would a slack group counter a pump and dump ?

How would the group be vetted, I am true investor with 10's of millions of DGB (not quite at the 100's of millions yet) but how would "trusted in the community" be calculated ?
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Volume is also alot better then last year ..
But i think  coins without a stable price and alot of pump and dumps  won't get really big investors.

maybe we need something like a slack group  where only treu investors are in that are trusted in the digibyte community and have a set amount of DGB  to counter some pump and dumps.

last year we had 2 big pump and dumps ... it's good and fun to follow it and take profit when your a long term holder.
But it can also destroy a coin  and scare big investors

just my opinion.
I always hold 50% of my DGB safely ofline.
Activity: 39
Merit: 1
We need you, The Digibyte community to vote for Jared as a speaker so Digibyte can get allot of attention next to a few of the biggest CEO's and companys in the world!

No personal information is needed to fill in the application and it just takes you about 2-3 minutes!

https://collisionconf.com/speakers-application

Useful links:
https://www.youtube.com/user/DigiByteCoin
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredctate

Thanks allot!

Done, would be awesome to see Jared talking about DigiByte on stage!
Jump to: