Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 29. (Read 104454 times)

legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2012, 11:32:34 AM
Code:
[quote author=Matthew N. Wright link=topic=102918.msg1170230#msg1170230 date=1347096807]
[quote author=BC Systems link=topic=102918.msg1170226#msg1170226 date=1347096719]
Matthew, why don't you prove to us you have 80k+ BTC?
[/quote]

Atlas, why don't you prove to us you're not Atlas?

Edit: I'll make a deal with you Atlas, if you admit that you're Atlas I'll show you I have 8[size=1pt].[/size]0000 bitcoins
[/quote]

Hummmm, is this kind of format trickery in place in the original wording of the bet, wherever that is now?
Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
September 08, 2012, 11:29:01 AM
Code:
[quote author=Matthew N. Wright link=topic=102918.msg1170230#msg1170230 date=1347096807]
[quote author=BC Systems link=topic=102918.msg1170226#msg1170226 date=1347096719]
[/quote]

Edit: I'll make a deal with you Atlas, if you admit that you're Atlas I'll show you I have 8[size=1pt].[/size]0000 bitcoins
[/quote]
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
September 08, 2012, 10:11:52 AM
I leave this thread for one day and look what it's turned into!  Undecided
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
#RIP freemoney
September 08, 2012, 09:49:47 AM
is there a last chance to raise my amount to 1000.420 BTC ?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
September 08, 2012, 09:47:05 AM
Even the slightest hint of a collusion with pirate, and no one will pay, its an unfair bet.

I think Matt may have had every intention of paying at first, but it grew out of hand, and now hes just going to see how high the community will push it...hell end up taking his scammer tags and say it was a lesson to teach us all about being greedy and how easy it is to be scammed. The irony being that no one got scammed, b/c very few expect him to pay.

I could be way off base, but that's what I think is happening here.

I will pay my bet even if there is 100% proof that Matthew is pirate.

And if I lose I'll be paying it on the 9th.

When I bet my money I fully expected him to pay and not paying bets is a scam whether the other person expected it or not.

+1, Couldn't agree more. If I lose based on the rules of my thread, I will pay out exactly as outlined in my thread. No ifs, ands or buts about it!

I guess everyone else doesn't realize that this isn't actually the bet thread that ended at 10,000 BTC. This is only a discussion about the bet where people such as Mat accept or reject other peoples arguments and opinions. Accepting these opinions in no way changes the original bet thread of 10,000 BTC.

yes but the "official " bet spreadsheet has been updated with bets in excess of innitial  10k btc and matthew has accepted them
i thought i knew what was happening but now im not so sure they have been able to do it enough to make it successful ....Cheesy

Activity: 388
September 08, 2012, 08:43:32 AM
Even the slightest hint of a collusion with pirate, and no one will pay, its an unfair bet.

I think Matt may have had every intention of paying at first, but it grew out of hand, and now hes just going to see how high the community will push it...hell end up taking his scammer tags and say it was a lesson to teach us all about being greedy and how easy it is to be scammed. The irony being that no one got scammed, b/c very few expect him to pay.

I could be way off base, but that's what I think is happening here.

I will pay my bet even if there is 100% proof that Matthew is pirate.

And if I lose I'll be paying it on the 9th.

When I bet my money I fully expected him to pay and not paying bets is a scam whether the other person expected it or not.

+1, Couldn't agree more. If I lose based on the rules of my thread, I will pay out exactly as outlined in my thread. No ifs, ands or buts about it!

I guess everyone else doesn't realize that this isn't actually the bet thread that ended at 10,000 BTC. This is only a discussion about the bet where people such as Mat accept or reject other peoples arguments and opinions. Accepting these opinions in no way changes the original bet thread of 10,000 BTC.
legendary
September 08, 2012, 08:13:33 AM

Edit: I'll make a deal with you Atlas, if you admit that you're Atlas I'll show you I have 8.0000 bitcoins
Now this is curious.  It seems this whole "10000 btc bet" thing is motivated by a desire to teach everyone a lesson that they shouldn't pre-judge anonymous "businessmen" on an Internet forum who offer astronomical roi, and yet here we have Matthew judging BC Systems that he is Atlas - not a benign allegation.

And since MNW is challenging BC Systems to admit he is Atlas, it seems reasonable to assume MNW does not have conclusive evidence that BC Systems is Atlas, otherwise he would simply proffer it.

Am I missing something?

Hehe. What you're missing is that we already know it's Atlas. If you knew about his documented mental conditions, you'd know this is about him admitting to himself for his own benefit.

So just to be clear, you know beyond 99.9999% certainty (the standard you agreed with on the donk podcast) that BC Systems is Atlas.  'Cause what you're saying to the community with your bet is even though there is a 99.9999% probability that pirate is a scammer, we still shouldn't pass judgement.  

You see when you condemn someone for judging, you yourself are judging.  So you really want to make sure you've got all your ducks in a row.
Activity: 574
September 08, 2012, 08:07:30 AM
With annoying accuracy, both prove to be accurate accusations.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
September 08, 2012, 08:02:06 AM

Edit: I'll make a deal with you Atlas, if you admit that you're Atlas I'll show you I have 8.0000 bitcoins
Now this is curious.  It seems this whole "10000 btc bet" thing is motivated by a desire to teach everyone a lesson that they shouldn't pre-judge anonymous "businessmen" on an Internet forum who offer astronomical roi, and yet here we have Matthew judging BC Systems that he is Atlas - not a benign allegation.

And since MNW is challenging BC Systems to admit he is Atlas, it seems reasonable to assume MNW does not have conclusive evidence that BC Systems is Atlas, otherwise he would simply proffer it.

Am I missing something?

Hehe. What you're missing is that we already know it's Atlas. If you knew about his documented mental conditions, you'd know this is about him admitting to himself for his own benefit.

Calling everything Atlas is like calling everything a ponzi  Tongue
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 08, 2012, 07:57:42 AM

Now this is curious.  It seems this whole "10000 btc bet" thing is motivated by a desire to teach everyone a lesson that they shouldn't pre-judge anonymous "businessmen" on an Internet forum who offer astronomical roi, and yet here we have Matthew judging BC Systems that he is Atlas - not a benign allegation.

Am I missing something?

legendary
September 08, 2012, 07:50:55 AM

Am I missing something?
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
September 08, 2012, 07:26:53 AM
I'm not leaving anywhere

so there are two other options:

1) You pay out in full
2) You win the bet (Pirate pays everybody)

3) I lose the bet and stick around just because I'm a boss
4) I win the bet and give the money back because I'm a boss
5) Pirate is in my basement

If you are still in a betting mood my money is on 3. I want some escrow though...

Not a safe bet. He might get banned for this.

seams the main risk factor...
September 08, 2012, 07:25:55 AM
I'm not leaving anywhere

1) You pay out in full

If you are still in a betting mood my money is on 3. I want some escrow though...

Not a safe bet. He might get banned for this.

Have you or have you not ever attempted to place bets in my bet through other individuals?
legendary
September 08, 2012, 07:23:42 AM
I'm not leaving anywhere

1) You pay out in full

September 08, 2012, 07:21:17 AM
I'm not leaving anywhere

1) You pay out in full

legendary
September 08, 2012, 07:18:39 AM
I'm not leaving anywhere

1) You pay out in full
September 08, 2012, 07:11:02 AM
Chaang Noi: Have you or have you not ever attempted to place bets in my bet through other individuals?

Your consistent snaking around the question is only more indicative of your scumminess.

P.S. I'm not leaving anywhere. Kills you doesn't it?  Wink
legendary
September 08, 2012, 07:09:54 AM
hi matthew,

just to let you know: there is a world outside of bitcoin universe.
September 08, 2012, 07:05:58 AM

Have you or have you not ever attempted to place bets in my bet through other individuals?
Pages:
Jump to: