Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 33. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
September 08, 2012, 12:55:09 AM
Care to double down again? Time is getting close, I'll understand if you reject it.

2000 btc.

(Probably pushing my luck)

Done.

if betting is still open double mine as well  Roll Eyes

1HMNpyKHTeeneTkjvAzM2j6zYY8kY9VZPr

no guts, no glory!

Done.

Knowing my intentions if I do win.  Will you allow me to double down on mine too from 500 BTC to 1000 BTC?

Cheers
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
September 08, 2012, 12:54:27 AM
oh another 33 grand while I made a coffee!
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 08, 2012, 12:44:50 AM
Care to double down again? Time is getting close, I'll understand if you reject it.

2000 btc.

Done.

if betting is still open double mine as well  Roll Eyes

no guts, no glory!

Done.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 08, 2012, 12:39:49 AM

no guts, no glory!

Honestly its kind of funny to see all the last minute bets going on.

Those who made bets earlier on should get paid out first if Matthew does indeed lose the bet.

Activity: 272
Cryptopreneur
September 08, 2012, 12:38:31 AM
Chaos Theory. Don't underestimate it.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
September 08, 2012, 12:38:09 AM

no guts, no glory!
Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
September 08, 2012, 12:30:03 AM

2000 btc.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 08, 2012, 12:25:02 AM
I have a feeling that payments will be going out this weekend, so I would advise everyone to get their bitcoins ready for payment to Matthew.

~DonShrents

I have the same feeling, hence why I sent this message to Matt earlier today - just for the record:

"Matt, I already made some side deals to neutralize my bet with you, so in the event pirate doesn't pay I would need the 6K to repay these other people. So right now I'm "all in" with pirate."

So yeah, I've got all my chips on P right now. It seems odd I know, but I think it's actually the most likely outcome based on the evidence as I see it. If I'm wrong I will suffer for it, but I'm taking a stand. As Sherlock Holmes said: eliminate the impossible, and then whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Btw if you happen to know pirate, can you confirm that he has my new withdrawal address for this final account transaction?

ta,
BA
It's impossible that pirate is a scammer?

No, I mean I've thought about this long and hard, and my conclusion is that Pirate will pay this weekend. Evidence includes the fact that his returns are possible, as very trusted bitcoiners know how this could be done. The "impossible" potentials in this case IMO are: (1) Matt actually has this kind of coin and is this crazy or (2) Matt, a key figurehead in bitcoin, would ruin his reputation. I don't think either is likely, so the only final potential is that pirate will pay. Not flawless logic I know, but that's my reasoning and hence why I decided to neutralize my bet. If I'm wrong, I will accept responsibility and eat my losses, and blame nobody but myself.

I have to agree with you. Matt might not always act it, but he is an intelligent individual. As far as I understand, it is very likely Pirate pays out this weekend, or soon.

Based on what?

Remember pirate has to pay all weekly 7% compounding interest for the past three weeks plus all of the bitcoins he owed investors when BTCST closed down.

in under 45 weeks from the day he closed up shop his liabilities with interest compounded would be ALL the bitcoins that have been mined to date.

Impossible.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 672
Merit: 258
https://cryptassist.io
September 08, 2012, 12:21:53 AM
ALL SHALL BE REVEALED

9/10/12 8:30

PIRATE TURNS OUT TO BE...ATLAS

I would lol. They are both from that area.

the g-spot?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 07, 2012, 11:59:44 PM
ALL SHALL BE REVEALED

9/10/12 8:30

PIRATE TURNS OUT TO BE...ATLAS
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
September 07, 2012, 11:55:21 PM
After reading all of the posts in regards to "Hunting" and "Spotting" Atlas, it seems as though he has turned out to be as elusive as the G-Spot for many members of this forum, so if he does in fact end up as the thief, it might be safe to say that this time, all hope may very well be gone.

Have you seen all the crazy posts today where they say you're Atlas? Btw the G-Spot's found at the back of a ladies throat.
Cryptopreneur
September 07, 2012, 11:53:41 PM
Poor vescudero is getting pummeled by team ponzi. Damned he does damned if he don't logic.  Cheesy

It's the spanish inquisition all over again.  Cheesy
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
September 07, 2012, 11:51:24 PM
After reading all of the posts in regards to "Hunting" and "Spotting" Atlas, it seems as though he has turned out to be as elusive as the G-Spot for many members of this forum, so if he does in fact end up as the thief, it might be safe to say that this time, all hope may very well be gone.
Cryptopreneur
September 07, 2012, 11:46:23 PM
Yeah, seriously. There are quite a few bitter people in bitcoin land. Lets see who gets hustled on the 9th.  Cheesy
Activity: 784
Merit: 108
September 07, 2012, 11:42:28 PM
Well, since this community if not only famous for insane speculation, but also for convicting people before an offense has actually occurred, it's probably best that we get started on tracking down the eventual scammer/hacker who will be responsible for the future theft of Matthew's bitcoins.

~DonShrents
What will happen if Matthew's Server gets hacked and all his bitcoins stolen ?

If his non-existent server with non-existent Bitcoin gets hacked, then you will still not get paid at the end of this bet.
Well, since this community if not only famous for insane speculation, but also for convicting people before an offense has actually occurred, it's probably best that we get started on tracking down the eventual scammer/hacker who will be responsible for the theft of Matthew's bitcoins.

~DonShrents

Hint: Atlas took them

Self-Explanatory.
September 07, 2012, 11:40:13 PM
Well, since this community if not only famous for insane speculation, but also for convicting people before an offense has actually occurred, it's probably best that we get started on tracking down the eventual scammer/hacker who will be responsible for the theft of Matthew's bitcoins.

~DonShrents

Hint: Atlas took them
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
September 07, 2012, 11:39:35 PM
Well, since this community if not only famous for insane speculation, but also for convicting people before an offense has actually occurred, it's probably best that we get started on tracking down the eventual scammer/hacker who will be responsible for the future theft of Matthew's bitcoins.

~DonShrents
September 07, 2012, 11:39:04 PM
What will happen if when Matthew's Server gets hacked and all his bitcoins stolen ?

TROLLOLOLOL I heared he has BTC850000 in a brainwallet.

My brain was hacked!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108
September 07, 2012, 11:37:12 PM
What will happen if when Matthew's Server gets hacked and all his bitcoins stolen ?

TROLLOLOLOL I heared he has BTC850000 in a brainwallet.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 07, 2012, 11:35:53 PM
What will happen if Matthew's Server gets hacked and all his bitcoins stolen ?

If his non-existent server with non-existent Bitcoin gets hacked, then you will still not get paid at the end of this bet.
Pages:
Jump to: