Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 32. (Read 104454 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 08, 2012, 01:39:42 AM
I am talking about right before the bet ends. People will suddenly realize how stupid they are.

Not sure what you are talking about.

They as in the bets?

or

They as in their request for escrow?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 08, 2012, 01:37:09 AM

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1113276
BTCST wasnt a ponzi it just invested in one  Smiley

So Matthew has won his bet...
Pay up guys.

ROFL.

When my original bet was made, I offered Matt to bet with an escrow. More and more I am wishing I demanded it from him.

I lol'ed when I read this. We will see many more comments like this tomorrow I'm sure.

Why would there be more comments like this if you do pay? I can't imagine there being more comments like this IF you won.

I am talking about right before the bet ends. People will suddenly realize how stupid they are.
legendary
September 08, 2012, 01:36:12 AM
When my original bet was made, I offered Matt to bet with an escrow. More and more I am wishing I demanded it from him.

I lol'ed when I read this. We will see many more comments like this tomorrow I'm sure.

Why would there be more comments like this if you do pay? I can't imagine there being more comments like this IF you won.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
September 08, 2012, 01:35:18 AM
Don't think Mathew will payout as promised?
If you truly believe that Mathew is a scam/fuckwit, then this is a no-brainer easy money for you.

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 21,000,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Mathew does not pay out in 3 days as he described in his thread.

To make your bets easier to read, please stick to the following format:
Code:
20BTC
13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM
Optional comment

The above post would be betting 20BTC that he in fact is not going to payout as described. If I lose the bet, you get 20BTC sent to that address. If you lose, you'll need to send 20BTC to my address.

Anyone (including myself) who renigs on their bets will be labeled a scammer on the forums. Theymos will retain the IP addresses of everyone who has committed here and as you are marked a scammer for not paying, you will also be reported to the bitcoin police and tracked. For this reason, it is important that you do not bet more than you can afford to lose. Considering the high probability of fraud from newbie sockpuppets, only established 250+ post users will be allowed to participate, unless they participate through an escrow who will hold their coins. This is up to them to find the escrow although many posters in this thread have agreed to act as such.

The minimum commitment is 0.1BTC. The maximum default bet for normal users is currently 1000000BTC per person. If you would like to wager more, please PM so that I may do a more extensive verification of identity and holdings. Thanks.

Disclaimer: Although I think Mathew is a high risk venture due to a complete lack of sense on his part, I am sorely reminded that the forum needs to be taught a lesson when it comes to crying wolf on things without evidence. It's getting sickening. "SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!". So put your money where your mouth and bet for a better bitcoin forum/community overall.

For the record, the address to remit your funds to if you indeed lose is 13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7kskj

Thank you and good luck!

Edit: have increased the bet I'm willing to take from all bitcoins currently in existence, to all the bitcoins possible to exist at the request of ShadesOfMarble. If this limit is exceeded I'll consider betting bitcoin against people publicly humiliating themselves by making love to a pig on youtube if they lose.

Who is this  Mathew you are talking about?
September 08, 2012, 01:33:19 AM

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1113276
BTCST wasnt a ponzi it just invested in one  Smiley

So Matthew has won his bet...
Pay up guys.
September 08, 2012, 01:32:30 AM

Thanks Atlas, you just cost me (saved me?) 5BTC.
(Bold added just to make my comments stand out of the excessive quoting (sorry).)

Your bet was declined because the probability of you being an SA troll was higher than that of being a legitimate user. I have refused numerous bets.
September 08, 2012, 01:25:55 AM
So what is it? Accepted? Rejected? Ignored?

Rejected.

OK, thanks for the closure, but why?

Original bet post said 100 post minimum required, so no newbie bets.

That would be the rational/official explanation, but Matthew has accepted much larger wagers from much newer n00bs than me (my account is almost a year old).
I think my bet was rejected just to contradict Atlas:

Ouch! Just don't know who's gonna get hurt. I will laugh my ass off if Pirate pays at the last minute and all of his haters that bet get fleeced.  Cheesy

Shhh. You're scaring away the pigeons.

We're not scared away, just being ignored.

I made a wager a few days ago, but you never accepted nor rejected it:

I know the bet is officially closed and I don't have the required number of posts, but hey, stranger things have happened:

Code:
5BTC
1JpstgtL3Guoa9WVjpT7YA3r9QfAaqSyyS
"What's 5BTC compared to the sum total of this bet?"

So what is it? Accepted? Rejected? Ignored?

It's as good as all accepted bets. He's likely not going to pay.

Thanks Atlas, you just cost me (saved me?) 5BTC.
(Bold added just to make my comments stand out of the excessive quoting (sorry).)
Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
September 08, 2012, 01:21:02 AM
Its already past the point where a 100% payoff would be suspicious, "playing it smart" (or doing it well) isn't in the cards now.

Obviously, Mathew isn't planning on giving away all that money (that's not how the real world works) so he has something up his sleeve.  There is no way he is going to give me @ $20,000 on Sunday. No. Fucking. Way.

Since he can't logically win (save a miracle, rigged bet, or bullshit technicality) I think its all just a game to him now.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 08, 2012, 01:17:41 AM
Yes, it would be as fraudulent as him not paying but if he did it well then nobody would be the wiser.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 08, 2012, 01:17:11 AM
legendary
September 08, 2012, 01:15:31 AM
Eureka: Matthew could theoretically pay Pirate to pay everyone out assuming the betters pay up and there is enough bets.

If this is his thinking, then he could possibly be a genius.

Technically that would not be pirate paying everyone out but would be viewed as Matthew paying everyone out. So that wouldn't fly. Pirate has to pay on his own.
Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
September 08, 2012, 01:12:51 AM
Even the slightest hint of a collusion with pirate, and no one will pay, its an unfair bet.

I think Matt may have had every intention of paying at first, but it grew out of hand, and now hes just going to see how high the community will push it...hell end up taking his scammer tags and say it was a lesson to teach us all about being greedy and how easy it is to be scammed. The irony being that no one got scammed, b/c very few expect him to pay.

I could be way off base, but that's what I think is happening here.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 08, 2012, 01:12:02 AM
Eureka: Matthew could theoretically pay Pirate to pay everyone out assuming the betters pay up and there is enough bets.

If this is his thinking, then he could possibly be a genius.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
September 08, 2012, 01:07:28 AM
Care to double down again? Time is getting close, I'll understand if you reject it.

2000 btc.

(Probably pushing my luck)

Done.

if betting is still open double mine as well  Roll Eyes

1HMNpyKHTeeneTkjvAzM2j6zYY8kY9VZPr

no guts, no glory!

Done.

Shocked

Matt wtf, none of these guys will pay out if you win

I dont think matthew can win ,even if he has inside info...i think its wrong
i would be shocked if Pirate even returned deposits  never mind interest % accrued
in the next 12 or so hours

this bet is big ,but it isnt big enough to make pirate hand over the BTCST  jackpot to win it

vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi
September 08, 2012, 01:06:32 AM
I took this a lot more seriously when the betting "closed" at 10k.

But yeah, most of these bets are not held in escrow. He does have a few escrowed bets but im not sure what they amount to.
September 08, 2012, 01:03:04 AM
Would like like to escrow mine?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 08, 2012, 01:02:14 AM
Care to double down again? Time is getting close, I'll understand if you reject it.

2000 btc.

Done.

if betting is still open double mine as well  Roll Eyes

no guts, no glory!

Done.

Shocked

god damn, Remember, remember, the 9th of September

wrong!

oh come on...

none of these bets are in escrow right?
September 08, 2012, 01:00:35 AM

2000 btc.

Done.

no guts, no glory!

Done.

Shocked

wrong!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 08, 2012, 12:58:07 AM

2000 btc.

Done.

no guts, no glory!

Done.

Shocked

September 08, 2012, 12:57:52 AM

2000 btc.

Done.

if betting is still open double mine as well  Roll Eyes

no guts, no glory!

Done.

Knowing my intentions if I do win.  Will you allow me to double down on mine too from 500 BTC to 1000 BTC?

Cheers

Done. (I have no idea of your intentions if you win, and I don't care)
Pages:
Jump to: