Pages:
Author

Topic: [Discussion] Bitcointalk Community Awards 🏆 - page 29. (Read 19687 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
Don't take it as rudeness... but it pisses me off now how you all talk about the competition as if there are no more important problems.
I feel how my DNA is changing, I could not even imagine that those who speak the same language with me would attack my country.

Do not worry about that!
Some do not even notice, unfortunately, that you had already informed that you were from Ukraine!

We just hope you can keep your family protected as much as possible. Now it's time to seek safety rather than browsing online forums.

Courage! Believe that better days will come!
Activity: 882
Merit: 5811
not your keys, not your coins!
Don't take it as rudeness... but it pisses me off now how you all talk about the competition as if there are no more important problems.
I feel how my DNA is changing, I could not even imagine that those who speak the same language with me would attack my country.

That's why I don't give a fuck about the vote count at the moment, and also because:

• war on my land
  • two out of three men in our family are already on the front lines
  • 12 hours straight I hear a siren
  • there are almost no products left in the shops
  • in a day, I may have to transport my family again.

GazetaBitcoin will do the counting, so when he is ready, he or I will publish the results of the competition and so on.

All the peaceful sky above your head.
What's happening in your country really breaks my heart. Following it day and night praying for the best..
Don't worry about this stuff here; your security and security of your family obviously has the highest priority.
If anyone here can help in some way, let us know; it's just hard to imagine how. For example how to get you fresh products (since you mentioned empty shops) and such..
Slava ukraini for sure..!
Activity: 626
Merit: 234
icopress, you fraudster

WHERE IS THE WINNERS?

Stop whining and meddling others in your problems. Why should others suffer because of your problems?

Your problem - it's your problems

Your situation is no excuse to scamming the competition

ICOPRESS - M0THERFUCKER IDIOTO
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️

That's why I don't give a fuck about the vote count at the moment, and also because:

• war on my land
  • two out of three men in our family are already on the front lines
  • 12 hours straight I hear a siren
  • there are almost no products left in the shops
  • in a day, I may have to transport my family again.

GazetaBitcoin will do the counting, so when he is ready, he or I will publish the results of the competition and so on.

All the peaceful sky above your head.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1150
Today icopress closed the ability to vote, which means that the winners will be announced soon. ~Snip
And now let's wait who will be the best spambuster among several candidates for 2021 at this event. I think you'll get to the fact that 90% of the votes belong to you in that category based on what I've seen. So I'm pretty sure you'll win that category for 2021.

I'm just curious, will each winner from each category get a special badge this time?
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Yeah, the responsibility belongs to those members who are giving merits. But no-one was expecting such repetitive posts. Two respected members has agreed that they will not send merit to the voting post when they realized about those patterns.

It is up to each one who gives merits to analyze which post gives merits. If they gave merit just because, they didn't do their best analysis.

I understand, that the fact that you voted in the copy & paste style, could put the justice of the lottery itself. But in this case, you will have to be the one who will evaluate the votes, having to cancel some if they don't comply with the rules. It's not the responsibility of whoever gave merits.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 966
In Search of Incredible
Sorry for the question, but:
What's the big problem with the guys who are looking for/hunting merits?
I don't think having this attitude makes sense, but whoever has to be aware of it is the one who gives the merits.
There is no problem with them. It would have been appreciated if those merit hunters or prize hunters were submitting their vote with their own research and experience. But most of them are just submitting their vote by following the previous posts of other users. Many of them got the false impression (but true) that they will easily receive merit by doing this.

Because everyone gives the merits they want to whoever they want.
Some respected forum member has given merit to those voters only who gave vote to them. Does those voting posts really deserve merits? Well, the respected forum members are giving merits to the voters as they appreciate the voters effort. But those voters doesn't deserve merit when it comes to copy-paste and following other users vote.

Here are some users who has earned their first merit in the forum just for submitting their vote (I haven't considered the initial merits as earned merit)

Code:
MJSO22
packagemission
preikaler
mrjoy15
beveryu778
Mr.Scott
tarable
aylabadia05
zahed
shawonngp
Rigon
rojan
Bobrox
bussybuddy
JeWay
superman184
robattfield

Therefore, if those who were giving merits to those who voted, had the obligation to be careful not to repeat the user.
The responsibility here belongs to those who give merits, who had to have this attention, if not, they should have been more careful.
Yeah, the responsibility belongs to those members who are giving merits. But no-one was expecting such repetitive posts. Two respected members has agreed that they will not send merit to the voting post when they realized about those patterns.

Now, it is true that it was also an unethical attitude on the part of the users.
But it is also not worth alarming the situation so much.
The unethical attitude wouldn't appear if there was no prize pool for the voters, and the users were not receiving merits for voting. A lot of user didn't read the rules before posting their vote, otherwise they have ignored the rules. ‘It may be’ or ‘it may not be’ worth alarming, but everyone should stay aware of those unethical attitudes.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Sorry for the question, but:
What's the big problem with the guys who are looking for/hunting merits?

I don't think having this attitude makes sense, but whoever has to be aware of it is the one who gives the merits.

Because everyone gives the merits they want to whoever they want.

Therefore, if those who were giving merits to those who voted, had the obligation to be careful not to repeat the user.
The responsibility here belongs to those who give merits, who had to have this attention, if not, they should have been more careful.

Now, it is true that it was also an unethical attitude on the part of the users.

But it is also not worth alarming the situation so much.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 966
In Search of Incredible
Few more users who has submitted their vote more than once:

mumang siat: He has submitted the vote two times. He also reposted his vote once by quoting it. He has deleted his first post and the quoted repost. Then submitted a new vote on 21st February and received 1 merit in that. (Post history)

Mups099: The user has submitted the vote twice within few hours gap. However, he hasn't received any merits on his posts. After his first submission, he was informed by a forum members to not spam in the voting post as he doesn't meet the requirement. (Post history)

Don't spam here, before posting anything anywhere read that topic rules first.

sifat08: He has also submitted his vote twice within few hours. He has received 2 merits in his first post, which isn't available now. And he received 1 merit in his second post. (Post history)

wtsimis: This user also posted his vote twice. Probably he has deleted his first submission as he was informed by a forum members that his vote won't be counted. He submitted another voting post on 22nd February when he has earned 50 merits. ‘wtsimis’ received 3 merits on his second voting post. (Post history)

[...]
Guys, your votes will not be counted. Please make sure you read the contest rules!
Activity: 626
Merit: 234
I think that all winners should refuse to win this competition and ask sponsors (Sportsbet, CryptioS, ChipMixer, BestChange) to donate money for help to injured Ukrainian peaceful civilans

It will be fair
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 6436
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
OK, you are right. I should quote only the last post, from icopress. I am sorry if it confused you.

Perhaps you should learn to properly quote only the parts of previous posts which are of interest to your current post, not the entire post and, even more important, not other previous posts made by others. I see that you quoted again my entire post in your previous post, also it was not needed or, at least, it was not needed entirely. In this case, the part that you could have quoted, as being useful in your reply, would be only this part of my post: First of all, I have no idea to whom you are talking to, as you quoted both me and icopress. Second of all, your reply makes no sense to me. So practically I am stating that I am willing to do an act of charity, in case I'd win a prize in this contest, and you say that you bet I would not trade my wealth for the Ukrainians. What does this have to do with what I said? What is the connection?

You are a Hero member and, furthermore, a self-made Hero member, which means you are a decent forum contributor. At this stage you should also have known already how quote system works and what exactly to quote from previous posts, in order to avoid such confusions...
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
I bet you wouldn't want to trade your wealth for theirs.

First of all, I have no idea to whom you are talking to, as you quoted both me and icopress. Second of all, your reply makes no sense to me. So practically I am stating that I am willing to do an act of charity, in case I'd win a prize in this contest, and you say that you bet I would not trade my wealth for the Ukrainians. What does this have to do with what I said? What is the connection? Or are you just trying to make your weekly posts for the signature campaign you are part of?

Remember that they must travel 50-100-150, sometimes more km to the border - by foot or car. In comparison Africans from Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria had to pay for flight [...]

Third of all, what does this part of your post have to do with the first one?

OK, you are right. I should quote only the last post, from icopress. I am sorry if it confused you.
And in fact I should quote only the part "all the Refugees who leave Ukraine are VERY wealthy people", as this was the sentence which I felt was not fair.
legendary
I bet you wouldn't want to trade your wealth for theirs.

First of all, I have no idea to whom you are talking to, as you quoted both me and icopress. Second of all, your reply makes no sense to me. So practically I am stating that I am willing to do an act of charity, in case I'd win a prize in this contest, and you say that you bet I would not trade my wealth for the Ukrainians. What does this have to do with what I said? What is the connection? Or are you just trying to make your weekly posts for the signature campaign you are part of?

Remember that they must travel 50-100-150, sometimes more km to the border - by foot or car. In comparison Africans from Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria had to pay for flight [...]

Third of all, what does this part of your post have to do with the first one?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
Those tickets to a football game, for example, may mean the food for an entire family for 1-2 weeks I guess. It's war there! The bombs sound is so loud that it can be heard from Romania... Romania, as a nation, already accepted thousands of Ukrainean refugees. [...]
In general, this would be enough to provide 1 family for several months, if not more. In addition, as sad as it sounds, all the Refugees who leave Ukraine are VERY wealthy people. A simple ordinary Ukrainian cannot afford such a luxury even if he is provided with free housing.

I bet you wouldn't want to trade your wealth for theirs. Remember that they must travel 50-100-150, sometimes more km to the border - by foot or car. In comparison Africans from Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria had to pay for flight (to Belarus) or for illegal transport by sea, not difficult to guess what is more expensive. And just a last detail - who is running away from Africa are mostly men, to get social security and documents in EU and then invite their family; all men 18-60 y on Ukraine are obliged to stay and defend their country. On the border you will meet women and children only.
https://twitter.com/SeanPenn/status/1498390093375016965
Myself & two colleagues walked miles to the Polish border after abandoning our car on the side of the road. Almost all the cars in this photo carry women & children only, most without any sign of luggage, and a car their only possession of value.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Those tickets to a football game, for example, may mean the food for an entire family for 1-2 weeks I guess. It's war there! The bombs sound is so loud that it can be heard from Romania... Romania, as a nation, already accepted thousands of Ukrainean refugees. [...]
In general, this would be enough to provide 1 family for several months, if not more. In addition, as sad as it sounds, all the Refugees who leave Ukraine are VERY wealthy people. A simple ordinary Ukrainian cannot afford such a luxury even if he is provided with free housing.

I suggest that given the Russian aggression on Ukraine and all the immoral things with the voting, all crypto awards should be donated to charity in Ukraine. Since @icopress is from Ukraine and participates in the defense, he certainly knows who needs help the most.
I know ... and I also do everything within my capabilities, but I don't quite agree as it should be a voluntary choice of everyone and not morally coercive, and if someone decides to refuse any prize, I think he will declare it himself ... I can only recommend where the user could send these funds.
legendary
As you can see, you are the only one who agrees with me on this idea, and I think that fact tells you enough how much someone is willing to give up some reward in favor of any noble goal. Yet that doesn’t stop anyone from making their own personal donation.

I also share this merciful thought. So there are 3 of us. If I'd win any prize I would gladly offer it to icopress thus he'll do what he knows best for poor Ukrainean people. Of course, it would be impossible to win, due to... various reasons, but if I'd win anything I would accept the idea of charity.

Those tickets to a football game, for example, may mean the food for an entire family for 1-2 weeks I guess. It's war there! The bombs sound is so loud that it can be heard from Romania... Romania, as a nation, already accepted thousands of Ukrainean refugees. There was also created a Fb Romanian group named Uniti pentru Ucraina -- United for Ukraine and it has 50.000 members, all willing to help Ukrainian people in need of shelter in my country. Therefore I as well, if I will be able to help anybody with a prize, in case I'd win any, I would prefer to know that I helped somebody, instead of being happy for my winning.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 5364
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I suggest that given the Russian aggression on Ukraine and all the immoral things with the voting, all crypto awards should be donated to charity in Ukraine. Since @icopress is from Ukraine and participates in the defense, he certainly knows who needs help the most.

I agree with you completely. It would be great if we could give more support to Ukraine as a collective. I understand why some will disagree with their political decisions, and I respect that, but the fact remains that this is an aggression against a sovereign state and many innocent civilians will suffer. Glory to Ukraine!

As you can see, you are the only one who agrees with me on this idea, and I think that fact tells you enough how much someone is willing to give up some reward in favor of any noble goal. Yet that doesn’t stop anyone from making their own personal donation.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
The user that Mahdirakib discovered wears a 1xBit signature. He is already tagged and I doubt he would care about more red paint, or neutral in this case. No idea how many other users there are or how their reputation is. It surely is a type of abuse, but since theymos doesn't want DT members to tag people for merit-related actions, (unless we are talking about buying and selling merits) I would check with him before doing it.
Yeah, I figured as much. I'm just not quite comfortable with the deception so it wasn't the issue with earning the merit for me, but the way they went about it. Hence why I wanted to get some feedback from the community. I'll leave it.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
What's everyone's opinion on leaving neutral trust on those that deleted, and posted again in an attempt to gain more merit?
The user that Mahdirakib discovered wears a 1xBit signature. He is already tagged and I doubt he would care about more red paint, or neutral in this case. No idea how many other users there are or how their reputation is. It surely is a type of abuse, but since theymos doesn't want DT members to tag people for merit-related actions, (unless we are talking about buying and selling merits) I would check with him before doing it.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 888
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

I agree with you completely. It would be great if we could give more support to Ukraine as a collective. I understand why some will disagree with their political decisions, and I respect that, but the fact remains that this is an aggression against a sovereign state and many innocent civilians will suffer. Glory to Ukraine!
Pages:
Jump to: