Pages:
Author

Topic: [Discussion] Bitcointalk Community Awards 🏆 - page 31. (Read 19687 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 5364
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
May I suggest to use your vote to counter the things you don't like?

Why would I participate in something I don't like if my vote can't change the behavior of those who don't mind doing anything to reach their goal? Besides, I'm not so desperate to get a merit...

This is a funny picture - corrupted meritsourcers gives merits to their noname voters who have never known before

I just noticed that a lot of profiles are completely unknown to me, but this is somewhat understandable if they are active in local or altcoins boards that I personally do not visit. The question is what attracted them to give their vote, guaranteed merit or is there additional motivation in the background...

Well, we know for a long time that he has no shame so this is just business as usual.

As I have already commented on another topic, for some the forum is a job, for others a place where they spend part of their free time, learn something, help others if they can and in the end maybe earn something. But given the current situation in the East, our keyboard warrior may soon have to replace his keyboard with a completely different tool.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
[I have a war started 50 kilometers away from me].
Prio 1: stay safe!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Guys .... you will discuss everything here for now, and I will join the discussion a little later. [I have a war started 50 kilometers away from me].
legendary
The only alternative would be for the votes to be secret, with the OP having to accept the DM votes. But that would be crazy for him to manage all the votes and it would take up a lot of time.
I came up with this idea:
I just thought (@icopress) of another use case: Say you're running Awards, and you want to keep entries confidential until a certain date. You could require all participants to PM you, with a CC to "LoyceVs PM publisher" and delay=. That way the campaign manager can already see the entries, and once the contest ends, anyone can verify all entries.
You don't even have to (fully) trust me on this: each participant can verify their own entry.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
Yeah, I imagine it's pretty annoying especially for those in the running of winning something. I bet it could be quite easily done to measure the effect of the merit awarding, since there is definitely a reoccurrence of certain users since they have been giving merit, which didn't seem to be in the running at the very start. Although, that could just be exposure, and natural variation, so it probably wouldn't prove much at all. Although, I do believe the OP has the ability to not include anyone's votes at their discretion.

It really seems strange to see candidates giving merit to those who vote for them. But as it is impossible to block attribution of merits in a specific topic, only the common sense of each user remains. Perhaps you could do it at the end of the poll, rather than during the poll, to try to avoid becoming an influencer.

The only alternative would be for the votes to be secret, with the OP having to accept the DM votes. But that would be crazy for him to manage all the votes and it would take up a lot of time.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much the OP can do. Just trust the common sense and honesty of other users.
Either way, that's not what will tarnish this initiative, which has as its main objective to animate the community and involve us all.  Wink
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
The problem seems enough to be annoying. Smiley
Yeah, I imagine it's pretty annoying especially for those in the running of winning something. I bet it could be quite easily done to measure the effect of the merit awarding, since there is definitely a reoccurrence of certain users since they have been giving merit, which didn't seem to be in the running at the very start. Although, that could just be exposure, and natural variation, so it probably wouldn't prove much at all. Although, I do believe the OP has the ability to not include anyone's votes at their discretion.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
As usual, all winners have already been determined in advance. These are the primary partners of Sportsbet, CryptioS, ChipMixer & BestChange (Ratimov, nutildah, suchmoon, foxpup & others henchmens)
Was I supposed to be cycling merit and no one told me? My bad. I'll make sure to beg Foxpup for forgiveness. Well, beg even more than usual Wink
Don't worry, you only have to beg for forgiveness from your "primary partner". Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
As usual, all winners have already been determined in advance. These are the primary partners of Sportsbet, CryptioS, ChipMixer & BestChange (Ratimov, nutildah, suchmoon, foxpup & others henchmens)
Was I supposed to be cycling merit and no one told me? My bad. I'll make sure to beg Foxpup for forgiveness. Well, beg even more than usual Wink
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
The fact is that returning 1000 dollars is not the same as returning a quarter of a million~
Well, technically it's not the same.. and it certainly isn't going to feel the same to the person mistakenly sending it.. but to a morally grounded person receiving it, I'd feel the same way on returning 1K as I would 250K.. if it's not my coin, it's not my coin, and I'd need to send it back.

Regardless, these acts should probably be acknowledged when the amounts are this high, while being wary that we could then have a rash of seemingly altruistic users sending and returning as much BTC as they can to their alts in an effort to gain trust/reputation. Although, I'd have to doubt any of them have 39BTC and would be willing to lose the fees, but who knows.

Although, I'm not sure it's a massive problem in the grand scheme of things, it would just be a shame to see a community event be ruined by it, as I do believe that message behind the event i.e recognising those that contribute to the forum in one way or another, is a good one. 
The problem seems enough to be annoying. Smiley

I try to avoid popularity contests because, well, I'm not very good at being popular. I'm not as active with posting, I don't have alts to fluff myself up, and seeing the merit'ing this year, I wouldn't have enough merit to play the 'reward me if I vote for you' games with the merit seekers.. popularity perks of being a merit source, I guess. *shrug*

Nonetheless, I do appreciate the love & recognition I've seen for myself, and BPIP, even if 1 or 2 looked like possibly copy/paste!, but there are enough votes from people I see from legit forum members, who certainly need no merit from me to solicit a vote.. so thank you all, much appreciated.

People, when you do find that special somebody, you gotta hold that man, hold that woman, love him, please him, squeeze her, please her, signify your feelings with every gentle caress, because it's so important to have that special somebody to hold, to kiss, to miss, to squeeze and please! Everybody needs somebody. Everybody needs somebody to looove! ..  I need YOU, YOU, YOU! Wink
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
You either don't vote for them if you think what they are doing is not right. But that is an injustice in itself.
Since all these votes are highly subjective, I don't think that's injustice at all, to not nominate someone who you think is doing a wrong thing by giving merits in exchange for votes.

Speaking of immoral things, I think it is not at all appropriate to open such a topic in the Meta board at a time when voting is underway, but as I have already written, some will do everything to win.
Well, we know for a long time that he has no shame so this is just business as usual.

I don't think Admin needs to do it: icopress could set a rule that disqualifies anyone who Merits posts in the topic before the deadline passes.
Yes pls. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7060
Cashback 15%
I don't think Admin needs to do it: icopress could set a rule that disqualifies anyone who Merits posts in the topic before the deadline passes.
I like this idea very much, but let's not talk about it in public anymore, keep it a top secret and wait until voting ends.
Let them spend all their merits and dream how they will spend their rewards  Cheesy
This will be the first anticorruption law of icopress dynasty.

Activity: 626
Merit: 234
I've also noticed that some are simply copying what is in the posts above, or may have received private instructions on how to vote - although I have no doubt that there are a very large number of alt accounts in all of this.
These copy-pasting monkeys should be banned for plagiarism

it is not surprising that a considerable number of voters are not known to me personally
This is a funny picture - corrupted meritsourcers gives merits to their noname voters who have never known before
legendary
However, for now I have decided not to vote and I think it will stay that way - there are too many things I don't like and too much hypocrisy
May I suggest to use your vote to counter the things you don't like?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 5364
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
This is visible even to the blind. And the funny thing is that this has been discussed for a long time, but in spite of everything, merits are given out for the chosen votes.

When it comes to money and rewards, some don't seem to be reluctant to draw attention to themselves no matter how wrong it may seem in other people's eyes. In this particular case, merits are used as motivation and reward for those who vote, and it is not surprising that a considerable number of voters are not known to me personally, and I believe others who are active in the forum every day.

I'm more than sure that among the voters who have the goal of getting merit, they don't even know the people they are electing.

I've also noticed that some are simply copying what is in the posts above, or may have received private instructions on how to vote - although I have no doubt that there are a very large number of alt accounts in all of this.

But, unfortunately, the win overshadows the eyes of the one who claims to win, and the merit reward will continue. Although yes, from the outside it does not present a big problem. It just characterizes the person.

Speaking of immoral things, I think it is not at all appropriate to open such a topic in the Meta board at a time when voting is underway, but as I have already written, some will do everything to win. In addition, personal achievements are shared on the Reputation board - and no one even dared to report that topic.

However, for now I have decided not to vote and I think it will stay that way - there are too many things I don't like and too much hypocrisy, not to use some harder words.
Activity: 626
Merit: 234
But that is an injustice in itself.
This is a private contest which organized by private sponsors. Their competition - their private rules
What justice are you talking about?

Pure commercial performance, not a fair social-oriented contest
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
icopress could set a rule that disqualifies anyone who Merits posts in the topic before the deadline passes.
That could be a useful addition for the upcoming years if icopress decides to continue with the ceremony. Somehow I don't think he will make such changes for this edition. He has stated that it's his decision whether or not to ignore votes by inactive and recently awakened users. But that's about it really.   
legendary
Like I suggested before, if this voting event is going to become a annual thing for years to come, them maybe the admin team could prevent merits being sent in the thread to prevent abuse.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
Without pointing fingers, some of the users who are rewarding a lot of merits to voters

This is visible even to the blind. And the funny thing is that this has been discussed for a long time, but in spite of everything, merits are given out for the chosen votes.
I'm more than sure that among the voters who have the goal of getting merit, they don't even know the people they are electing. But, unfortunately, the win overshadows the eyes of the one who claims to win, and the merit reward will continue. Although yes, from the outside it does not present a big problem. It just characterizes the person.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Without pointing fingers, some of the users who are rewarding a lot of merits to voters are nominated for a reason and deserve to be nominees, if not winners in their respective categories. So there are two choices and both are wrong and right at the same time. You either don't vote for them if you think what they are doing is not right. But that is an injustice in itself. Or you vote for them and potentially get merited, and then it looks like you only voted for someone to be merited by that same person.   
Activity: 882
Merit: 5811
not your keys, not your coins!
I'm definitely seeing a pattern of users popping up, and voting for those that are rewarding votes with merit.
It's possible; because I purposely didn't send any merits in that topic to make sure I don't get votes from people who only hope to receive my sMerits. After the initial few days / weeks (during which active legit users already submitted their votes), I almost entirely stopped receiving any more votes. Grin
Pages:
Jump to: