Pages:
Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 74. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Congress Calls for SEC to Clarify Position on Crypto Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/congress-calls-for-sec-to-clarify-position-on-crypto-regulation/

The SEC has guidelines for raising money. If you raise money from investors they want to know who is responsible for the money raised, what it is raised for, and the proper reporting and disclosure. There are also guidelines for who you can accept money from and in some cases how much money you can accept from them, depending on which type of fundraising program you have chosen. These are all important factors for consumer protection and handling fraud.

The SEC chairman Jay Clayton has already stated he is not going to change the securities laws for crypto. To me that means regardless of whether or not you are selling a token to raise funds the same rules and regulations apply. This is why we have chosen equity fundraising for DNotes Global through the Reg D 506 (c) program initially.

Alan also has a great interview regarding this here: In Interview, Alan Yong Addresses ICOs, NextGen VC, and Regulatory Compliance

The guidelines are quite clear, but in many cases cryptocurrency projects are trying to skirt the regulations by changing nuances within their raise to avoid the direct ability to apply the language in the law.

e.g if it said "If you raise money as an investment from the public then you must comply with securities law"

The ICO then makes all 'investors' agree that their contribution to the project is a 'voluntary donation'.

or, say looking at the Howey test conditions used to define a security in the USA:

It is an investment of money -- simply make it a donation.
There is an expectation of profits from the investment -- make it a donation.
The investment of money is in a common enterprise -- don't use the funds for operational business expenses (yes I've actually seen this, which raises the question, what are the funds used for then? Most probably an external application not owned by the business, but I note projects like this always avoid discussing how the funds are used)
Any profit comes from the efforts of a promoter or third party -- Don't commit to developing the blockchain that the issued tokens are on to limit this expectation, and remove the link for expected profit between the application being built and the token to be used on it (no profit sharing etc).

Use all of the strategies you like to skirt the law, but these founders are merely taking advantage of a grace period where laws don't currently word-for-word cover the large variances in potential cryptocurrencies that can be created. What is lost on these founders, is that the SEC cares about 1. the law, but 2. the spirit of the law when it was written. These  publicly self-proclaimed crypto "geniuses" are no doubt aware of point 2.

In our view, the above is a dangerous long-term strategy that opens you up to future retrospective litigation, and destruction of your startup. It turns your entire passion and years of hard work into a game of regulatory roulette, and it's not like the highly competitive environment doesn't present enough risk!
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
legendary
DNotes

https://dcebrief.com/congress-calls-for-sec-to-clarify-position-on-crypto-regulation/

The SEC has guidelines for raising money. If you raise money from investors they want to know who is responsible for the money raised, what it is raised for, and the proper reporting and disclosure. There are also guidelines for who you can accept money from and in some cases how much money you can accept from them, depending on which type of fundraising program you have chosen. These are all important factors for consumer protection and handling fraud.

The SEC chairman Jay Clayton has already stated he is not going to change the securities laws for crypto. To me that means regardless of whether or not you are selling a token to raise funds the same rules and regulations apply. This is why we have chosen equity fundraising for DNotes Global through the Reg D 506 (c) program initially.

Alan also has a great interview regarding this here: In Interview, Alan Yong Addresses ICOs, NextGen VC, and Regulatory Compliance
legendary
DNotes
Hi DNotes, could you please tell me why the DNotes wallet show maintenance mode on Mercatox?

Hey BTCWise, everything is fine on the network. They seem to do a lot of wallet maintenance. I would recommend opening a support ticket. If it takes more than a few days, let me know and I will get in touch with them.

Hi DNotes, just wanted to let you know wallet is still showing maintenance mode. Could you please try to get hold of them cause its taking forever for them to respond to my support ticket. Hope I am not causing any panic. Not my intention. Regards,

Hey BTCWise

Did you happen to catch the news?
https://mercatox.com/news/news-mt

It looks like a good chunk of the cryptos are still down, most of the tokens are up and running though. I'll reach out to them but I suspect they will take some time with this.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

Activity: 267
Merit: 13
Hi DNotes, could you please tell me why the DNotes wallet show maintenance mode on Mercatox?

Hey BTCWise, everything is fine on the network. They seem to do a lot of wallet maintenance. I would recommend opening a support ticket. If it takes more than a few days, let me know and I will get in touch with them.

Hi DNotes, just wanted to let you know wallet is still showing maintenance mode. Could you please try to get hold of them cause its taking forever for them to respond to my support ticket. Hope I am not causing any panic. Not my intention. Regards,
Activity: 327
Merit: 16
Whooo Tim, that was really well written!

I have seen the situation about ICOs which you are describing so many times now, that I stopped counting Shocked About a year ago where whole market was growing rapidly there was an explosion of ICOs and everybody was talking about them. I have been monitoring the progress of some and I must say that many of them are already dead and most of the rest are also on that path Roll Eyes In many instances the teams are not even posting or responding on Twitter, Bitcoin form or other social platforms anymore...and on the Telegram groups of those coins, there is just a bunch of desperate people asking the same question "when moon?" all over again Roll Eyes

Seeing all that I appreciate the DNotes and the team behind it even more Wink I'm sure that in time more and more people will realize the quality of your work and why you are different from most of the "when moon?" coins out there...  Smiley
Indeed, it has always been our focus to build value into our ecosystem, rather than hope that speculative traders can propel DNotes forward. We have a lot going on that will certainly add significant value to our ecosystem. Once value has been created, this is the juncture that people begin to realize that you are onto something special, and prices may begin to closer reflect that increased value and be much more likely to be sustainable at that level.

We are always very appreciative having you stopping by Amadeus82. We also hope that the market will continue its early signs of recovery which may lead to some more positive headlines in the mainstream media.

TeeGee it is my pleasure stopping by and get some updates, DNotes team always answers the question which I post here, which is a thing that I really appreciate. That's a rare quality in the crypto world Wink

I know that DNotes is not building just the coin, but the whole ecosystem and that takes time Smiley Since I see that you are all very active and are really working hard on making your vision come to life, I have no problem with patiently waiting for more updates. I'm sure that with the time, as ecosystem grows, also will the price of the coin Wink Cool

Agreed Amadeus82, to bring a vision to life requires using your opportunities and timing wisely -- to be the last one standing, rather than just the first. We see a lot of people trying to blazing ahead on what they think 'the answer' is to crypto adoption with large amounts of money that they never earned and/or acquired easily through an ICO. While some of the contributions to the industry are noteworthy, many of them become redundant very quickly, and in many other cases the large cash burn rates of these projects mean that the majority will not be able to continue operations once the funding dries up, since it remains unlikely their product will catch on and that their revenue will ever be able to match the spending rates they are accustomed to.

Say I give a hypothetical example for just one year of operations for a typical ICO might look like:

1. I raise $15m of Bitcoin+Eth in a new coin called "Tim ICO". Balance = 15m
2. I need to pay $1m of the proceeds for the marketing partners that I used during the raising process. Balance = $14m
3. I pay myself and my core team of 5 people a yearly salary of around $200k USD (This is a LOW estimate). Balance = $13m
4. I pay to attend and speak at 5 conferences (~250k) to promote the ICO and brand. Balance = $12.75m
5. I pay 1m for lawyers, accountants and various licences in the countries that I choose to operate. Balance = $11.75m
6. I lose an average of 30% of average sale price from Bitcoin volatility (presuming I was selling my ICO proceeds in tranches over time for the entire 15m, so losing $5m). Balance = $5.75m
7. Have to pay for exchange listings (500k to 1m to get on 2 or 3 medium to large exchanges -- cost for exchanges with only 15-20m in *fake* daily traded volume is usually 100-150k). Balance = $4.75m.
8. Pay for core development of a medium-sized platform - easily 1m. Balance = 3.75m.
9. Salary for ongoing retained developers on the payroll for releasing new apps and maintenance etc -- let's assume five developers are 70-100k each (probably more), just assume 400k. Balance = $3.45m.
9. Administration, support team, and other internal hires for a medium sized project - 1m easily. Balance = $2.75m.
10. Depending on the variances in the above, a project like the one described could have entered year two with $0, or anywhere up to perhaps half of the initial funds raised. It is likely the second year would eat the remaining investment, but year two is also likely to cost a lot less to continue operating than the first year where most costs were for setup of the venture. In some cases Bitcoin volatility could have led to the venture having a lot more than it started if they carried out their ICO when Bitcoin was worth 2k USD, and then sold at the top at 20k. There are a lot of variables.

*Some costs in the above hypothetical example may be less, but in many cases they will be MUCH more.

The point is, observation is showing that many ICO projects are big spending in an effort to get ahead, however many of these expenditures are much greater than they should be or need to be. In many cases, the effect of big spending marketing at conferences, advertisements, PR firms, exchange listings etc have very short-term effects on the price of the token. The entire token market cap in some cases becomes worth less than the amounts paid in marketing budget. Think of conferences in our industry for example -- it is not uncommon for a project to pay 50 thousand to 250 thousand dollars to get a talking spot at a blockchain conference. There is very little benefit for an ICO project to pay such a fee to speak (especially if they've already raised their funding), and its sore news for attendees who are only listening to somebody because they paid to speak, rather than because they have any expertise. These conferences that C-level executives from ICO projects pay to speak at, are not paid for to benefit the projects ecosystem whatsoever, but more to boost the personal brand of the speaker so that they can become famous, and boost their credibility for their future business endeavors in the industry when they create their next ICO.

Over time, this free spending becomes a drain on the venture, and what may have begun as rapid progress turns into a cash burn that can't be sustained. I'm certain that there are almost no ICO projects that are turning a positive cash flow that is great enough to pay for prior levels of expenditures at the moment, which means that once the funds begin to run low, employees begin to get dropped, marketing budgets reduce, and the projects are forgotten in time. Think of how many ICO projects you heard about six months ago that were 'all the rage' -- how many of them do you hear about today? How many of them are worth even 20% of what they were at that date? The point I'm illustrating here is that massive marketing budgets, and free-spending hasn't really helped them in the long term. It just enriched the people behind the project.

By comparison, the compliant business models that we are beginning to see emerge use funding from equity investors to fund operations, rather than ICO investors who are owners of an intrinsically worthless token. This means there is a much greater incentive to spend money wisely where there is likely to be a return on investment. There are no quick 'exist strategies' when it comes to equity investment projects, compared to ICO markets where the developers can just quickly sell all their coins after their marketing created the desired pump. Seeing the coins still held by project developers from ICO projects would be information I'd be most fascinated to see. While many ICO projects are still well-funded, most are quickly running out of funds, and will die (it's unlikely they'll be able to attract private investors for equity, and if they do, it just means the ICO was a ruse to enrich the developers and getting everyday people to pay for the development, and not the wealthy equity investors).

At the end of the day, the number of ICOs is falling rapidly, and most of the ICOs that are trying to raise funds are not getting anywhere near their desired funding targets. If this trend continues, it means there are likely to be far fewer free-spending ICO projects around distorting the prices of everything in our industry (exchange prices, conference prices etc), because they'll all be running out of cash to burn and there will be fewer new projects entering the market.

I predict most projects will move to private placement under Reg D and Reg A+ (which this is already beginning to happen), and much more sensible spending by those projects, because they will be accountable to their investors.

With all of the above, the basic thought behind it is that without a sensible business plan, you can only spend other people's money without consequences for so long--until you can't. At that time, you remove yourself from competition, and the people are the last ones standing--that didn't waste all their money--will be the winners.

Now just imagine what a sensible spending company armed with 15m or even 50m could achieve in the long term?

...and those are my unstructured thoughts for the day, wasn't expecting to write so much. Might paraphrase the above into an article.

legendary
DNotes
Malta’s New Crypto Laws to Go into Effect Nov 1st

https://dcebrief.com/maltas-new-crypto-laws-to-go-into-effect-nov-1st/
Which sort of New Crypto Laws in Malta will have significant impacts on DNotes?
Has Dnotes had large customer population there?

Welcome DarkKnightNeverDie. DCEBrief is owned by DNotes Global and part of our ecosystem. In order to achieve digital currency mass adoption, we believe in taking a holistic approach, including media and outreach.

From the DCEBrief mission statement:
"DCEBrief is committed to focus on bringing issues that matter to your attention, utilizing an “Executive Summary” without fluff and filler. When appropriate, we may also include full length articles. Our mission is to keep you informed with timely information. We will need the cooperation of the mainstream media and the full support of our political leaders and regulators to help promote and not stifle innovation for the better good of mankind."

However, we also feel it is important to keep up to date with the latest news in the industry as it relates to DNotes.
Indeed, it has always been our focus to build value into our ecosystem, rather than hope that speculative traders can propel DNotes forward. We have a lot going on that will certainly add significant value to our ecosystem. Once value has been created, this is the juncture that people begin to realize that you are onto something special, and prices may begin to closer reflect that increased value and be much more likely to be sustainable at that level.

We are always very appreciative having you stopping by Amadeus82. We also hope that the market will continue its early signs of recovery which may lead to some more positive headlines in the mainstream media.

TeeGee it is my pleasure stopping by and get some updates, DNotes team always answers the question which I post here, which is a thing that I really appreciate. That's a rare quality in the crypto world Wink

I know that DNotes is not building just the coin, but the whole ecosystem and that takes time Smiley Since I see that you are all very active and are really working hard on making your vision come to life, I have no problem with patiently waiting for more updates. I'm sure that with the time, as ecosystem grows, also will the price of the coin Wink Cool
Malta’s New Crypto Laws to Go into Effect Nov 1st

https://dcebrief.com/maltas-new-crypto-laws-to-go-into-effect-nov-1st/

legendary
DNotes
It seems that market in general is slowly starting to recover Smiley I hope that it will also have positive effect on DNotes, the coin surely deserves it  Smiley

Or do you think that is still to early to speak about market recovery?  Undecided

Thanks Amadeus! We are hopeful the markets are on an upswing and that it will have a positive impact on DNotes. However, the speculative trading in the short term is unpredictable. We will continue to focus on building long term value and growing DNotes, ultimately that strategy will prevail regardless of the current state of the industry and markets.
It seems that market in general is slowly starting to recover Smiley I hope that it will also have positive effect on DNotes, the coin surely deserves it  Smiley

Or do you think that is still to early to speak about market recovery?  Undecided

Interview: Cryptocurrency Simplified Co-Founder Erica Stanford

https://dcebrief.com/interview-cryptocurrency-simplified-co-founder-erica-stanford/
Coinbase Announces Changes to Listing Process

https://dcebrief.com/coinbase-announces-changes-to-listing-process/
Yeah, with newest approach of Coinbase, more digital assests might be added in the platform.
New coming assets will be listed on a regional stance point, not only focus on U.S. regulations.
In the meantime, Dnotes team should prepare all necessary documents in order to apply as soon as possible when Coinbase have new announcement on the issue.

Thanks Bitcoin Miners, agreed, that is exactly what we intend to do. There are some unique legal documents they request that we are looking into right now.

It is definitely something worth preparing ourselves for. One of the common themes in Alan's book "Four Pillars" is to always position yourself to be best prepared for success. It does not matter where you are right now, but where you are going from here. That was how Alan's company Dauphin Technology won two large government contracts as a small player in the computer industry against much larger competition. As a cryptocurrency with bold ideas and global ambition, we will build opportunities like this into our strategic plan as one potential option for rapid scaling and growth, and prepare ourselves accordingly.
legendary
DNotes

Yeah, with newest approach of Coinbase, more digital assests might be added in the platform.
New coming assets will be listed on a regional stance point, not only focus on U.S. regulations.
In the meantime, Dnotes team should prepare all necessary documents in order to apply as soon as possible when Coinbase have new announcement on the issue.

Thanks Bitcoin Miners, agreed, that is exactly what we intend to do. There are some unique legal documents they request that we are looking into right now.
Activity: 440
Merit: 100
Roobet

I was hoping that Google's policy would have extended to allow cryptocurrencies and blockchain projects that meet compliance ethical standards to advertise on their platform (no ICOs and no 'binary options'), but alas, we may need to wait a little longer.

Currently a lot of work is going into the early stages of Next Gen VC deployment, and its related services. We are very confident that the initial programs and services that Next Gen VC will launch with with have no qualitative equal, and it will be our commitment to grow and offer a litany of new services that are well-differentiated from traditional VC that promote venture sustainability and success as our funding gives us more room to move.

Next Gen VC looks very promising Wink Helping businesses and companies to grow and fund, can be very rewarding in the long term. it would be amazing to see new business partnerships formed in that way and I'm sure it will greatly benefit the DNotes ecosystem.
Pages:
Jump to: