Pages:
Author

Topic: Do not invest in ICO anymore. Do not Feed scammers - page 14. (Read 4981 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 14
OP is right, the era of ICO is over. In fact, we don't need so many new coins at all. Most of the tokens now seem useless, just in exchange for Bitcoin and Ethereum in our hands and we just got a bunch of shittokens. Stop imagining ICO and stop investing in ICO.
Activity: 912
Merit: 100
This is not true. There are projects with an already working product, which raise funds for its improvement, and there are those who are just going to develop their exclusive product. Considering these options, it makes sense to invest in projects with a working product.
And not all projects need to be attributed to scamers. Many people are really working on their product and it’s not their fault that the market is in such a bad state.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
I understand your frustration coz I almost sold all of my coins.  but good thing, I didn't allow myself to be totally carried away by my angst.  I guess mature coin owners will not be scammed for as long as they can smell a dirty transaction miles away.  
Activity: 658
I think it is not proper to tell people what to do with their money.  We can only advice not instruct.  I think more due diligence should be carried out on the ICO we may be interested in investing into.  ICO have benefited lots of investors in the past and with right ICO,  investors can still make more profit on their investment funds!
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
ICO projects was very cool, i used to join them with a great joy! I remember that the ICO times were very short like 1 hour and i had to wait online for buying. In 2016 and 2017 i made quite good ammount of money with ICO's. After the ICO i could sell my coins like 1X3 price in minutes. But know it is totaly different. When you invest an ICO project, it would takes months to trade them in exchange. Also more than %70 ICO were scam in 2018 and thats why i am not going to invest any ICO anymore!
Activity: 304
ICO era is gone! Stop feeding serial scammers. Stop funding these cash grab nonexistent projects.
The World Do not need new tokens at all. We got enough shitcoin for next 100 years.

Well if there are a real project (With trustworthy Team) which is really willing to distirbute Their tokens! There are Many ways Without Doing ICO!

ICOs should just get funded from VCs and do an airdrop to community.

Most ico can be done open source on github for free.. the greed in creating all of these project is stifling growth. A lot of innovation come from free open source project from passionate developers.

Im 3 years in this field and strictly advice you do not invest in any ico at all.

What Do you think guys ?

What a tough position you have. Personally, I think the ICO era is just beginning. Understand, the mechanism of work is only being developed and improved, and you have already been disappointed in all this.
Activity: 434
ICO is still a field that could be promising. It's just a lot of scam and eventually many were gullible because not doing good research analysis at the ICO. but many of the ICO are springing up and of course, there are some pretty good enough for promising investments.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
ICO is going through a very difficult time, which should lead to changes, or leave the market, or somehow improve, of course, not in favor of the scammers, but for the benefit of society and those works of talented brilliant developers for whom ICO was created. In the meantime, it remains only to carefully filter them for fraud.
Activity: 462
It is not true that ICO represent scam, just like mining or trading, there will always be some bad element in any financial endeavour or business sector. ICO is one of the best tool for raising funds for cryptocurrency start up and we should not throw the bath water with the baby!
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
ICO era is gone! Stop feeding serial scammers. Stop funding these cash grab nonexistent projects.
The World Do not need new tokens at all. We got enough shitcoin for next 100 years.

Well if there are a real project (With trustworthy Team) which is really willing to distirbute Their tokens! There are Many ways Without Doing ICO!

ICOs should just get funded from VCs and do an airdrop to community.

Most ico can be done open source on github for free.. the greed in creating all of these project is stifling growth. A lot of innovation come from free open source project from passionate developers.

Im 3 years in this field and strictly advice you do not invest in any ico at all.

What Do you think guys ?
I think you are too judgemental! Maybe some ICO's lately are full of scammers and fake start ups. But i still believe that some of them are honest and very useful platforms. Vigilance is the key to identify the shady ICO's out there do some researched before investing and avoid the hiding in the dark ICO's!
Activity: 476
Without ICO projects will not be able to achieve great popularity, + who will consider some project from Taiwan. Everyone wants to see those born in Silicon Valley and nothing else.
Activity: 378
I do not think so.  I think that we will see a lot of great projects that will collect the required amount and bring their contribution to the development!

I guess smart people who choose good projects, don't feed scammers and don't waste their money in vain. For example, ontents protocol UDAP terrawatt are nice and are aimed at the development of the market!
Activity: 887
I think you are wrong. Now the market is falling bu it's only one cycle. Later it should be growth and the volume of ICO market will recover. So the tokens of these projects will rise again.

I also do not agree if we are prohibited from investing in the ICO.
Although there are many ICOs that cheat but that is not all, so there is no harm if we still invest in ICO.

some ICOs failed or just cheats are true, but that doesn't make me think that all ICOs are the same, because actually there are still many projects that are really serious about running the ICO.
Activity: 434
I think you are wrong. Now the market is falling bu it's only one cycle. Later it should be growth and the volume of ICO market will recover. So the tokens of these projects will rise again.

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I think it's wrong to lump all ICOs as controlled by VC or are simply scams.

You need to look deep into the project. Most people just throw ETH into a project because of sheer hype. You need to ask yourself what value it has and IF they actually need a token / blockchain in their business idea, or is it just to raise capital through an ICO.

I do see that a lot of ICOs are starting to fall from 2017 / 2018 for two simple reasons :-

- Their token had no value, once people stopped trading it they simply just bled their ETH reserves, and without having a strong business plan eventually just ran out of capital. I have worked in an ICO and the amount of money that it takes to keep the team, market etc is high, higher than most businesses because when the market was hot, companies could command a large amount as well as not too much choice.

- They held onto ETH as a reserve thinking that it would increase, and sadly the market took a hit. If you had 2,000 ETH back in January it was worth over 2 million, now it is 200k. If they were sitting on that as their runway, it was drastically cut short.
Activity: 185
Merit: 2
I do not think so.  I think that we will see a lot of great projects that will collect the required amount and bring their contribution to the development!
Activity: 1017
Merit: 107
Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card
I do not agree with you, basically the purpose of ico is actually to increase investor funds so that the project can proceed well, with this kind of promotion I do to get side money. if there is no ico, how else can I get money, honestly I myself do not really understand the matter of trade,which I know only in this way.
you should not depend your earning only from ico , moreover ico projects could not give us profit anymore.there is several ways to earn money from this market.
Activity: 686
Scammers have greatly undermined people's trust in the ICO, but if you make an effort, it is easy to recognize scammers.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
I am tired of fraudulent startups and it seems to me that something urgently needs to be done with ettm because people lose their money
Activity: 854
Merit: 12
arcs-chain.com
I also think the whole ICO ecosystem has failed miserably... it is easily abused by scammers, dreamers, crazy people, etc... and in the end it is not needed...
One could argue that there are good projects that arose from ICOs, but these are exceptions that confirm the rule... the vast majority have failed for one of a handfull of reasons ...
How much did Bill Gates gathered to help him develop windows, or Steve Jobs, or the Facebook guy....?
If you need financing to maket a real usefull product that you already can show, I am sure that it will not be hard to get financing and then sell your tokens through an exchange for example...
We need a new model of financing and people need to open their eyes and stop being greedy...they have to think before investing and not the other way around (it is not only ICOs fault that people blindly invest in scams)
Pages:
Jump to: