Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 162. (Read 257603 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
January 22, 2016, 05:30:00 PM
I used to spend it before when there were only few things to buy using it, been saving them and keeping them from few months as a good investment opportunity.

If you do not have use for that, just save it. If you can spend it, then spend some of the coins.

I couldn't agree more with you. Don't spend your bitcoin gratuitously . For better just save bitcoin and wait the price gain up . It's not difficult to only wait wait and wait. And then You can spend your bitcoin freely
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
January 22, 2016, 05:26:15 PM
I actively gamble with my Bitcoin if that counts. Other than that, no.

well, atleast, you use it,  and you didn't just stock it in your wallet. atleast it is moving..  Smiley

Using it to gamble is not necessarily a good thing, it doesn't really help bitcoin. We need more online shops to accept bitcoin, unfortunately it's hard to convince them because of the volatility.

The thing is it is not only the volatility but when they accept it as a payment method it needs to be used, unfortunately many hoard their coins and don't support btc by making purchases so more than anything it needs people who actually want to spend their btc.
Gambling can be a good thing for a bigger market of people buying in but then the coins end up in the hands of a few anyway.
I try to spend as much as I can yes but like many others I don't spend much as there is not much choice and I won't buy just for the sake of it.

The transaction cost has risen quite a lot recently due to the block size limit. It takes long time to confirm, therefore some people do not use it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
January 22, 2016, 03:47:23 PM

well, atleast, you use it,  and you didn't just stock it in your wallet. atleast it is moving..  Smiley

Using it to gamble is not necessarily a good thing, it doesn't really help bitcoin. We need more online shops to accept bitcoin, unfortunately it's hard to convince them because of the volatility.

The thing is it is not only the volatility but when they accept it as a payment method it needs to be used, unfortunately many hoard their coins and don't support btc by making purchases so more than anything it needs people who actually want to spend their btc.
Gambling can be a good thing for a bigger market of people buying in but then the coins end up in the hands of a few anyway.
I try to spend as much as I can yes but like many others I don't spend much as there is not much choice and I won't buy just for the sake of it.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
January 22, 2016, 03:41:33 PM

Try to save some of them do not use all for gamble as it do not bring each time good fortune. Also there are many other ways to invest your bitcoins. I try to save almost all of my bitcoins for my retirement life. Over all, I am not currently actively spending bitcoins.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend saving all your coins for your retirement fund, but if that's what you want to do then it is fine by me.

I just hope you realize a lot can happen over a decade or two, especially in Bitcoin...
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
January 22, 2016, 03:09:20 PM

Try to save some of them do not use all for gamble as it do not bring each time good fortune. Also there are many other ways to invest your bitcoins. I try to save almost all of my bitcoins for my retirement life. Over all, I am not currently actively spending bitcoins.
Activity: 616
January 22, 2016, 05:21:42 AM
I try to spend them for things i need. because the price is very good now.
But I have not found a lot of items i need, so know they are safe in my wallet.

Most of the shops i like also don't accept bitcoin.

But if you check out the bitcoin directories:
http://www.whotakescoin.com
http://www.cryptodir.com
http://usebitcoins.info

You will find many stores who accept bitcoin.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 21, 2016, 06:53:11 PM

well, atleast, you use it,  and you didn't just stock it in your wallet. atleast it is moving..  Smiley

Trading btc in market more better than gambling. try this web for online shopping http://www.overstock.com, http://www.newegg.com/, and this is for womens thing you can find in http://www.showroomprive.com/
Activity: 546
January 21, 2016, 06:14:01 PM
I try to spend them for things i need. because the price is very good now.
But I have not found a lot of items i need, so know they are safe in my wallet.
Activity: 428
January 21, 2016, 01:31:01 PM
I used to spend it before when there were only few things to buy using it, been saving them and keeping them from few months as a good investment opportunity.

If you do not have use for that, just save it. If you can spend it, then spend some of the coins.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
January 21, 2016, 11:45:59 AM

well, atleast, you use it,  and you didn't just stock it in your wallet. atleast it is moving..  Smiley

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 21, 2016, 11:36:49 AM
Activity: 631
January 21, 2016, 08:35:08 AM

Ofcourse it counts, if you are gambling with bitcoins that means you are spending your bitcoins and that is the more important rather then just holding your bitcoins, I am addicted to gambling and I keep on spending my bitcoins on gambling, sometimes I win and sometimes I loose, whenever I win I convert certain amount of bitcoins to my fiat currency and transfer it to my bank account.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 21, 2016, 07:54:19 AM
I am spending BTC alright but of course not on physical items that can be bought with cash or creditcards (also there is a very limited number of them accepting bitcoins), Spending it for most of my online transactions and payments.
Activity: 798
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 21, 2016, 04:08:02 AM

Activity: 469
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 21, 2016, 04:02:24 AM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 21, 2016, 03:37:04 AM
I usually spend my bitcoins in gambling. Always lose and And that makes me sick.

what about stoppind and try to accumulate in other way orspending in a way that get you a discount so you cna spend and earn at the same time? like with purse.io?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 21, 2016, 01:46:51 AM
I spend my bitcoins regularly rather than saving them, I sometimes buy some online goods or items and keep a small amount of it for saving, I think BTC is more of a convenient e-currency particularly for someone who had issues with PayPal allot before.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
January 20, 2016, 11:23:05 PM
I stopped spend my coins because I'm expecting better prices in my long time projects. I'm gonna hold my coins for 6 to 12 months then buy a car. That's my mid-term plan. In long term I want to accumulate more coins, as long as it's enough for my retirement in 20 years.
Activity: 348
January 20, 2016, 11:21:44 PM
I usually spend my bitcoins in gambling. Always lose and And that makes me sick.
Activity: 532
January 20, 2016, 08:40:47 PM
sometimes used to spend the goods, but not very active or frequently,
I usually hold first and then convert it to a fiat money
Jump to: