Author

Topic: Do you believe in ICO Ratings? - page 103. (Read 6918 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
February 03, 2018, 01:07:49 PM

the less popular sites seem to push obscure coins. With ethereum down I dont think its worth buying into ICO's as many have not adjusted their token value.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
Blockchain with solar energy
February 03, 2018, 12:57:15 PM
I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

So let's discuss ICO Rating!

Actually I am not really a fan of ratings specially online ratings which do not present concrete evidence and just shows numbers. Ever since I learned that most online rating blogs and sites are just overrated and sometimes not even credible. I've watch this documentary about how ratings can be easily manipulated or fake and proven it using trip advisors platform as an evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPARIKHbN8
Activity: 812
Merit: 106
February 03, 2018, 12:51:26 PM
I do not believe in ratings because they are always different on different sites, and there were ICO who, with an excellent rating, did not collect anything at all on pre-sales.
Activity: 364
February 03, 2018, 12:43:15 PM
I look at the ICO ratings, but at the same time I myself look at the project, I study the project, I look at the team and other information. After that I decide whether I should participate in this project. You can not rely solely on the rating.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
--=oOo=--
February 03, 2018, 11:44:06 AM
Yes I believe in ICO because most of them are really paying their clients. but we still need to be careful because not all ICOs are trustworthy. You can find out if ICO is good if you see that many are investing in them and many support their project.
Activity: 24
February 03, 2018, 11:39:29 AM
I can not say that I believe in all of them, but one of the main things that can be done to have a more defined definition is to look for an approximate list of 5 rakings and compare them, in this way you can get a better definition about the best of what best.
Activity: 27
February 03, 2018, 11:32:24 AM
yes, i do believe in ICO rating!

Me too 💲
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
February 03, 2018, 11:21:46 AM
I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

for me itself, ico rating is just as a refferer for short detail info about that ICO, high rating ICO at first time is not always a good one, you might found one ICO at first week it got at first page of icobench with a good rating, but eventually if the tokensale are good or even soldout, it rating will keep or even more great than before, but if not its rating will decrease.

instead of just see on ico rating website, i prefer to ask some friend about the ICO
many people believe in ICO but they have to make sure ICO is real and not a scam because some ICO has done a lot of fraud on its users. very difficult to distinguish ico so you have to be careful in choosing it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
February 03, 2018, 11:12:14 AM

Me i believe in a intial coin offering or ico.i been investing ico since 2017 my profit now is huge because of ico.I never doubt ico and he didnt failed me..my best ico return is pincoin... i invest 100$ he return to me 500$... thats my best ico... i hope it will come again...
Activity: 182
February 03, 2018, 11:10:18 AM
Most of these website are getting paid with every post or good reviews they posted,its for the project's hyping promotions so more people will know a lot about this ICO,which is unhealthy they are making up people's mind even the project is trashy,the best way to find great project is to do your own research.
Activity: 62
February 03, 2018, 11:07:18 AM
yes, i do believe in ICO rating!
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
February 03, 2018, 11:06:00 AM
Actually i don't believed in the ICO ratings because i am not that kind of person that just because it says that it is from an expert analyst that is saying that this ICO is good to invest in and it will be a huge ICO, i don't listen to those kind of things because i do my own research and because of that i cannot blame anyone because i do my best for doing research before putting any of my money.
Activity: 225
Merit: 103
February 03, 2018, 11:00:49 AM
Yes, I always watch ICO ratings. These ratings are made by smart people with a lot of experience. They often write about the fact that you need to pay special attention on something and where there can be risks. Of course, the investor makes the decision independently, but such ratings pay attention to fraudulent projects.
Activity: 91
Merit: 2
February 03, 2018, 10:54:53 AM

Generally they provide a  great insight. You can consider it as a general feedback from people also. What i do is i use it as a reference and cross match the reviews of a certain ICO. What you need to remember is to always do your research and read all the essential information about a certain ICO.
Activity: 115
February 03, 2018, 10:47:53 AM
I think this rankings of ICOs is a part of your personal analisys, do you own work
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
February 03, 2018, 10:47:00 AM
ICO rating to my understanding  I will say is listing of ICO's according to their order of magnitude or viability. Yes I do believe in ICO rating using the website although won't go with this alone without further findings.
Activity: 140
Merit: 22
February 03, 2018, 10:29:11 AM
I think that some "experts" are paid in tokens for rating an ICO high, and thereby manipulating the rating higher. Take ICObench for example. A lot of expert opinions are just 5-5-5 with no comment attached. And many opinions with comments attached, are utterly useless.
However, I do use ICObench as a tool. If the ICO is rated high on several sites like ICObench, ICOrating, Hacked etc., and it is backed up by a big community on BCT and Telegram, you can't go totally wrong. On the contrary, if an ICO is rated high on one site, and low - or not rated at all - on the other sites, I pretty much stay away. There is a big chance it is manipulated.
Activity: 392
February 03, 2018, 10:26:36 AM
Yes, I have invested in some ICO's that have high rating in those websites.  And so far i have made profit. Maybe ill just continue this kind of technique for some time.
Activity: 238
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 03, 2018, 10:23:01 AM
I want to, the ICO evaluating the role of the site just to make you more convenient to search the ICO, there is no reference value for these so-called rating, because a lot of website will receive money, then the ICO will have a good score.
legendary
Activity: 1424
Merit: 1008
February 03, 2018, 10:17:00 AM
Yes it's will help to find the good ico to invest the amount in ico because of I am before investing any ico I will check the team and the road map of project and there are some good website to refere before investment in ico I will check the website's.
Jump to: