Author

Topic: Do you believe in ICO Ratings? - page 104. (Read 6918 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 10
February 03, 2018, 10:11:24 AM
I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

So let's discuss ICO Rating!
For me the ICO ratings is useful tool for investors. They will take a look at the rating of a certain ICO but take that as a reference only. Do not use it as a preference of your investment. It is better to have those ratings than nothing at all.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
February 03, 2018, 10:09:30 AM
ICO ratings are mostly incentivized. They pay to get higher rates and its not a sign for me.
Ratings are just traps for new users. There are lots of samples that high rated icos turned to scam.

I'm using ICOdrops to search great ICOs. If the project is on ICOdrops website - i know it's not a scam. Also, i'm using Wings to search for ICOs. Results of their forecasts can give valuable information.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
February 03, 2018, 09:59:43 AM
ICO ratings are mostly incentivized. They pay to get higher rates and its not a sign for me.
Ratings are just traps for new users. There are lots of samples that high rated icos turned to scam.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co
February 03, 2018, 09:58:10 AM
I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

These things are more subjective than objective. To say the truth, I think the ratings are in more ways tilted to who is ready and able to dance to the tune of the highest PRO bidding. Most sites and projects get nice ratings because the devs of those sites secretly bribe their way through or at other times when favouritism is allowed to reign. So, I sincerely don't believe in those skewed ratings.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
February 03, 2018, 09:57:51 AM
I wouldn't define the succes of a project with reaching the hardcap. Look further.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
February 03, 2018, 09:56:30 AM
I don't believe in ICO ratings so much. Most of the times ICO ratings prove opposite. I invest in ICOs with my own judgement. I prefer whitepaper of any project, I see core team members of the project and news about the project. ICO ratings sites don't help a lot in such matters. But I visit these sites to see which ICOs are coming or in progress. But I don't rely on their ratings. I do it my self.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
February 03, 2018, 09:47:57 AM
In my opinion about the project rating plays a role because you have to look at how other people react to it and I believe a little in ratings
Activity: 97
February 03, 2018, 08:15:18 AM
Most of them were paid by the project to review or rate the ICO of a project, which will make people has diminished trust to an ICO. I usually take my personal opinion to an ICO to determine if this project legit or not, rather than believing in ICO ratings.
as far as I know, only posting information is paid, the opinion of experts (on which the assessment depends) is independent. Some resources only independently place the information and in any way it is impossible to make it charge. In such I believe. Among them, for example, Captain Altcoin
legendary
Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001
February 03, 2018, 08:14:15 AM
I don't think they make too much difference. I casually check some of them but don't take it too serious. I usually use those sites to get general information about ICO, I don't care if they give 4 or 5 stars.
Activity: 462
February 03, 2018, 08:09:52 AM
Most of them were paid by the project to review or rate the ICO of a project, which will make people has diminished trust to an ICO. I usually take my personal opinion to an ICO to determine if this project legit or not, rather than believing in ICO ratings.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
February 03, 2018, 08:02:53 AM
For me ICO rating is from a lot of people who already have investments on it which is they support it to become successful.  Or maybe  they are satisfied on it or they trust the dev and the team because of their good work  .
Activity: 22
February 03, 2018, 07:42:06 AM
Always do ur own due diligence.

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
February 03, 2018, 07:39:54 AM
I think it is necessary to take into consideration the ICO ratings, it can do a lot of help. But there can be an opportunity that ICO ratings are made by people who are paid for that. ICO ratings give you general idea, but I believe the best way to understand whether ICO is worthy or not is to do your own independent research.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 03, 2018, 07:20:23 AM
What you need to realised is that most of this ICO rating website are just doing their own job, and mostof them are paid to give some of these ICOs high rating, which to me makes the rating not independent report, they can help you find a project but the decision to invest in those projects still lies with you
Activity: 27
February 03, 2018, 07:06:39 AM
I think we should at least look into this ico rating sites because they filter total scam and we dont waste time, and about rating, just dont trust them, but first filter they are doing fine.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
February 03, 2018, 07:05:18 AM
Those sites are just another source of information.  It should be considered,  but the ratings cannot take any responsibility for your losses.
Activity: 78
February 03, 2018, 06:54:10 AM
Most of people are checking ico ratings as one of their reference on where they will choose to invest, but for me ico ratings is just a guide and I am not really believing on how they rate some icos. But is still depends with the investors how they will believe this ratings.
Indeed I agree. Some of these ratings offer a solid stepping stone but shouldn't necessarily be an ultimate decision to your investment. What I like most is reading about detailed reviews and analysis of the icos and getting that second perspective from the experts. It certainly helps me identify the strengths and weaknesses of the project overall, something that could have taken me longer to do myself. I would say looking at these reviews definitely gives that extra boost.

fyi Crush Crypto and Crypto Briefing are usually my go-to's.  
Activity: 322
February 03, 2018, 06:48:56 AM
When I choose ICO, I usually check its review from ICO rating site. Although some give comprehensive recommendations, I still follow it up with my own research. Some rating sites is backed up by export crypto analyst so I think they have some authority in their reviews. But sometimes you need also to trust your instinct in your investments.
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
February 03, 2018, 06:43:46 AM
I believe with the ICO rating. but I never made that data a reason to invest in a project. for me ICO rating is only for reference when i will choose project.
Activity: 981
Merit: 503
February 03, 2018, 06:30:51 AM

I prefer to use my own head when I'm choosing a place to give my money. But all those ICO monitors are good source of basic information about new projects. Because they don't list many of the garbage in ANN section like pointless airdrops, xBTC clones, etc.
Jump to: