Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe in ICO Ratings? - page 31. (Read 6917 times)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
July 11, 2018, 06:10:23 PM
No, I will never trust the ratings on ICO because many projects with high ratings but failed to do project development even many are involved in fraud because with a high rating so that investors are not suspicious at all, so I have not measured the project by looking at the rating.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
July 11, 2018, 05:47:54 PM
The rating may not always be a true reflection of the project but it at least gives some little information about the project. Besides basing on the ratings by such websites, we also need to do our diligent research before we proceed with whatever we want to do.
Activity: 336
July 11, 2018, 05:39:18 PM
Nothing is 100% right there most ratings might be wrong or might not go as planned. Some ICOs can be rated very high and yet at the end of the tokensale event, there won't be listed on any major exchange or they won't yield any profit.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 500
July 11, 2018, 05:31:03 PM
Honestly believe the ratings, I do not see sense, as there are a lot of projects that have a rating of approximately one level. That is, there is no sense to look at the ICO rating.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
July 11, 2018, 04:03:16 PM
I do not believe the ICO ratings because I myself once worked in such a rating agency, though not in crypto. All these ratings are sold.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
July 11, 2018, 03:05:55 PM
There are times that good projects, yet with good products, but might sell low, just because of poor marketing. We should not always judge from the point of hardcap and softcap. I know of some projects that sold all their tokens, yet they are no more. Should we still call them good projects.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
July 11, 2018, 02:29:57 PM
I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

So let's discuss ICO Rating!
I think that these ratings on the sites are true and fair. Sites with ISO ratings are important to their reputation, as the deception will quickly open.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
July 11, 2018, 02:26:49 PM
As they say - trust, but check. Yes, you can take into account the valuable information of reliable ratings, but in any case you need to be able to independently evaluate the situation.
Activity: 238
July 11, 2018, 02:19:16 PM
I would say I do, but not totally. I say that because whenever I choose projects or ICOs to enroll in for campaigns, I check some sites in order to check how the community views and rates the project. It shows me at least how many seasoned users, which can be a reliable pieces of information to guide with the projects I join. I value the experience of the people there, but I don't totally and immediately believe it. I usually compare and contrast the information I get from one site with another, plus the information I get from this forum and from other sources.
Activity: 196
July 11, 2018, 02:18:10 PM
Actually I do not believe that lot of sites give the correct ratings. There are lot of scam projects which had more than 4/5 ratings in many ICO ratings sites. Most of the times, ICO holding people pay for those sites in and they manipulate the actual results. Therefore I do not believe and do not depend on those information.
Activity: 294
July 11, 2018, 02:11:03 PM
Yes, the ratings can provide useful background information. But in any case, you need to analyze the situation, do not rush to draw quick conclusions.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
July 11, 2018, 01:53:31 PM
As reference of proper pages for people reaching for this effective tokens offerings tend to be cryptocompare and renewed likely technical places.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
July 11, 2018, 01:01:57 PM
Hi, personally, I compare data from various sources. If a particular project has good rating on various web sites, then most likely, such a project deserves to be trusted.
Activity: 532
Merit: 29
July 11, 2018, 12:47:21 PM
ICO rating sites are good option for having information about project. I suggest you always think of your decision, when you follow the ICO project that you can from the ICO rating sites.

There is a key point in investing imo. Do Your Own Research. (DYOR) Read whitepaper, examine social media accounts, look out the team's past works, linkedin accounts etc... Don't trust to any website or person for investing. It doesn't make any sense.
Activity: 162
July 11, 2018, 12:36:09 PM
I trust  most of these ICO rating companies since most of them are really reliable. Although there are not 100% right in their predictions like the author stated in the case of Lalaworld. Most often than not they are right in their predictions despite the few deviations.
Activity: 672
Merit: 140
July 11, 2018, 12:34:11 PM
Actually good question.
From one side we all know that ICO´s pay for project promotion, I sure for many rating agencies and web sites as well.
From other side, at least 2 making independent review and rating. (Won´t tell, not to promote  Wink)
But, I would rather make my own investigation about project before invest.
Activity: 98
July 11, 2018, 12:31:29 PM
I do not often believe in reviews of web sites. The rating of icobench is often very sketchy and reference.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
July 11, 2018, 11:55:29 AM
I'd rather not let myself go for ratings on some websites, because I think they may get paid just for promoting the top ICOs without even checking if the project is a scam.

I do not believe the ratings, as I have seen for a long time in the market and how many ICO with a high rating became a bench or could not realize their idea. Many more investors did not receive their tokens. I determine ICO quality on my own, and I have many criteria for selection.
Activity: 126
July 11, 2018, 11:52:34 AM
I'd rather not let myself go for ratings on some websites, because I think they may get paid just for promoting the top ICOs without even checking if the project is a scam.
Activity: 44
July 11, 2018, 10:00:43 AM
I use Ico rating as a factor to research a project. But i recommend you use your knowledge to do that, give your opinion to decide that ICO is potential or not, and then invest  Grin Be independent, you need it more on this crypto world
Pages:
Jump to: