Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe in ICO Ratings? - page 47. (Read 6918 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
June 26, 2018, 12:24:59 PM
I don't believe in ico rating any more. Many highly rated ico have cheated me, resulting in a huge investment loss.

That's why I only trust my nose and my instincts. If the story and the plan are solid than I invest in ICO. No ratings can persuade me to do something that I don't think it's right.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
June 26, 2018, 09:25:06 AM
I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

So let's discuss ICO Rating!
No! Most of the ICO rating are giving fake information, they are not giving reliable information. If we will make investment with ICOs it is better if will read first their whitepaper for us to easily find out if the project is reliable or not.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
June 26, 2018, 09:22:42 AM
the point is not only listing some ICOs in their website attached with their opinion and rating their provide based on the potential project of ICO. most of ICO using it as their marketing campaign, there is no any guarantee ICO with high rating will succeed or reach hardcap even you can make a deal with them to boost your ICO. i know they have experienced and expert team doing research on every ICO and its potential, but investing on ICO only based on ICO rating will not benefit you as your wish.
Activity: 210
June 26, 2018, 09:20:26 AM
indeed I have faith in ICO evaluations since some of them are extremely useful to us to join or where to join ICOs and furthermore ico appraisals is only a guide but there's one plan of action icodrops.com which ended up being exceptionally solid.
Activity: 159
Merit: 1
June 26, 2018, 09:17:19 AM
yes, some reason yes i do believe in ico rating found in different social medias because in my opinion before the site rates some project they did a research correspond to the projects updates and so upcoming updates within the year, its up to you to believe in the ico rating provided by the site or websites you just need to check the project whether it was true or nor.  
Activity: 72
June 26, 2018, 09:12:25 AM
Can not fully believe in ratings, but they can not without them, because they are a good reference, can be used as a basic reference standard. And referencing multiple rating websites at the same time will make your judgment more accurate.
Activity: 98
June 26, 2018, 09:11:53 AM
I do not believe too much in ICO ratings because their purpose is to promote information and projects.
Activity: 238
June 26, 2018, 09:10:27 AM
Most of them are selling resources that are ready for a small amount of money to place positive information about the project. But among them there are good resources,such as Drops.
Activity: 254
Merit: 18
June 26, 2018, 09:06:04 AM
No, there are many cases in which the rating is good and the ICO turns out to be a disaster or even a scam. Ratings are as good as you own opinion on ICO.
Activity: 154
June 26, 2018, 09:01:01 AM
As I do not have much knowledge about ICO, I have had a little confusion with my friends who know today. They said they thought it was a guarantee that they could pull their Ethereum bottom-base money out to 2x, and ICOs were giving out their bonus extra bonus coins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
June 26, 2018, 08:57:07 AM
Problem with ICO rating sites are they are biased sometimes. For many ICO's with highest ratings, you can probably find some members of the ICO rating site as advisers. Even though ICO raters give an honest review but the token sale shows otherwise is probably because of the hype. I have seen even though the tech/team is great your project needs to be hyped to sold out and give 20x, 30x ROI. So people buy hype, not the technology. That is whats wrong with current ICO's
Activity: 98
June 26, 2018, 08:52:28 AM
yeah, i find my favorite project there - Sonder ICO, it will give me x10 min
Activity: 336
Merit: 20
June 26, 2018, 08:16:16 AM
Several times i trust to web ico ratings, and it turns out ico its fail in some ways. such as one unable to touch softcap. This is what makes bounty hunters and investors who dare to invest a little money in ico feel the loss. do not get too fixated by web ico rating. actually the ico ratings were made only for investor reference only.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
June 26, 2018, 08:11:09 AM
ICO rating shall be only one of methods which you estimate the project. It is impossible to tell based on one judgement  it is the project good or not. Conduct the research, read a white list, check line-up of the team of developers, etc.
Activity: 126
June 26, 2018, 08:01:08 AM
I do not believe in ICO rating and I will choose ICO which I think will have a future in crypto and strong team
Activity: 74
June 26, 2018, 07:59:50 AM
I use ratings ICObench.com I believe that they help to evaluate the project. But for the full confidence it is better to conduct its investigation of the project, and ratings to use only as an aid
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
June 26, 2018, 07:54:55 AM
I do not believe in ratings, however, I use them in finding a new bounty campaign. For example, on Icobench there is a filter that helps sort projects in which there is a bounty. Also I'm looking through the creators' profiles on LinkedIn.
Activity: 672
Merit: 32
June 26, 2018, 07:17:08 AM
I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

Need to know Marketing is the King of Sales. promotion is part of marketing, so if there is a project that doesn't require marketing, promotion, etc. it will be hard to compete with dozens of other ICOs running at that time.
Interest is also not necessarily 100% considering ICO rating, because in fact people noticed only the ICO is being a hot conversation through promotions either from the Bitcointalk forum, social media, blogs, etc.
Activity: 56
June 26, 2018, 06:58:13 AM
I believe that the ICO rating of 80% is paid by someone's interest, since many people are looking at it, so the campaigns are paid to rating sites for good performance.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
The OGz Club
June 26, 2018, 06:52:31 AM

I never trust the rating because it is just a formality, which convinces a good project or not is from reading their whitepapers, because the rating does not affect the sales of a project and in cryptocurrency slalu has surprises and wonders for an ICO project, so all can still happen with any rating owned by a project. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: