Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 19. (Read 4513 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
July 19, 2018, 08:19:27 PM
Not necessarily Initial Coin Offerings that requires the security feature of Know Your Customer but any other potential project like the one pioneered by Vividapp and being managed by one of the most credible people in this forum. Nevertheless having to go through the KYC process should not be a big deal unless you plan on cheating in the campaign which is not good.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
July 19, 2018, 08:14:36 PM
As much as possible I like to stay away from ico's that has kyc policy. I just don't like sharing my personal information and I am scared of doing so. Yes kyc has a good goal and positive side and makes the members of the ico's feel secure but for me I don't really like it.
Activity: 80
July 19, 2018, 08:09:03 PM
I actually don't have any problem on giving that kind of information, as long as the project seems reliable and with a good background.
Activity: 126
Merit: 3
July 19, 2018, 06:31:24 PM
Yes, I am joining the ICO, which requires KYC, because it is considered to be some kind of protection. I do not give KYC when they require my private key from my wallet. I have no trouble giving my KYC to ICO if it is a real project.
copper member
Activity: 392
Merit: 3
July 19, 2018, 06:14:17 PM
When ICO require KYC it's seems normal. And I accept this. But when any airdrop or bounty require this - it's don't look pretty good and I go away from this bounty or airdrop.
Activity: 142
July 19, 2018, 02:14:21 PM
Yes, because there is no other choice. Almost all projects require it now, so if you are interested in any projects, you must be ready to pass KYC.
Activity: 364
July 19, 2018, 01:59:36 PM
I joined the projects that require KYC. I liked the designs, so I was ready to check. If I'm not sure if this is a good idea, and KYS is required, I do not join this project. I always have a choice, and I use it.
Activity: 238
July 19, 2018, 01:56:11 PM
Yeah sure I have join just two ICO that requires KYC, I did it for beetoken though i regretted investing in that coin, also I did it again with sparkster and I due hope I won' t regret doing so again,
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
July 19, 2018, 01:46:38 PM
I think that kyc is a great idea, but the test is not good enough, because people can use other people's documents
that's really true because with the KYC it can complicate who has many accounts, because it will certainly require a lot of documents that will be in the pile
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
July 19, 2018, 01:43:36 PM
I have a high degree of trust for ico platforms that use KYC as they seem to be more credible than those who don't. Besides KYC is very common in most of this upcoming projects as it will ensure that most of the bad eggs in the sectors get flushed out
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
July 19, 2018, 01:41:43 PM
Yes, but you need to choose a bounty manager or bounty platform that you could really trust sending your documents with because it might end up getting your identity stolen. Better check their security papers before trusting them.
Activity: 210
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
July 19, 2018, 01:40:07 PM
Personally,  I detest giving out my personal information.  But sometimes,  the ICO that requires KYC may be the kind of ICO you don't want to miss.  What I  usually do in this kind of situations is to look for similar project that is promising and that is not asking for KYC.  When I find such project, I invest.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
July 19, 2018, 01:36:38 PM
It's at the point where it is hard to find an ICO that doesn't do KYC.
This is problematic for a lot of reasons.

The number one reason is that most ICOs don't need to do KYC because the company is in a country that doesn't have specific regulations regarding that.
Rather, countries like USA, CHINA, and Singapore do have them, but if your company is based in Russia, SEC (US entity) has no authority over you.
It shows that most ICOs have no clue about legal issues.
Either they have no legal team at all or have very poor legal advisors.

The other problem is the kyc process is usually laughably bad.
Send a scan of your passport and voila! You passed.
I have tested it out and there have been 3 icos where I passed kyc with a picture of a passport I got online.
Craziness.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
July 19, 2018, 01:32:34 PM
what can't they do with the documents I gave them? absolutely nothing. for example,you can use your driver's license instead of your license to identify yourself. now no loans and no real estate on you form can not without your participation.
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
July 18, 2018, 06:19:50 AM
I join ICO that requires KYC in the event that I find that it has a promising venture that could give me a major profit for my interest later on. We generally do explore before making an interest in ICO and KYC is dependably a pre-essential at whatever point we join ICO's crowdsale. ICO speculation is dependably a hazard and KYC runs with it. In any case, I am reluctant in joining free airdrops that requires KYC.
Yes, but I will choose to explore the potential and authenticity of the project. It will be selected to participate in the verification of KYC.
Activity: 452
Merit: 7
July 18, 2018, 06:10:03 AM
I think that kyc is a great idea, but the test is not good enough, because people can use other people's documents
Activity: 34
July 18, 2018, 04:53:52 AM
I have even become accustomed to the way that KYC can be asked for ICOs, so I don't generally make it a major issue once more. On the off chance that I am sue I am putting resources into the correct venture and regardless of whether with abundance it requires it, as each and every accessible cash to make this days, I don't keep running from. The most essential thing realizes that you are putting resources into a strong undertaking, and you will have an extraordinary incentive from your interest over the long haul.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
July 17, 2018, 11:34:05 AM
If I consider the ICO to be promising, it is not difficult for me to pass the KYC identification. The truth on my documents I write that this is a sample.
Activity: 115
July 16, 2018, 12:30:17 AM
I join ICO that requires KYC in the event that I find that it has a promising venture that could give me a major profit for my interest later on. We generally do explore before making an interest in ICO and KYC is dependably a pre-essential at whatever point we join ICO's crowdsale. ICO speculation is dependably a hazard and KYC runs with it. In any case, I am reluctant in joining free airdrops that requires KYC.
Activity: 32
July 15, 2018, 01:50:23 PM
I never join ICOs that require KYC because one of the beauty of crypto apart from being decentralised is anonymity.  I believe KYC is against that.
Pages:
Jump to: