Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 2. (Read 4513 times)

Activity: 275
Merit: 14
August 11, 2018, 12:15:55 PM
I wont giveaway my personal data to a shady ICO. Do your own research and only give out your personal information in very rare cases. A few worthless tokens are not worth your identity.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
August 11, 2018, 05:44:28 AM
KYC is certainly not a very pleasant procedure for many participants, but if the project is actually very good and promising, you can not be afraid to undergo this procedure. Our data so in all possible organizations - such is life
Activity: 196
August 11, 2018, 04:56:39 AM
I really do not like it when companies require KYC. I'm always worried about fear, and I do not think that my data is used for scam  purposes. I took part in several of these projects.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
August 11, 2018, 04:55:14 AM
I think KYC is a good thing or I should say it's a good step towards ICO integrity. Yes it's true you have to give your personal information in KYC but it's good for the cryptoeconomy reputation because Cryptocurrency investment has been accused of being money laundering. Never invest in ICOs that are running by unknown personalities. Keep your investment safe and never put all your investment in one ICO unless you have strong believe that it's worth to invest all in one. 
Activity: 286
Merit: 0
August 10, 2018, 03:47:37 PM
This has become a mandatory requirement in most ICOs and therefore you can not escape this process if you are interested in a project
Activity: 224
August 10, 2018, 03:45:43 PM
Yes, I participate in the ICO in which you need KYC. although I do not approve of KYC, more and more projects require KYC
copper member
Activity: 253
Merit: 2
August 10, 2018, 03:43:52 PM
every ico's requires kyc process to determine information such as identity, nationality, source of income and so on, which is needed to become qualified being called an investor.
but for bounty hunters like us, if the project requires kyc process, I dont let myself involve in that kind of campaign.
Yes , i have seen many icos does not allow some countries peoples to participate in some icos like chaina , usa , korea or singapore , maybe the company just want to know nationality and some other minor things.
copper member
August 10, 2018, 03:42:05 PM
If the project is good and the bounty is a little solid then for sure I'm gonna join a bounty that requieres KYC. We will adapt to this no matter what , but KYC is not necesary for bounties in my opinion.
Not necessary , i also dont participate in that ico or bounties but never say there are a lot of cheaters , i am telling that if you can get over it by giving driving licence or similar stuff , no harm in it
Activity: 665
Merit: 114
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 10, 2018, 03:41:26 PM
every ico's requires kyc process to determine information such as identity, nationality, source of income and so on, which is needed to become qualified being called an investor.
but for bounty hunters like us, if the project requires kyc process, I dont let myself involve in that kind of campaign.
copper member
August 10, 2018, 03:39:16 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
Well if you are researching deeply about the project , and find its idea very good , then i think you can join even if it requires kyc. But do a research and if any suspicious activity founded avoid it. I myself had invessted in two icos that requierd kyc , they are all good. And now a days i think most icos requires kyc. But i would avoid to airdrop and bounties that require kyc. Though i think kyc should have be implemented as there a lot of cheater , i even heard one people get airdrop of of certain coin ( ont ) recently , and collected 1000 coins ( ~$5000). I mean if you can pass the kyc by just giving your driver licence or that kind of stuff , there is no harm according to me.
Activity: 333
Merit: 100
August 10, 2018, 03:36:44 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

Yes, i do experienced joining in an ICO that has requirements to fill-up a KYC form. Typically, they would say its for AML (Anti-Money Laundering Act) purposes against fraud and probably its their strategy to catch alternate accounts that might be a part of their bounty campaign.
However, i also read somewhere that this KYC are being used to steal identities of others by Hackers probably for their evil purposes. Unless we remained vigilant and we make sure that the ICO we joined was a legit one then its ok to have a KYC requirements.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
August 10, 2018, 03:28:08 PM
I never join the ICO generosity campaigns if I see the possibility of requiring the passage of a KYC check. It is absolutely not normal if people who do not themselves pass due verification are allowed to confidential information of citizens. Moreover, if the statistics in more than half of the cases, the ICO team itself is fraudulent. The sending of such information to them is also not only very risky, but also an illegal demand for bounty hunters from such teams. We do not need to pass such a test, because we do not invest in ICO projects.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
August 09, 2018, 01:42:12 PM
In ICO, I do not participate, but in bounty campaigns that require KYC, I try not to participate because I can not trust my data to strangers.
Activity: 378
Merit: 109
August 09, 2018, 01:36:59 PM
when I examine ICOs that requirements to confirm my informations, I most likely won't put my cash into it regardless of how great it can be. Loosing data on the web is a difficult issue that more genuine than loosing cash. On the off chance that our informations isn't kept painstakingly, as long as we can remember will be affected gravely by governments and society.
Activity: 126
August 09, 2018, 07:42:32 AM
Yes,this is because it helps in authenticating the whom the participant is, this is as a result of the overbearing number of scammers in the cyber space trying to fraud every little opportunity that comes their way. The know your customer policy requires you to take a selfie of your self along side a valid identification card to prove your true identify in other to enable the server or service providers know whom actually there are contracting with.
Activity: 25
August 09, 2018, 07:29:00 AM
I completely avoid them. That is against the  basic idea against crypto, even the forum does no identification for members.
Activity: 155
August 09, 2018, 06:34:39 AM
Well, i dont see anything wrong with ICOs with KYCs, and i would gladly give the information needed, if at all they are genuine, the problem is that most of these ICOs are not as legit, Making it a problem one can never be sure what their identification documents will end up in the long run
Activity: 84
August 09, 2018, 06:23:56 AM
in my opinion, the project that requires the Kyc procedure is much more promising than the project that does not require Kyc
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
"Venture into Sports"
August 09, 2018, 06:23:52 AM
Hi  there,

For ICO's KYC is a necessity. So I participate in ICO if it requires that. This is a regulatory step they need to apply. This way governments make sure that money laundering is kept at minimum. I think this does not apply to bounties and airdrops since you don't pay for those.

Kind regards,
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
August 09, 2018, 06:16:15 AM
Did it for couple of projects, and maybe couple of more near future.
Pages:
Jump to: