Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 9. (Read 4513 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 0
July 30, 2018, 02:26:22 PM
Personally im always wary of this. I am skeptical about  giving my details out to projects. A lot of identity theft goes on this days and there's a high risk of your data being used for fraudulent purposes
Activity: 756
Merit: 290
July 30, 2018, 02:21:57 PM
i sent my KYC documents to legalize icos, most of neo platform tokens very trustworthy behinds neo council. but other else i did not take a risk to send kyc informations. actually most of ico tokens can easily buying below of ico price after listing exchanges.
Activity: 150
Merit: 11
July 30, 2018, 02:21:40 PM
Any project that requires our identification should be kicked to the curb.   Why they would even think about taking this data from us is cause for concern and shows a high probability of a scam.  If you send in your data for one of these coins I would get a service to protect me from identity theft as you have made a critical mistake in your personal security. 
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
July 30, 2018, 02:19:08 PM
ICOs that do not conduct KYC, can not then listing on a good centralized exchange. Therefore, this condition is necessary for earning money.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
July 30, 2018, 02:17:14 PM
Personally I have decided I will not take part to any initiative which requires a KYC - WTF, why should I have to give our my data to everyone? Sorry, no.
for me first of all very strong arguments are the prospect of the project, and not the provision of personal data. If I'm sure that the ico company will bring me a good profit, I'll risk giving them my personal data.
Activity: 70
Merit: 2
July 30, 2018, 02:09:38 PM
Personally I have decided I will not take part to any initiative which requires a KYC - WTF, why should I have to give our my data to everyone? Sorry, no.
Activity: 392
July 30, 2018, 02:06:39 PM
I think that kyc isn't really necessary in every bounty, because it will need extra time for that, and some bounty hunter can't provide kyc procedure because of the privacy            
Activity: 565
Merit: 268
Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent
July 29, 2018, 04:07:34 PM
It has kind of become an unavoidable situation for ICO investors. This is kind of a frustrating thing as we don't know whether the corresponding ICO is going to scam or not. If that ICO scams then they might as well sell our personal data to crime organisation. This is kind of scary thought!
Activity: 728
July 29, 2018, 04:05:37 PM
I dont join ICO with KYC because dont like to give my personal information to anyone. Also i still think that cryptocurrency has to be anonymous. If project is really good - i will better wait it to hit exchanges and buy.
Activity: 67
July 29, 2018, 03:53:51 PM
The whole KYC thing does look quite comforting for someone looking for a really legit project, I mean, KYC gives the ICO alot of reliability because they want to know with who they are working with.
Activity: 130
July 29, 2018, 03:52:09 PM
Of course because every ICO is different. Although a bit too complicated I still follow it. Because I'm sure that every ICO I choose even with KYC, will definitely succeed in the future.
Activity: 443
Merit: 101
July 29, 2018, 03:51:10 PM
No, I do not take part where KYC is needed. I keep my confidy. And your data in the future can be sold in the dark market. The developers of ico can not give any guarantee that your data will not be received by third parties.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
July 29, 2018, 03:50:33 PM
Yes I do but only for the selected projects. There is no problem in doing KYC of good projects. It always helps to identify the spammers to the project manager.
It seems to me that spammers can buy documents for the transfer of KYC. Therefore, he will not help them in the procodest. And the fact that in a normal project you can easily go through KYC, I agree.
copper member
Activity: 322
July 29, 2018, 03:47:45 PM
Yes I do but only for the selected projects. There is no problem in doing KYC of good projects. It always helps to identify the spammers to the project manager.
Activity: 431
Merit: 102
July 29, 2018, 03:46:52 PM
Yes depends on the ICO and what they do and where they are, likley the background of the staff and the legal framework of the ICO is very important before given KYC Information
Activity: 434
July 29, 2018, 03:46:13 PM
I don't think that's a big deal. Many fear it like the plague but I personally don't understand them and quietly going through this procedure. I do not think that I will hunt due to the fact that I participate in bounty programs
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
July 29, 2018, 03:45:09 PM
Well, if the ico is very good and the team is experienced then of course I will not have difficulty to pass the kyc, even if the bounty as I pass
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
July 29, 2018, 03:43:47 PM
Ok if it's a exchange or a good exchange then only I provide my kyc neither A big no.Same case in icos if the ico is a huge success or I think it gonna be big then only I provide ico.I have no problem with icos cause it's fine for me even I think it's better to have kyc for a ico they can avoid some legal cautions.But now a days the scam rate of icos are many and some of them just not scam you they can sale your personal information.So I think twice before join a ico or a exchange where ico is needed.And providing kyc for a airdrop ,Ok I am not insulating someone but don't be a stupid think man think.
Activity: 211
July 29, 2018, 03:31:43 PM
Yes nowadays most ICO projects use kyc regulations due to legal issues later on. ico project organizers do not want their projects exposed to legal cases after the ico period ends.
Activity: 254
Merit: 18
July 29, 2018, 03:25:23 PM
I do thin a lot about doing so, but it is just one other factor that may end up with me saying no to the ICO as I need to trust them even more than usual.
Pages:
Jump to: