Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 7. (Read 4513 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
August 03, 2018, 07:41:05 AM
I do not want to give my data to anyone , I try not to participate in such projects .
Activity: 1344
Merit: 335
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 03, 2018, 07:25:32 AM
KYC is certainly not a very pleasant procedure for many participants, but if the project is actually very good and promising, you can not be afraid to undergo this procedure. Our data so in all possible organizations - such is life
it just used to if there are any restriction for ico project from base of developer.and to prevent unpredict regulation for goverment.personally i am not afraid with this condition.
Activity: 224
August 03, 2018, 07:18:54 AM
I believe that this check is not so terrible, but on the contrary it is good because it can take a lot of fake people and of course we honest bounty hunters will earn a lot more money!
Activity: 5
August 03, 2018, 07:18:33 AM
Due to regulation in many countries in regards to Anti Money Laundering, a KYC process is mandatory for many ICOs, else they may run into issues of non-compliance. The KYC process need to be performed before anyone is allowed to invest so those from prohibited or sanction countries will be excluded from participation. The same should be apply for bounty participants since they amount of stake they receive can be high, but it's debatable for airdrop participant whether KYC is needed.

I believe the issue is not so much on the KYC given technology has improved to make e-KYC rather seamless, but more on data protection from the personal information collected, especially passport or ID doc images.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp
August 03, 2018, 06:59:23 AM
Unfortunately, some companies announce the passage of KYC in the end, so to get your reward you have to do it!
Activity: 684
Merit: 250
Early Funders Registration: monartis.com
August 03, 2018, 06:55:02 AM
I don't experience yet in participating for the  ICO that requires KYC many says is waisting of time. If any project are promising have potential to run, why should have to go on that procedure it is useless. It is my opinion don't be bother.
Activity: 34
August 02, 2018, 07:08:57 PM
I don't see anything suspicious in it. ICO is required to protect the law of numerous countries. Also, if you join a trusted ICO - nothing will happen with your documents for sure.
Activity: 105
August 02, 2018, 07:07:21 PM
I guess today you don't have any other choice if you want to particiapte in ico. Because almost every project requires it now.
copper member
Activity: 616
August 02, 2018, 05:52:44 PM
KYC means knowing your customer. I join ICO that requires KYC, if the project of the ICO is promising and genuine which could give me a good return in future. I always read whitepaper and checking roadmap of the project before joining in any bounty. If there is requirement of KYC. It's no problem to give my KYC.
copper member
Activity: 210
August 02, 2018, 08:36:59 AM
Yes, i join ICO's that requires KYC, if the project of the ICO impressed me. I am here with my real identity. So how i afraid, i am having my all real documents. So i come through to good project i  definitely participate on it. And accept KYC processor happily.
Activity: 359
Merit: 100
August 02, 2018, 08:23:22 AM
I'm looking for just a good project and an idea behind ICO, and I think it's more important to look at its potential rather than see if it requires KYC or not. At the moment, it's very difficult to find the true projects that are not scam.
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
August 01, 2018, 02:34:11 PM
During this time I participated in projects that require KYC has not encountered a problem, I always put confidence in the projects are able to maintain my personal identity and privacy. Since I have previously reviewed the project, and judged it, when I think the project has good credibility then I will participate in the project.
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn
August 01, 2018, 02:29:44 PM
Well, ICOs with KYC became usual thing, so I don't have another options rather than participate in ICO with KYC. i don't really like it, but I have to do it.
But you know, I use fake documents, that's why I am not afraid data leak
Activity: 196
August 01, 2018, 02:25:54 PM
Yes, I join the ICO which need KYC. though I treat KYC negatively. just more and more projects require KYC and I have to accept their terms.
Activity: 130
August 01, 2018, 02:22:42 PM
I never enter into such projects. For some reasons. The main ones are:

= there are a lot of scams now and this is one of the reasons for delaying the transfer of tokens;

= there were cases when, due to oversight of project managers, these data were published in the public domain;

= the very idea of cryptocurrencies contradicts the identification of people.
Activity: 98
August 01, 2018, 01:40:17 PM
I do join ico that require kyc simply bcos I always believe a project that require kyc must be a legit one. More so bfor I could release my personal information such a project must av been scrutinize by d government and make sure it worth I invested on.
Activity: 599
Merit: 502
Token/ICO management
August 01, 2018, 01:38:10 PM
I try to avoid such bounty campaigns, since I think that for this there are no real reasons. Nevertheless, we must understand that the requirement on KYC can be included to Bounty at any moment.
Activity: 49
August 01, 2018, 01:37:06 PM
I never participate in the ICO, where the rules need to pass KYC.
I don't think the ICO should have my personal data. KYC is not an indicator of ICO success.
Especially now you can buy packages of documents that will be collected in one ICO at the request of KYC.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
August 01, 2018, 01:34:46 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

A very valid doubt there xtin!

I do so selectively. Depending on the manner of KYC that is required (as some does with the deepest details), i participate when i feel the ICO is trustworthy and beneficial. Though of course, none could really tell when our details might be compromised.

I'd say it is always good to exercise protecting one's identity most of the time. Avoid KYCs when possible until unless the project is well established.
Activity: 81
August 01, 2018, 12:29:09 PM
 I believe that now there are very few projects that do not require KYC and in such cases very many people simply can not do anything about this and go through this procedure. But there are other ways it's pools
Pages:
Jump to: