Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 45. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 451
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 11:30:53 AM
KYC is becoming a requirement to ensure prospective investor can legally participate, most of the investor belief in the utility of a new piece of crypto infrastructure to speculation on a coins rising value, so they don't care submit their KYC document, including me , most of the promising project also require KYC, so KYC or money , just choose one ... Cheesy
Activity: 450
Merit: 251
June 09, 2018, 11:25:03 AM
I do not understand the fear of some about the provision of their documents. Why does a project that collects millions of dollars on IRS need your documents? Precisely not in order to sell documents on the black market. They need it in order to show that investors in their project are real people. When listing on the exchange, it is also important to provide a list of investors.
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
June 07, 2018, 09:00:46 AM
Kyc is mandatory in every ico if you really wanna invest in their project as they just obey the law. Though there's some ico that just require kyc if you bought a certain huge amount but if it's not you don't need to. And this is what I always look if I wanna participate as I don't invest that much besides price is always cheaper when it hit exchange sites. So this isn't bother me that much.
Activity: 103
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 07:09:07 AM
Initially I felt uncomfortable releasing my details to these ICOs because we live in a world where it is hard to trust anybody. But for the gain afterwards, I do it sometimes especially after finding out the genuineness of the project. So what I do is to do a background check on the ICO and find out the team members. If I'm convinced , I do it but if I'm not I leave the project no matter how promising
Activity: 473
Merit: 100
June 07, 2018, 06:51:21 AM
In recent times, it is very difficult to find an ico that doesn't require your kYC but I do not have a problem investing in this project as long as it is a genuine one and has the potential to be successful and get listed on the exchange list. I will also join the project as long as I am assured that by giving my KYC, my data will no be exposed.
Activity: 126
June 07, 2018, 06:41:18 AM
no, I do not want to join ICO who need KYC, because I am afraid my data is used for crime like fraud. I always avoid KYC, because in printsipnya crpytocurrency it is anonymous
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Chikuntv
June 07, 2018, 06:38:51 AM
YEah I do. KYC is kinda unavoidable evil. Some people came to protect their privacy and now they should share their data. Its stupid but there is nothing we can do
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
June 07, 2018, 06:38:40 AM
yes I join such companies it is safe and practically does not take a lot of time to pass the verification of problems I do not experience in this
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
June 07, 2018, 06:32:22 AM
I do not see a problem with that. What are you worried about? I will participate in this   ICO.
Activity: 106
June 07, 2018, 06:28:58 AM
Personally I don't think ico are suppose to ask for KYC because one of the beauty of crypto apart from being decentralised is anonymity.  I believe KYC is against that.
Activity: 113
June 07, 2018, 06:25:25 AM
Yes. I don't see much reliable ICOs that don't ask for KYC actually. The main reason it's needed is more to know which country you are from rather than your personal info I think. I've never had problems with it so far but bitcoin is legal in my country so,
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
June 07, 2018, 06:14:08 AM
I never join ICOs that require KYC (know your customer). A lot of other people are also cautious about KYC. There are many instances of data leakages all over the world, so i don't feel it safe.
Activity: 140
June 07, 2018, 06:08:55 AM
I think all of ICO`s that i encounter was requiring to do a KYC ,but be kind of every moves that you take because i read some article and its says that some of company that using kyc to be with.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
June 06, 2018, 02:59:41 PM
It depends of the project, if the ICO project has a great potential , why not?
For now I see almost all ICOs require a KYC, and I think that in the future all the projects will require it.  Wink
Activity: 75
June 06, 2018, 02:56:14 PM
I heartily consider that KYC ain´t a justifiable approach for non-dividend cryptocurrencies. These don´t own the legal support of financial assets and shall not have need of that system.
Activity: 36
June 06, 2018, 02:45:43 PM
Yes, if I believe in the project and I know it's legit, I don't see a problem at all.
Thats how I think too

Also KYC may be mandatory for local regulations so it should be a good sign that the project is serious

A lot of crypto goes on privacy , but to get legitimate I think this is part of the way
Activity: 93
June 06, 2018, 12:54:13 PM
At first i was skeptical to participate bounty with KYC. but on my experience the bounty that has KYC really distribute their rewards. So maybe i will consider joining on the bounty with KYC.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 12:22:48 PM
KYC is almost standard for ICO, very difficult to find another promising ICO without KYC. But that does not prevent for some people who create many accounts to participate in ICO.
Activity: 644
June 06, 2018, 12:16:27 PM
KYC for participants bounty I think this should be careful. That the KYC is typically used for the investors who will buy the token ICO. There are several projects that are taking in return must complete the KYC and to date, the project has not yet been distribute token. And my opinion of KYC better I avoid it because it's too risky.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
June 06, 2018, 12:04:44 PM
When we invest in participating the ICO, it is normal to require the KYC. It is for fulfiling the document of Know Your Costumer. But, for participation in airdrops and bounty, I really don't think so. They are not the parts of costumes. they are part of the team to build the project community and spread all about the ICO project.

You are right, the bounty hunters are not investors and they are workers. KYC is set to find a money laundering. Bounty hunters don't invest any money and they should not be treated with KYC.
This is my opinion and I stand for it. I never participate in campaigns that require KYC.  
Pages:
Jump to: