Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 47. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
June 06, 2018, 07:38:48 AM
I have ever joined it. Now, many ICOs use the KYC and I think it is normal. Just trust them that they can keep our ID secret and don't use it for everything illegal. I have ever submitted to claim my token and then I got it. Just easy to earn the token by sending the KYC. However, what makes us sometimes annoyed is that the announcement of KYC claim is informed immediately after or before the end of the ICO. It is better for us to be announced at first of the ICO or pre-ICO started.

How did you decide that you can trust them? What is giving you the confidence? This is your ID with the names and the DOB that are yours for ever. You are going to exchange it for a couple of tokens for few hindered dollars?
It is up to you of course, but I would advice to stay away of KYC. You never know who do you send your documents and who are going to sell it if they decide to do it.
Activity: 269
Merit: 11
June 06, 2018, 07:35:12 AM
If ICO that I choose to invest requires KYC i joined it, because I choose that one and I don't see scary in KYC, in my country ICO and crypto allowed. I think didnt like KYC only those people who lives in country's that banned  all type of ICO and crypto.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
June 06, 2018, 07:06:14 AM
I think that the KYC does not make any sense. Now there is no problem to buy documents. This makes the KYC incomprehensible.
Personally, I do not participate in the ICO where I require the KYC. I do not want my personal data to become available to scammers in the network.
Activity: 35
June 05, 2018, 11:24:04 PM
Some people set up separate bank accounts just for Crypto and don't link them to their other accounts. Good option except you still need to provide license, or passport or sin. Freaks me out for sure and I would join very few of them after doing a lot of research.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
June 05, 2018, 11:19:23 PM
I have ever joined it. Now, many ICOs use the KYC and I think it is normal. Just trust them that they can keep our ID secret and don't use it for everything illegal. I have ever submitted to claim my token and then I got it. Just easy to earn the token by sending the KYC. However, what makes us sometimes annoyed is that the announcement of KYC claim is informed immediately after or before the end of the ICO. It is better for us to be announced at first of the ICO or pre-ICO started.
Activity: 84
June 05, 2018, 11:12:11 PM
I had joined a bounty that requires KYC and thankfully I have passed the procedure they did it because the company is based in US and they are required to do KYC for bounties because of the law
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
June 05, 2018, 05:53:38 AM
I consider participating in ICOs that require KYC is not safe at all. There is not guarantee that your data will not be leaked and wouldn't go to the wrong hands, so i will certainly avoid these ICOs.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
June 05, 2018, 05:47:07 AM
I dont choose those willingly, but recently many ICOs and Bounties are doing this badass thing. You participate and in the very end they say - KYC needed
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
June 05, 2018, 05:16:25 AM
Sincerely I don't mind at all to do KYC, because I am located in non restricted country. As long as they don't want us to input our private key then I think its not a problem.
Activity: 966
Merit: 100
Harmony for One and All
June 05, 2018, 04:51:43 AM
The fact is now almost no ico which don't ask kyc. So if you want to invest in ico you have to pass kyc. The few ico which don't ask kyc can have problems with legal regulations in future and as result of this their coins price could become zero. It is to risky to invest in such projects.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
June 04, 2018, 11:29:01 PM
the demand for KYC should be mentioned in the rules at the beginning of the program so it becomes fair to us and it does not matter if I join ICO that there is a request to do KYC as long as ICO has a good, successful and trustworthy project
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
June 02, 2018, 11:12:04 PM
The demand from the participants of the ICO generosity campaign from his team to pass the KYC check is illegal. Such a verification is carried out only with respect to investors and mainly with a view to preventing the laundering of dirty money. We do not invest in these projects and therefore should not undergo such verification. In this regard, I never join the signature campaign of the ICO, if, in the conditions of accession, even the possibility of conducting a KYC check is indicated.
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
June 02, 2018, 07:49:16 PM
I think ICOs that require KYC usually want to comply with the rules and regulations of the countries in which they are operating. But to me, i think many investors always want to remain unknown and this sometimes affects the number of investors of those ICOs that require KYC. I for instance would like doing KYC when taking part in an ICO. Sometimes they even reject your KYC.
Activity: 188
June 02, 2018, 07:46:52 PM
KYC for the participants of the ICO generosity campaign is nonsense and stupidity, as well as illegal action on the part of the ICO team. We are not investors and therefore can not pass such a verification, it is illegal. This check is carried out to prevent the laundering of dirty money, and we do not invest in the ICO project. Sometimes it is also said that the US has banned its citizens from participating in ICO companies, and therefore this check is carried out to fulfill the requirements of this country. However, this prohibition is established in order to prevent the participation of citizens in risky investments in ICO projects, that is, this prohibition should again apply only to investors.
I never participate in those ICO projects where the KYC is not excluded.
I havee the same point with you. Money laudering only consider to the investor but not hunter.
Hunter is accepting small amount of payment but why we should do Kyc? Its not reflecting that crypto world is anonymous. But today, tomorrow and the future this anonymous become loss and more and more ico need kyc.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
June 02, 2018, 07:45:57 PM
I know why every ICO requires KYC. Because there are several projects that do ICO that prohibits some countries to participate in it. Therefore they are looking for KYC for a condition that does not violate the prohibited project policy of a country to participate in the ico.
Activity: 22
June 02, 2018, 07:32:18 PM
I probably will not join those ico ever who have KYC requirement due to identity theft. I would probably wait for them to launch on exchange to see their performance and then will do something.
Activity: 728
Merit: 506
June 02, 2018, 07:27:52 PM
While investing in crypto coins, I think that our identity should remain anonymous. So I do not invest in ICOS that require KYC. It does not give me confidence.
Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
June 02, 2018, 07:27:20 PM
Though it is annoyed to pass KYC for bounty reward or joining in ICO,I can pass this via passport and ID card.For passing KYC,you have passport or ID card or driving license.By using one of them,you can pass KYC.
Activity: 406
June 02, 2018, 07:23:27 PM
I don't see anything wrong with such campaign, if only you have what the company or bounty needs than you are good to participate in such bounty campaign.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
June 02, 2018, 07:10:05 PM
I'm not against KYC to join the ICO, but i never gave my data for airdrops and i gave my identity data for some signature campaigns. If the campaign is initially reporting KYC, i be glad.

I am totally against KYC. I see no reason for it. It will make no difference in my opinion.
I don't like the idea to give my personal details to companies that may not be safe.
Pages:
Jump to: