Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 46. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 166
Merit: 15
June 06, 2018, 12:02:44 PM
I do not participate in such ICOs, KYC is simply dangerous for life. Should you share your personal data, including place of residence?
As for me concerns, I don't do that, which I also recommend to you!
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 11:59:40 AM
The KYC procedure pushes me away from the bounty campaigns. I do not consider it safe to send someone my personal data.
Activity: 254
Merit: 110
June 06, 2018, 11:53:00 AM
Its called the global consensus, its needs to be done as the form of our support for anti money laundering and others criminal act using of cryptocurrency. Why afraid?
Activity: 406
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
June 06, 2018, 11:10:19 AM
I don't think I need to look at a lot of professional people. They all said that it is best for ICO not to participate in 2018. The risk is very high. So I don't need to invest in ICO.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
June 06, 2018, 10:52:58 AM
I once joined an ICO that do requires a KYC for every members and so far i haven't had any problems from it unless if you trust the dev and the team of that ICO but these days it's so rare to find a trusted team and you can rarely see them available because most of them are long term development ICO. If you do have problems with the rules you either avoid or ignore it and find a new ICO that don't requires KYC.
Activity: 163
June 06, 2018, 09:27:23 AM
I dont like it but, right now all icos want KYC and we dont have different way to invest to icos. I do it but totally disagree with this, I hope in future they are going to change it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
June 06, 2018, 09:22:36 AM
Today almost every project requires it and if you plan to participate in different ICOs, then there is no other choice.

right, it's becoming the trend. It's not my pleasure to give away personal information, but without it it won't be possible to join bounty campaaigns in very near future anymore
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
June 06, 2018, 09:19:33 AM
When we invest in participating the ICO, it is normal to require the KYC. It is for fulfiling the document of Know Your Costumer. But, for participation in airdrops and bounty, I really don't think so. They are not the parts of costumes. they are part of the team to build the project community and spread all about the ICO project.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
June 06, 2018, 08:47:10 AM
I think it is rather a plus than a minus because it is immediately obvious that people are officially working, and accountable to, someone
Activity: 188
Merit: 1
June 06, 2018, 08:42:06 AM
I do join ICO that requires KYC  but not always because there are still some that does not require KYC. KYC which is Know Your Customers is required for some ICOs due to restrictions in some countries
Activity: 112
June 06, 2018, 08:39:18 AM
I was monitoring some ICO campaign from crowd favorite bounty manager to join my Twitter but when I saw the line "this token is not ERC20 and you need a valid email to send the link for your award...." I check the link but it leads you to the ICO site and you need to fill your KYC, I immediately remove my book marks... Pain in the ass to decide and wait for the ID confirmations... Plus documents... No thanks
Activity: 210
Merit: 2
June 06, 2018, 08:33:15 AM
Most ICO projects use kyc regulations due to legal issues later on. ico project organizers do not want their projects exposed to legal cases after the ico period ends.
Activity: 52
June 06, 2018, 08:29:19 AM
I don't really like to be participating in ico s that requires kyc because since I'm not an investor, i don't see any reason why i should have to go through kyc before i can receive the tokens i worked hard for.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
https://paynote.eu
June 06, 2018, 08:06:39 AM
I participate in the ICO where KYC is needed.
In serious projects it is not possible to invest without a KYC.
At icodrops almost all projects require KYC.
Activity: 431
Merit: 11
June 06, 2018, 07:55:54 AM
I think KYC is good enough to the ICO project if the ICO has a lot potential to be success. But for me its non sense why to do KYC this is stupid thing just stay away from there.
Activity: 127
June 06, 2018, 07:53:43 AM
I also join ICOs which require the KYC inside the ICOs. Because I think it looks better because it requires personal information from people who want to invest.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
June 06, 2018, 07:53:38 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

No, I don't besides there is no guaranty that the project will be long-term some coins are dead in just a matter of months but your information will still circulate online and might end up in the black market, its like selling yourself online in which you have no control.
Activity: 280
June 06, 2018, 07:48:39 AM
Today almost every project requires it and if you plan to participate in different ICOs, then there is no other choice.
Activity: 62
June 06, 2018, 07:39:42 AM
Yes, if I believe in the project and I know it's legit, I don't see a problem at all.
Activity: 574
Merit: 104
June 06, 2018, 07:39:35 AM
I think that the KYC does not make any sense. Now there is no problem to buy documents. This makes the KYC incomprehensible.
Personally, I do not participate in the ICO where I require the KYC. I do not want my personal data to become available to scammers in the network.
I participate in ICO. And I have set of documents for that. And yes, this is not me in reality. Why? Because I think it's so stupid to require docs throw internet. But I give all that team want. Why not
Pages:
Jump to: