Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 11. (Read 4513 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 27, 2018, 05:16:29 AM
Personally, I prefer icos that are kyc compliant as it gives credence to any ICO project.
It helps investors to differentiate between fake and genuine icos.
Activity: 99
July 27, 2018, 05:15:36 AM
To come clean, I don't care for the possibility of KYC. As I would like to think, it damages obscurity. I comprehend that it was made to stay away from utilization of various records and misrepresentation. However, I don't care for the possibility that my own data will be sent to individuals I don't know and they can utilize it as they need.
Activity: 182
July 27, 2018, 05:14:10 AM
All successful IKO need a KYC, it is inevitable!. So I'm not worried about the KYC, I send their documents only in good projects. And I have never encountered ICO scammers.
Activity: 227
Merit: 3
July 27, 2018, 05:14:02 AM
Bounty campaigns should not have KYC because kyc is for costumer """ know your costumer."""  It only means for investors and not for bounty hunters. The simplicity of meaning did not grasp. Bounty hunters did not put money to the project rather they help the project to attract investors. KYC is meaningless for bounty hunters but meaningful for investors.
Activity: 102
July 27, 2018, 05:09:08 AM
The issue of KYC is still tricky. For genuine ICOs, it's fine. But we have to see some fake ICOs too and if such projects ask for KYC, there is a possibility of theft of personal information. KYC should be done with utmost caution.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
July 27, 2018, 04:46:50 AM
Required KYC means there is a big chance for personal information hacking. Many people already lose their money with this kind of scam. Stay away from this kind of the company which required KYC. Though KYC verification is done after the ico project is successful or ends but I think it will be better if you ask those kinds of the company about KYC before making an account.
Activity: 66
July 26, 2018, 03:07:32 PM
I do not see any reason why an investor should be prompt and mandatory to upload the KYC documents before he/she can participate in an ICO. It will be good if the [Suspicious link removed]munity can be against this may be it would be stopped. It does not use to be like that before.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
July 26, 2018, 03:02:41 PM
When I join the project, I start trusting it. If during the time the confidence in the correct choice has remained, the procedure KYC does not bother me, otherwise I leave the project without regret.
Activity: 192
July 26, 2018, 01:14:12 PM
What the problems with KYC? A decent ICO needs to protect themselves against potential regulations and regulators. IF they dont require a KYC I think it's shady and a sign they just let everyone enter.
Activity: 574
July 26, 2018, 01:04:49 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I do, I don't see any problem in KYC specially as a bounty participant because it is basically just like applying for work and most ICOs with KYC symbolizes dedication and well organized project. But still if the rewards and potential for profits are equal between those without KYC then I would certainly choose those with no KYC requirements.
Merit: 1
July 26, 2018, 12:59:24 PM
It is completely against this procedure, so do not participate once again in projects if it is required . I am not attracted to give out your personal data in the same direction - there is no guarantee that they will not take possession of the scammers
Activity: 364
July 26, 2018, 12:48:18 PM
If ICO is really good, if it gives confidence and if it is transparent enough, I mostly join. But many ICOs do not give enough confidence. It seems to be doing ICO to steal information.
Activity: 54
July 26, 2018, 12:47:10 PM
I join ICO's that require KYC because now a days that is the only thing which is keeping the ICO under tighter regulations
Activity: 98
July 26, 2018, 12:44:57 PM
I have participated in an ICO project set up asking KYC, I see these projects have clear roadmap and information. That's what I like.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
July 26, 2018, 11:58:33 AM
i didnt try to join ico that has KYC required. im scared about using and give my personal documents to them. ive read a lot of comments down there, some says that its ok and safe and they protect the documents of their customers information. maybe i should sometime.  
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
July 26, 2018, 11:56:22 AM
I think most of the ICO requires the KYC recently, I would like to track the project team and reading the whitepaper, if I find the project seem promising and will join their TG group and know more about the project, if everything is fine I will provide the KYC and invest it.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187
July 26, 2018, 11:46:22 AM
Lately yes as I more and more ICO's requieres KYC and I have nothing against KYC even if in some cases KYC is not a must. Also I remember some months ago that KYC was not so welcomed into crypto and I was one of those who did not like KYC but as markets progress and projects too KYC has become a necessary system in order for a project to be considered fully legit.
Merit: 1
July 26, 2018, 11:42:14 AM
I do not intend to join icos that require kyc.
Although i have nothing to hide, but i just do not want to give out my data.
No one knows whats going on with the data, whether it's being handled carefully or managed well, or whether it will eventually appear in the darknet.
No thanks.
Activity: 879
Binance #Smart World Global Token
July 26, 2018, 11:31:42 AM
KYC for ico I think it is very nice because we are investing, but if the airdrop ask for KYC it should be questioned, why should they ask for our data? now many people are not careful, they are willing to exchange data themselves with money $ 20
Activity: 372
The Organic Growth Token
July 26, 2018, 11:23:11 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
It won't really be a problem if you are not doing multiple accounts within one bounty project. It would just be hassle sending your informtaions but nothing more. Also, it is the right of the people behind a certain project to put such security to their participants. Therefore, if you know that you are not doing something which is prohibited, there's nothing to be worried about.
Pages:
Jump to: