Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 18. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
We need to take it as a good competition, a good chance to grow more and improve, especially the transaction speed of bitcoin and the payment to transact that untill now now not stable
Activity: 108
I am almost certain that the only two scenarios I can think of in which Bitcoin would be surpassed by altcoins is if either if there is a sudden massive drop in price for BTC below the prices of the alts or if the code is terminated and it disappears completely, otherwise I do not see any other possibilities. But as others have said, it is hard to predict the future.
Activity: 154
The current Altcoins have a long way to go if they can withstand the formidable bitcoin, but perhaps the new Altos can emerge with fascinating potentials that can challenge bitcoin, but until then I doubt that the current can.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
My own opinion is that altcoins will replace bitcoin on the user level. However I think they will never reach its ultimate value. Eventually, after may years bitcoin will end up being some sort of high value collectible, or store of value.

Many altcoin in the market. But their is no chances against bitcoin as the value and price of bitcoin is stable no coin can win from bitcoin. In features it is also different from other crypto currency. In properties it is also different. In people more people use bitcoin. In trust many people trust bitcoin and investment in bitcoin. So in many bitcoin is better. No chances for other altcoin.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Hard to speculate about future. We all can see that bitcoin right now is not exactly the best payment option or a currency.
BTC is better suited to be an safe haven asset, capital investment and long term option for hoarders.
Bitcoin is not doomed yet (Japan adoption!), there is still time to fix scaling problem and reach total dominance over altcoins.
But if the scaling war will continue for extended period of time, it is possible that ETH, LTC or DASH will take over BTC dominance.

When we talk about competition, this pertains on which propaganda is stronger, and which services promises a higher convenience to its users. We can also consider the history of the competitor, to view which alt coin will show the strongest dominance. As for now, almost all arising altcoin is still depending on bitcoin value. Only time will tell if there would be any alt coin that will beat the dominance of bitcoin in digital currency wold.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
I think even though Altcoin has pretty good progress in the Crypto market, but to go beyond bitcoin, maybe this will be difficult because bitcoin is precursor to advancement of Cryptocurrency, the influence and role of bitcoin is certainly enormous in the development of Cryptocurrency so as to attain so high popularity today
Activity: 491
Merit: 105
yes I'm sure someday that there are coins that can replace bitcoin, this is because today many complaints from bitcoin users for example is the transaction fee, currently the cost of bitcoin transactions reaches about $ 30 while the other coins eg Ethererum no more than $ 0.4.
- That day is still quite far away for all of us, although bitcoin has a high fee but the potential and profit that bitcoin brings is so great, everyone complains but they still use bitcoin because bitcoin is the best choice. Until the present time, altcoin can not compare with Bitcoin, Bitcoin is too strong and can hardly be defeated, so I believe bitcoin will dominate for a long time, altcoin need to develop and perfect in the future if want against Bitcoin but the chances are pretty low when bitcoin is constantly evolving over time
I don’t think so that altcoins have high numbers bitcoin is still leading the list and will stay on top because people are fans of bitcoin and are impressed by its profit rates and sooner or later whole world will start using bitcoin and investing in alts is bit good for only small time but bitcoin is long term game and it is for those who want to score big and I think now everyone wants to score big so no chance for alts to come above,
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
The great advantage of bitcoin is being the first coin, it has opened its marked and made a room in it. It´s the coin that it´s being adopted and known by the people. Altcoins have to drive this road too, standing at the shadow of bitcoin. Some are doing well finding its own place like ripple or ethereum. I don´t think, today, an altcoin can replace bitcoin or take its place in the head of crypto but some coins can get a good place by its side.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Funny to ready this topic now that alts have 60% of domination
Activity: 339
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

I don't think so, BTC already wrote his own history by being a father of cryptocurrency, but the possibilities that Altcoins can rise more than the value of BTC is still there. But I don't see any reasons that altcoins can harm BTC's Dignity, BTC may lose its value but it won't affect the fact that BTC was the first decentralized digital currency in the world.
Activity: 210
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

Hundred percentage what you have mentioned is the only fact that altcoins are going to rock and the bitcoin growth is going / will be stuck at any stage so we miners has to consider this issue and future is very risky if it continue.
Activity: 363
Merit: 101

I think there is... in the mere future. The performance and stability of alts have chances against BTC. Many campaigns use alts than BTC, plus alts are becoming more popular these days as well as in mining just like ETH. But not all alts are like that... some excels and some don't.
That's not true, all alts combine are not more popular than bitcoin, you can see that on the trading volume which is the only basis to determine how popular a certain coin is because everything needs to be traded, some bitcoin exceeds 50% dominance over the entire altcoins market and that figure of dominance shows how people are supporting bitcoin and how popular it is.
Ethereum has always been trying to surpass bitcoin and it has many time tried its best. It is treated as rival of bitcoin because of its supporters. Even here on this forum, there are many people who makes threads claiming that bitcoin reign is soon going to over and it would be overtaken by ethereum. What I personally believe is that this coin is not able to even stand next to bitcoin in dreams. No altcoin has this much guts.
Activity: 504
Alt coins can reach bitcoin's heights to success as well. Etherium is on its way, even if the path is long. Litecoins are getting a lot of investors as well as investors as well. So I do think alt coins do have a fighting chance with bitcoins that is a hell of a dreadnaught in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0

Definitely. There are a lot of coins out there that are as equally competitive as bitcoins. It is just that not a lot of people ever try to invest or even read about those alt coins. I guess we can't predict everyone's behavious regarding alt coins. Anyway, alt coins are just as good as bitcoins nowadays.

I do not know if there are really  'a lot of' coins, equally competetive than bitcoin, out there.
At least not coins that are intended to be used as a currency.

What coin is showing a comparable number and value of transactions a day ?

Activity: 112
Yes ofcourse we can see lots of alts have chances against Bitcoins the questions is are they sustain in the floor that's the biggest challenge for every alts which they born and might not live few die in early stage itself. The potential which the altcoin has only can survive and not compete with bitcoin as bitcoin level is gone far away which is not touchable by any altcoin at least for next 10 years.
Activity: 462

Definitely. There are a lot of coins out there that are as equally competitive as bitcoins. It is just that not a lot of people ever try to invest or even read about those alt coins. I guess we can't predict everyone's behavious regarding alt coins. Anyway, alt coins are just as good as bitcoins nowadays.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
Some altcoins are hitting their own all-time highs especially ethereum, ripple and bitcoin cash. They have their own time to rise up and not always during the price downtrend of bitcoin. There is a possibility that one of this altcoins will challenge bitcoin domination in the future. There are some potential altcoins with features that are better than bitcoin.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Some alts have chances against Bitcoins like ETH, LTC and ripple.

other alt will replace paper money.

Currently paper money is the most used anonymous payment method.
Even working without electricity. Not that bad !
Activity: 95
Some alts have chances against Bitcoins like ETH, LTC and ripple.

other alt will replace paper money.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
yes I'm sure someday that there are coins that can replace bitcoin, this is because today many complaints from bitcoin users for example is the transaction fee, currently the cost of bitcoin transactions reaches about $ 30 while the other coins eg Ethererum no more than $ 0.4.
- That day is still quite far away for all of us, although bitcoin has a high fee but the potential and profit that bitcoin brings is so great, everyone complains but they still use bitcoin because bitcoin is the best choice. Until the present time, altcoin can not compare with Bitcoin, Bitcoin is too strong and can hardly be defeated, so I believe bitcoin will dominate for a long time, altcoin need to develop and perfect in the future if want against Bitcoin but the chances are pretty low when bitcoin is constantly evolving over time
Pages:
Jump to: