Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 13. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 12
if you look at current developments, I have not seen any altcoin that I think could be a btc competitor
but if for a very long period I see one very potent coin, that is eth
many believe that eth will be able to defeat bitcoin sometime in the future, I do not know it is just a speculation
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
If you mean that Bitcoin will be replaced by another coin, I highly doubt that. But if you mean that other coins will survive just as Bitcoin in the upcoming years, then that is possible. There are lots of potential tokens we have right now and I believe there will be more improved and more useful tokens that are coming for the future.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
I think there will be multiple coins being used at the same time.Altcoin can stand and be valued high at anytime but it can't  replace or even position on equal with bitcoin.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Every alt have a chance on beating bitcoin it will be depending on how many users they have and how many traders are interested in their coin. But still bitcoin has been around so many infrastructures that it will become a hard to beat.

No, every day there will always be a new altcoin, new releases ICO, and become a new coin
so as long as altcoin is always new, investor interest will be split on one altcoin, so it will be difficult for altcoin to catch up with BTC
Of course, they are created because the developers believe that there is a big market in the crypto where they can fulfill their vision and mission.
Every ICO is an opportunity, you can invest and avail at a low price and sell when the project has already have great achievement because people
will usually see the project when it's already develop and has more chance to be more successful.
Activity: 446
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Every alt have a chance on beating bitcoin it will be depending on how many users they have and how many traders are interested in their coin. But still bitcoin has been around so many infrastructures that it will become a hard to beat.

No, every day there will always be a new altcoin, new releases ICO, and become a new coin
so as long as altcoin is always new, investor interest will be split on one altcoin, so it will be difficult for altcoin to catch up with BTC
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
Activity: 108
Merit: 15
BTC has become an asset and not a currency.

Agreed, it would be nice if it was a currency again  Cry

I here that lightning may fix this and everything will be decentralized still.

I hope so  Cool
Activity: 455
Merit: 106
Of course,  there are also altcoins that have overtaken bitcoin. Not in the value but in the percentage in the market. Mainly altcoins are alternative for bitcoin, so if bitcoin rises people tend to work on alts. So, overall some atlcoins have successfully overtake the bitcoin regarding the marketcap.
Activity: 93
All the other altcoins are losing value expect for ETH now. Litecoin is still the dobble ganger of BTC and always will be seen as just an after thought.
Activity: 11
Yes I can certain altcoins which can challenge bitcoin market dominance, one of them is Ethereum, I think that the current price of bitcoin has its drawbacks, bitcoin should be used as currency, but the current very high transaction fees hinder that to happen, that is why people are turning to coins which offers lower transaction fees, that's ETH comes. BTC has become an asset and not a currency.
The answer is yes, although it is the foundation of all cryptocurrency. It cannot last forever and technology is catching up. Just like an old King replace by the new. Rules are buiid to be break.

I wouldn't say Bitcoin is the foundation, the foundation for erc20 tokens is Ethereum, Bitcoin was the beginning though obviously.
Activity: 131
I am a baby to cryptocurrency~
The answer is yes, although it is the foundation of all cryptocurrency. It cannot last forever and technology is catching up. Just like an old King replace by the new. Rules are buiid to be break.
"Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?"

Yes, in fact they have already over taken Bitcoin, if you check out coinmarketcap.com and look at the top right of the screen you will see the bitcoin dominance percentage, its currently standing at 34.3%

So my highly skilled math shows that alts are now winning with 65.7%

However alts need Bitcoin to do well, so don't slag it off too much like i have just done.  Grin

Activity: 259
Merit: 100
- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"
Ofcourse they have chances , first there are a lot of crypto's doing very different things then btc is doing but using the blockchain technology.
Also bitcoin is far from flawless , and i think there are better solutions then bitcoin at the moment.
The hard thing is to get the adoption of these coins going since bitcoin has the name which gives them the marketing.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Who knows what the future holds, coins like ripple xrp are already half the way through the market cap, if they drop the number of coins it would be easy to beat the price
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
many altcoins have chance against bitcoin in project and whitepaper , but bitcoin still the first crypto currency , and have a unique style in people mind
Simplest way to put it, technologically there are other better coins to invest in to but the size and popularity wise BITCOIN is going to be a big one to even remotely touch
Activity: 396
Merit: 104

It depends I think as you can see eth or the etheruem is rising up it's second to bitcoin , maybe it will maybe not , we don't know actually , as far I know no one can stop the bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 47
I don't think alt coins can stand against bitcoins but since we do not know what the future holds, we may not know if it can surpass or go against btc. Let's wait and be patient maybe in the near future, alt coins may catch up to btc.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Sorry but this answer is both a yes and a no. if certain forces are behind the price of bitcoin crumbling then you can be sure this could happen, but if the forces behind it are the normal forces then you can be sure the alts have a herculean task before them.
Further information and analysis is required to come to  concrete and acceptable position on this.
Activity: 66
Merit: 11
Some altcoin have chances like ethereum. I've been watching its price from last year till now. And it grows so much. If it continues to grow i thinks it has a chance of beating bitcoin. But i don't know when will it happen.
You do realise the only thing that is keeping ETH even “alive” at this point is the fact that it lets all these ICO peeps rich with the easy af to make ERC20 shitcoins
Pages:
Jump to: