Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 31. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Market value of Bitcoin is way higher than the price of altcoin, it won't have a chance to beat Bitcoin  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
There is a tendency that bitcoin is the culmination of the root of a crypto digital tree tree, if bitcoin is replaced and even destroyed, the ecosystem in one tree will vanish from circulation, so my assumption is that bitcoin success will never be replaced by anything because altcoin is also highly dependent on it.
Some try to tackle different aspects of bitcoin in an aproached way. Litecoin has smaller cycles, 2.5 minutes confirmation time on average.
Others try to move coin mixing into the protocoll, DASH for example.
Peercoin seems to be dead by now, they suffered from that Nubits pegging fail. Combined staking and POW mining, something that should get a revival some day.
So far many approaches but no success story.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
It is unlikely that altcoins will exceed the Bitcoins. And if that happens it will be a long time. Altcoins are connected with bitcoins and if the bitcoins increase the Altcoins fall. So I have nothing to lose on Bitcoins because bitcoins are wide and many people use it in their daily lives. They are already using it as payment for their debts and much more.

There is a tendency that bitcoin is the culmination of the root of a crypto digital tree tree, if bitcoin is replaced and even destroyed, the ecosystem in one tree will vanish from circulation, so my assumption is that bitcoin success will never be replaced by anything because altcoin is also highly dependent on it.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
It is unlikely that altcoins will exceed the Bitcoins. And if that happens it will be a long time. Altcoins are connected with bitcoins and if the bitcoins increase the Altcoins fall. So I have nothing to lose on Bitcoins because bitcoins are wide and many people use it in their daily lives. They are already using it as payment for their debts and much more.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
If we're comparing the Bitcoin status to Alternative coins, all other coins are needed to unite together before they can beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin as the king of crypto currencies, Bitcoin as most popular right now, the most widely use and having 118 Billion USD market cap.

Bitcoin are undefeated champion here.

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

I guess that would not be possible because bitcoin is the king of the digital currency altcoin is just an alternative way of multiplying bitcoin.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
There's a lot of altcoin, chances are who will beat bitcoin are in top 10 that's has solid fundamentals and fast transaction, people are investing this coins coz they know that this coin might beat bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 4
Bitcoin's not heading anyplace.  It is the defacto standard.I think there's room for InchaltsInch if they can do something better than bitcoin can, or if they can make a move that bitcoin cannot.The most obvious thing is reduced deal charges for smaller payments.  Bitcoin appears to be quitting that section right now, though it's feasible it could recover it in the future.  Now's the time that the "altInch could gain grip right here.The most exciting new factor, though, and something that bitcoin doesn't really do at all, is sensible agreements.I think Ethereum is the beginning of this, and people who develop it and broaden anything functionality have lots of potential.
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
Altcoins are growing each day, new ones appera all the time and mayn of them hope to be new bitcon. But at this point I can't see how this could be possible. Thre are some worth investing that have certain perspective for the future but I don't believe that any of them will ever achive what bitcoin has and have such value and adoption. So, no, altocins can't beat the bitcoin and can't take its' place in cryptocurrencies world.
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem
It's very risky, invest all your money in bitcoin. In bitcoin you need to invest only the money that you are not afraid to lose, because bitcoin is highly susceptible to fluctuations and very much depends on news and people's trust.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
Freshdice.com
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
At this point, the market value of Bitcoin is way higher than the price of altcoin. So i think, it won't have a chance to beat Bitcoin due to high market demand since Bitcoin has the largest community among any other cryptocurrencies making it the no.1 cryptocurrency for a long period of time.
Activity: 145
BTC has become a digital money and already many people who invest and take to the big advantage almost the same as gold bullion for the best investment tool.
However, for the most part, chances are you will never see a nice pass of Bitcoin to invest
 Smiley
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
There are some alts that has potentials but as of now bitcoin is unbeatable despite of its volatility nature but its still more popular than any coins right now. That's why I can say that alts have no chances against bitcoin as of now.

For me i don't see the current alts have any changes maybe some might come in future with a new or better technology and could give bitcoin a run for its money but for nowe i don't think any of those on the market stand a chance since they are all  bitcoin forks.
Until the last bitcoins is mined from the system, I don't think that any alt coins will have the chance to overtake bitcoin for the time being. But after it happens and the last bitcoin is mined, investors are going to go to a new cryptocurrency that may give them the same or more profits than bitcoins.
Popularity and also knowledge are the factors here for Altcoins to have a chance to beat Bitcoin. Right now the most popular cryptocurrency is Bitcoin, it is so popular that you will know Bitcoin first before even the word cryptocurrency. By the time that people have settled in and know what Bitcoin is they will now stroll on other options such as other Altcoins from which they will now invest with. But with what I am seeing Bitcoin will still be King for many years to go.
Activity: 230
Merit: 22
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
There could be a possibility about this.
But i think it wont happen in the near future.
Bitcoin is just so popular right now that people even refer to cryptocurrency as bitcoin only. Some people even doesnt know what is an altcoin but they do use bitcoin.
Activity: 3
Alternative-cash are able to be higher ranked but can not little bit down Bitcoin from the position. Just like bucks which is generally accepted to buy and sell items within the worldwide market so is Bitcoin a major coin for crypto-deal apart from the alt-coins.
Activity: 420
Merit: 266
I do not think so. Bitcoin is very popular right now. Most people associate crypto currency with bitcoin only. Many alt coins are growing now but not enough. And I do not think that any of alts has a chance to beat bitcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
Bitcoin and altcoin is supposed to go along side with each other. in order to develop its feature and remove the limits bitcoin has to offer innovation shall be made thorough making alt coin. Coin has its own function, it was created for a specific purpose which is basically not to compete with bitcoin.

Its really obvious that altcoin can never instantly reach the Current status of bitcoin, and developer knew it since they started making coin. Alt coin was not intentionally made ti kick out bitcoin but to help advanced and develop its features and function. Altcoin will only be a threat to bitcoin once it reachs the same state of bitcoin. But its way too far from the second established coin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 110
elysian.finance
Maybe,altcoins have chances too but will never defeat bicoin. Based on my observation, bitcoin will last long, as of this time bitcoin is very expensive and yet the demand still increases.
Activity: 405
Merit: 105
Hard to speculate about future. We all can see that bitcoin right now is not exactly the best payment option or a currency.
BTC is better suited to be an safe haven asset, capital investment and long term option for hoarders.
Bitcoin is not doomed yet (Japan adoption!), there is still time to fix scaling problem and reach total dominance over altcoins.
But if the scaling war will continue for extended period of time, it is possible that ETH, LTC or DASH will take over BTC dominance.

I agree, this will be possible to happen if the problem in bitcoin willnnot be solved as soon as possible. It will be a great opprtunity to altcoins to defeat bitcoin. But as what I see now, bitcoin was pretty good and its value was continue increasing. Bitcoin was slowly developing ang growing. And I believe that bitcoin will not let other currency be ahead on it.
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
Nothing is impossible after bitcoin resistance can occur, but personally I think bitcoin will have the ability to survive for the next 100 years and it has been proven that bitcoin has good price strength.
Pages:
Jump to: