Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 34. (Read 51050 times)

legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
I think that alts have a chance against bitcoin but I am sure if it that none of them will be able to surpass bitcoin or make it inconspicuous. Bitcoin will always remain store of value but alts can be used in day to day life like fiat.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I don't think alts can be a better store of value than Bitcoin, but some of them carry very useful properties that can make them a good complement to it.
Activity: 301
Merit: 100
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
I do not think so. Every Altcoin gets its BTC or ETH as its measure of value. So, they always want one of them to develop, which means their money will also grow. However, I have always found that they have a bit of a push for Bitcoin to become the most powerful digital currency, but to do so, they have to go through many difficulties like Bitcoin has experienced.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
My guess is that bitcoin will keep growing and growing and alt coins will follow but at a slower pace, obviously Smiley
Activity: 67
Bitcoin introduced blockchain to the world, but some alt coin are taking that technology to the next level by implementing it in real life problems and solutions other than being fiat currency replacement which drives governments and banks nuts. if bitcoin miners and dev. don't start to work together to improve and build upon bitcoin, we will see some alts taking bitcoin place in the future. 
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
Not yet. Ethereum could try but not so fast... I doubt it can reach the current ridiculous height Bitcoin just attaine. 
Bitcoin is way ahead.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
No, I don't think any of the alternative coins will surpass the bitcoin. Bitcoin became the mother of all crypto currencies and seeing how good the market of bitcoin these days, I can say bitcoin will stay as highly as today.
Your opinion will change after the price of Bitcoin breakdown and the alternative coins increase on the market. Every cryptocurrency has a cycle, so at the moment, we are staying in the bearish cycle of Bitcoin.
Activity: 120
No, I don't think any of the alternative coins will surpass the bitcoin. Bitcoin became the mother of all crypto currencies and seeing how good the market of bitcoin these days, I can say bitcoin will stay as highly as today.
Activity: 28
Alts will guide bitoins quite shortly, BTC will be like gold, alts like fiats.Many alts have big scalability and quickly transaction affirmation, Bitcoin is very steady and protected
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
I don't think so. Bitcoin became too popular to become replaced or obsolete. In needs some upgrades to work fast, though. Some alts offer very interesting functionality and they are faster than Bitcoin but it's your choice to use them. Bitcoin value is guaranteed to stay or grow in the future. All alts are being evaluated in ALT/BTC rate.

Not necessarily based on price and conversion center alone, ethereum now has more value with the implementation of smart contract, so far bitcoin did not release similar innovations and remain trapped in block arrangements and transaction costs, if bitcoin does not respond to innovation. the effect will be bad and the same as nokia which is destroyed by android.
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
My opinion, the simple answer is NO. Like most markets, first to market usually have unrivalled competitive edge.  Think about new adopters, even now they hear about bitcoin, they are not coming into it in droves yet.  If they get their around the idea of bitcoin, having to start looking at or understanding altcoins is another thing entirely so I think bitcoin will always have that edge and advantage over anything coins that comes after it.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
No, Bitcoin still number one when we talk about crypto currencies world. Bitcoin have the highest price and the biggest community and the most powerful potential among crypto currencies. There is some altcoins having good potential like ETH for example, but it is still far from Bitcoin. In fact all the altcoins depend in Bitcoin, and their success is linked to the success of BTC
Activity: 43
Can Google surpass Yahoo? Can Facebook surpass MySpace? Years ago, most people would have said "No".

Bitcoin will be replaced - it's a matter of time. All heroes fall.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
For me when it comes to price, Yes bitcoin cannot be surpassed by any altcoins because most of the altcoins are based on bitcoin. But bitcoin now is surpassed when it comes to functionality. Many altcoins nowadays that can do what bitcoin does plus an extra function for the users. Its just that many people are afraid to try this coins.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
yes. it possible to replace bitcoin.
you know, many altcoin release and have more news good than bitcoin. and you know ethereum, many people have transaction. maybe for now they (altcoin) can replace, but someday they will show their fang
Activity: 18
First mover advantage does not last forever. Where is Motorola in cell phones today?

How long will first mover advantage last in crypto, and why will it last longer or shorter than first mover advantage in other industries?
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
No no chance Because altcoins Depend on bitcoin and most of them take same bitcoin source code

you can’t be success if you do like success man do altcoin must start new way without bitcoin reference

Correct.  All the prices of existing and emerging altcoins are based on the first digital currency, bitcoin.  Bitcoin cannot be surpassed.  It is the original first ever launched crypto.  And I never trusted any digital currency only bitcoin.  It is tested and proven. 
Activity: 58
No no chance Because altcoins Depend on bitcoin and most of them take same bitcoin source code

you can’t be success if you do like success man do altcoin must start new way without bitcoin reference
Activity: 125
Is it better to buy Bitcoin or altcoins in term of profit guys?
Activity: 150
Merit: 110
except of Ethereum they have no chance against bitcoin for me. How could we expect from alts that they have chance against bitcoin even while they couldn't survive in market, becoming a trash and disappear in short time !
Pages:
Jump to: