Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 40. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Its actually challenging to forecast what will come about in the foreseeable future...but if there is one particular thing i can forecast would be that bitcoin is undoubtedly listed here to continue to be. its worth is basically based on scarcity and its title and brand. Nothing new in bitcoin infact it's high transaction payment and time for affirmation helps make it suck. but my prediction is that none will overtake it, but a lot of will come close for illustration ethereum, wave, sprint and maybe some new innovation in the long term. but i would not place all my eggs on bitcoin by itself. its as well dangerous for me.
Activity: 43
In my opinion, I don't think alts have chances against Bitcoins. Bitcoin will stay on top but alts might try to take its place and we really don't know what the future will bring but so far or as of the present it's a no in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
I do not think that they have a chance to beat bitcoin. Bitcoin is the very first crypto currency and it is stronger and more popular than others, in order to win it you need something ingenious.

This is just the fact. Bitcoin is bitcoin, no one can beat him. Some will come close but other will not. This is something that need to be looked very good. Reason is simple no single alt coin will come close to see price of bitcoin in any time, this is why bitcoin will be good and all other will try to somehow get what bitcoin is having, but will they or better can they.

Certainly they will not for me only one coin can be close but only close and that is ETH, but only in market value nothing else.
Activity: 621
Merit: 500
I do not think that they have a chance to beat bitcoin. Bitcoin is the very first crypto currency and it is stronger and more popular than others, in order to win it you need something ingenious.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
I think no one from alts no grow to bitcoin price,excluding some altcoins,like coins which worth more then 1 btc,like pty and other.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 252
I think every cryptocurrency is competing to stand on top just that bitcoin is better Although with the bitcoin problems that occur there are still a lot of loyal but unused users left a bitcoin because of transaction fees
What the hell Grin? Do you know the definition about Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and altcoin??? Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and other cryptocurrency different Bitcoin we call are altcoins. I recommend you should learning and improve your knowledge again!
bitcoin is part of crypto currency and its the first who made a name around the industry and every alts are based with bitcoin value, there's some which trying
to compete and trying to surpass what bitcoin already made but still supports are there and bitcoin still standing at first.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
I think alt not have a chance against bitcoins,  as you have been talk about big businesses moving their fund to alts because they want to make big profit with small amount of money and then after they got their target fund will be converted again to bitcoin no matter how high it's price
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think every cryptocurrency is competing to stand on top just that bitcoin is better Although with the bitcoin problems that occur there are still a lot of loyal but unused users left a bitcoin because of transaction fees
What the hell Grin? Do you know the definition about Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and altcoin??? Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and other cryptocurrency different Bitcoin we call are altcoins. I recommend you should learning and improve your knowledge again!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
It is surely possible. There are lots of alts that are potent enough to surpass bitcoin. BCC is one of the newest alt that is making its name big for a short period of time. There are Monero, Dash, litecoin and ETH that are not new on crypto world that has already big community. So itvis possible that somedsy, an altcoin will rise that will equally compete with Bitcoin. But as of now, we should be grateful on the success of Bitcoin.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Alts will continue to rise yes. I see many alts that will continue to grow larger and larger.

The bitcoin marketcap is only like 45% or 46% of the total market. Bitcoin used to be 90%+ of the market, but with all these different altcoins coming out and new ICOs coming out and many other things, we are seeing the bitcoin dominance go down by a lot.
that my opinion.. bitcoin used to be 90% but now it's only 45% - 46%. sometime it's down to 40%. bitcoin have high price because it is the first crypto currency. many alt coin have more technology than bitcoin. they fast, they low fee. they only need people accept them!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Alts will continue to rise yes. I see many alts that will continue to grow larger and larger.

The bitcoin marketcap is only like 45% or 46% of the total market. Bitcoin used to be 90%+ of the market, but with all these different altcoins coming out and new ICOs coming out and many other things, we are seeing the bitcoin dominance go down by a lot.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
If we compare them now , it is obvious that bitcoins are the best crypto currency and alt coins don't get a stand in front of it. People use bitcoins to buy altcoins , alt coins was started because of the success of bitcoins , it became the first crypto currency to gain value of $4000. Bitcoins have a big community behind them and the users are increasing in numbers ,
But we cannot say about the future , alt coins like ethereum have good potential, it may seem impossible but can happen in future .

That is true that all coin have some potential, problem is for some how to use that potential. Many wont be nothing close to bitcoin price, but some might come close to taking more market cap value like ETH is trying to do. On that point they might overtake, but in looks of price they wont come close, no alt can.

They can only hope to overtake bitcoin in market cap value and that is a big step for almost all of them.

The ETH will reach the present price of bitcoin, but it will not overtake Bitcoin. And we need to wait for many years to see the ETH price is cross $4k. Did you observe how the Bitcoin price will increase like that ETH and other altcoins value also increase. So the meaning is if the Bitcoin lose his value then all altcoins also lose their value. 
legendary
Activity: 1484
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
If we compare them now , it is obvious that bitcoins are the best crypto currency and alt coins don't get a stand in front of it. People use bitcoins to buy altcoins , alt coins was started because of the success of bitcoins , it became the first crypto currency to gain value of $4000. Bitcoins have a big community behind them and the users are increasing in numbers ,
But we cannot say about the future , alt coins like ethereum have good potential, it may seem impossible but can happen in future .

That is true that all coin have some potential, problem is for some how to use that potential. Many wont be nothing close to bitcoin price, but some might come close to taking more market cap value like ETH is trying to do. On that point they might overtake, but in looks of price they wont come close, no alt can.

They can only hope to overtake bitcoin in market cap value and that is big step for almost all of them.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
Yeah, current bitcoin is still number one but the future is unpredictable because the competitor with bitcoin is very much, if Bitcoin does not try to improve and upgrade in the future, the competitors will be defeated and replaced Bitcoin. This is a very fierce market, any time Bitcoin stop development, altcoin will also take advantage of the opportunity against it.

Altcoins have been trying to overtake Bitcoin for a long time now, with varying levels of success (if I am not wrong, Namecoin or NMC was the first altcoin, created on April 2011). Till now, Bitcoin has been able to withhold the challenge from altcoins, but I can't guarantee about the future.

This has been happening for few years now and ETH which is the top of Altcoin is still not worth 1/10 of the Bitcoin price. Even lately BCH / BCC (Bitcoin Cash) which tends to be a strong competitor of BTC (Result from the Hard fork), but yet is fail to give any threat to original bitcoins. All these things make me confident that we may never see any currency which may beat Bitcoins.
Activity: 48
there are good altcoins out there, those saying bitcoin is joining to win are underestimating these coins, even if they will not be the #1 coin but will significantly impact the world of crypto's and altcoins in general. For example: Monero, Ethereum are good choices.
Activity: 11
bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency right now and by far compared to the rest, not merely because the price is higher than the rest, but because of the stability of demand/request as well as the general interest from those not even investing into crypto, Altcoins are still mostly invested in by people aiming to invest and get profit then go out, which isn't a stable platform for a cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
Looking at the value and the demand for the altcoins and bitcoin, ethereum is somehow stronger. It is use in funding ICOs which is giving it a better reputation and a faster increasing value.

In this case ethereum continues to prove itself as a mainstay for new altcoin payments. even eth-based markets have been able to provide an ever-increasing volume, I do not think there are any bitcoin strong competitors other than these coins, but still limited to potential and in long-term goals. Nothing can beat bitcoin any time soon or equalize.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
Looking at the value and the demand for the altcoins and bitcoin, ethereum is somehow stronger. It is use in funding ICOs which is giving it a better reputation and a faster increasing value.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Maybe only some altcoin can show a positive value at this time. One is etherum, etherum is growing very rapidly and successfully to convince investors to use etherum. But it is still very far to compare it with bitcoin, it could be altcoin still takes a long time to be able to compete with bitcoin. Altcoin still has a chance, we have to keep waiting until that time comes.
Pages:
Jump to: