Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 39. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 11
Yes of course, all altcoin compete to be the best everyone makes coins to be number one and want to beat bitcoin, for now it seems hard to beat bitcoin, it takes at least 3 years.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Of course not, you can not compare altcoins to bitcoin, that is insane. Bitcoin has been the first cryptocurrency of all the time, and altcoins are based on bitcoin technology. Maybe bitcoin is a little bit outdated, and that is why altcoins are being so innovative nowadays, but they would never replace bitcoin no matter what.
If i have to be honest, then ethereum is better than bitcoin because of it technology, but it is still the #2 in the list.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Heaps of altcoins are pumping this past handful of days. It is a evidence that electronic cuurency are now little by little being acknowledged around the world. I'm waiting around for a few a lot more days for the cash to dump then I will get tons of it. It is a single of the very best time to spend in altcoins
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

I don't think that any alt can replace bitcoin. Bitcoin has already established it's name. Just imagine how it started, it costs less than a dollar before and now it costs thousands of dollar. There are some altcoins that are worth thousands of dollar but it will not surpass bitcoin. Bitcoin has been the main currency with regards to crypto currency.
Activity: 867
Merit: 522
I will not fight bitcoin because the bitcoin gives me income. how can i fight bitcoin?

I suppose it does not need to fight bitcoin. For development, it just works on the great bitcoin platform, this development is called a parallel development. It is a great way to grow.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE
perhaps a highly probable altcoin and potentially substitute for bitcoin is Etherium, since almost all projects use etherium as its platform

Only if Ethereum solves its scalability problem.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
perhaps a highly probable altcoin and potentially substitute for bitcoin is Etherium, since almost all projects use etherium as its platform
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Yes,they have,have many alts that worth more then 1 bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE
Many altcoins do not compete against Bitcoin.

Bitcoin's current application is store of value.

Ethereum's application is smart contracts or token sales.

NEM is trying to be a currency, not store of value.

Etc.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
In my opinion, I don't think alts have chances against Bitcoins. Bitcoin will stay on top but alts might try to take its place and we really don't know what the future will bring but so far or as of the present it's a no in my opinion.
No I think there is no chance for any alts to take over the place of bitcoin. I also agree with this that bitcoin will remain on top of all the crypto digital currency all the time, because the value of bitcoin is growing more and more with the passage of time. Any other crypto currency has no chance to be number one ever, while there exist bitcoin in the market. People may never accept any other currency to be in use at first place.
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
I don't see the purpose of altcoins being to overtake or "beat" Bitcoin. Bitcoin is king and there really isn't much competition in that regard.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I will not fight bitcoin because the bitcoin gives me income. how can i fight bitcoin?
Activity: 244
I think altcoins doesnt really stand a chance against bitcoin because bitcoin has been already known worldwide and its getting more popular from day to day basis.Bitcoin has already reached far enough to be reached by some other coins.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

Bitcoin have become more of a store of value nowadays than a payment option or currency because of high transaction fees so the possibility of some to shift to altcoins is highly likely. Altcoins have different purposes anyway so the possibility of them rising in their own field is high but its hard to say if it can harm bitcoin's dignity because though bitcoin's transaction fee is high, it still continues to grab the attention of people because of its high price and the volatility of it has attracted traders because of many trading opportunities.

Amen. There are plenty of high cap alts, with much lower prices, that actually have functionality beyond bitcoin, in my opinion. We will not keep this top spot simply because bitcoin was first. That trust will only be extended while people are unfamiliar with blockchains/,cryptos. As soon as folks get used to the technology, we may have some trouble.

It's the price. Fees are related to the price, I don't bitcoin was intended to be this valuable, at least this soon. Either we need to do something programmatically to lower the fees, or this price level is unsustainable Wink
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Age and proven stability is huge in crypto at its young age. So I don't think anything reaches BTC for yeaaaars. But I do think some of them will eventually. But right now, if BTC so much as drops all the altcoins do too. For now they follow the leader. The entire crypto space needs more time.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262

Bitcoin have become more of a store of value nowadays than a payment option or currency because of high transaction fees so the possibility of some to shift to altcoins is highly likely. Altcoins have different purposes anyway so the possibility of them rising in their own field is high but its hard to say if it can harm bitcoin's dignity because though bitcoin's transaction fee is high, it still continues to grab the attention of people because of its high price and the volatility of it has attracted traders because of many trading opportunities.
Activity: 154
The crypto market is still very new! I think anything could happen in the next few years before we etabilish some coins as "mainstream"... Including some coins not even invented yet could take the spotlight, who knows...
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Based on what I have learned,  ethereum is the only altcoin I am sure that has a chance against bitcoin. If ICOs continue as is,  it will not be long until eth will rise maybe even with btc in the long run.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Ofcourse it always has a chance. All cyptocurrency are dependent in the market demand including alts and bitcoin. If there'll be an altcoin which will be more indemand than Bitcoin, it will definitely have a higher market value than Bitcoin. Everything is possible. But as of this moment, Bitcoin is still the no.1 cryptocurrency and maybe it is because of its large community that highly affects its market value.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
The world is not going to easily let a group of a few hundred thousand people control trillions of dollars worth of assets without a fight.

I don't know whether another crypto currency will beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin could adopt new features as they are discovered and maintain overall dominance. However, it looks like altcoins have already beaten Bitcoin in applications, such as asset digitization and exchange, liquidity, identity, marketplaces, etc. I think Bitcoin can fight back and adopt zero knowledge proofs and some other features, but not for everything. Network effects are for specific use cases. Having a critical mass of currency features does not always buy you a critical mass of identity verification or decentralized exchange, for example.

There will always be an incentive to create new currencies and incentives to use them. In a world dominated by a single currency, the incentive to create and use new currencies is extremely strong. Therefore, I think there will be many different currencies in the future, and there won't necessarily be one dominant one.

I think many Bitcoin maximalists are used to living in an oligopoly where regulations kill off competition. I think the world of crypto currencies will be different. Practically anyone will be able to issue a new currency. It's sort of ironic when an anarchist is a Bitcoin maximalist and has faith that Bitcoin will dominate because "maths" or whatever. In a free world, the incentive is for practically everyone to issue a new currency for practically anything, to the point that the high quantity of currencies is somewhat suboptimal for everyone collectively. The assumption in economics heretofore is that of a single currency.
Pages:
Jump to: