Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl? - page 14. (Read 2148 times)

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?
Sell it all as long I do able to make profits then buyback later on when the price tends to dump once again and 50% to BTC and 50% to altcoins. Diversify as you can and buy to those coins
but only to select the potential ones or else you would end up to lose up or waste those profits into shit coins or any other investments. Its up to your actually yet most people do have different way on how to handle our profits.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
If i bought a coin and it makes that much  profit, I will sell 100% and take the money and invest in another coin which the same potential to make the same profit, because if i didn't sell, it might later dip down so bad and it will hurt me.
Activity: 130
Merit: 0
I don't think it's the wise thing to do by taking 100% off neither do you have to keep holding. You can take some profit out for you might not know the next movement of your holdings. If you seel off, you might start seeing upward movement. If you hodl... might be downward movement.
Activity: 98
I do know it is always ideal to take out profit when profit is made due to rise in value of token. I also know greed kills and can reduce your capital to a lower point. But I don't think the best thing to do when in profit is to take out 100%. You can take out the profit or take out some percentage.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
I generally only sell quarter percent or maximum half and keep the rest. I try to get more if it drops. However I've been thinking about changing my strategy and just sell 100% and invest back in when it drops.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
Personally, I sell 85% of my coins that are well-grown in price and 15% left to chance. Suddenly, this coin will grow 100 or more times in a month.

I used to have similar tactics with similar ratio as I used to sell large chunk when the price is at peak but I use to end up with loses for the remaining smaller chunk and this year I will sell off every single coin which I hold during the bullrun.

I have a different tactic. But I mainly deal with investing in ICO, not trading. Usually, I sell half of my coins for x2, thereby ensuring a break-even investment. The rest I leave to future growth. In doing so, I almost always sell all coins for x10 with the hope of buying cheaper after the price drop. Cheesy
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $
here it is necessary to take into account how the market grew, if sharply you can sell everything and re-buy the correction. and if within a few months then it is better to continue to hold.
Activity: 790
Merit: 261
Personally, I sell 85% of my coins that are well-grown in price and 15% left to chance. Suddenly, this coin will grow 100 or more times in a month.

I used to have similar tactics with similar ratio as I used to sell large chunk when the price is at peak but I use to end up with loses for the remaining smaller chunk and this year I will sell off every single coin which I hold during the bullrun.
Activity: 152
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

I agree that the coins Lamden, Ripple and Cardano are superb coins and they are good for profitability,  but you must not sold them altogether. There should be some coins in your wallet so that there is a safe investment.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
For me it depends on the market condition, if the market is in a great bull run, I will sell and take the profit and leave the remaining one, but if the market is not in a bull run, I will sell 100% and wait for dip to re-buy again.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 10
Activity: 149

God! No way man. You cannot sell all of it. Act wisely. You need to hodl for some of the coins at least. The coins like PRG, ADA and EOS are  very good for investments but you must never ever sell these coins all at once.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Of course I will sell them all for a better price. There is no reason why I have to keep it when it is profitable. I will buy back bitcoin when the price goes down. Or buy an altcoin that is not pumped when the bitcoin price goes up
Activity: 1078
Merit: 250
if I personally will sell it 100 percent because it is clear how much profit we will get, even if we save the remaining 25 percent, it is not certain that we will get the profit again.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

We're able to witness bitcoin's all time high at $20,000 so I'll keep on holding. But if it won't be reaching that price again.

$10,000 - $15,000 would be reliable and possible price to reach. I'll hold for a longer time that to regret that I've sold earlier and will buy back at quite higher price when it dips.

This depends on your intuition on where bitcoin is going.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
there are a lot of things to consider it is not as easy as saying yes or not to this question! to put simply it is like this:

for example when it comes to bitcoin i will never sell all of it. i will always have a cold storage containing bitcoin and if i want to sell i would sell a small amount specially during big bubbles. and the rest of the time like the downtimes or the rises i will only hold and buy more.

but when it comes to altcoins the selling depends on when on the pumping cycle we are. for example if there is a 100% pump, if we are on 50% of the way i will sell a big part of that altcoin because i don't know if it actually reaches 100% and then  sell more and more until i dump it all before reaching the top and before the dumping starts.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
-= OI =-
absolutly....100% sell
and i will buy back if prices go down.
If pumping continue, i will analytic with graphic.
Activity: 125
If I buy BTC at 6k, and bitcoin can be up to 8K, then when the market price rises, bitcoin reaches 8K, then I will sell all the bitcoin to earn some money, because you already said 8K is already the highest price of Bitcoin, of course I have to sell it all.
Activity: 107
Me yes i 100% sell all my bitcoin. I didnt hold all my crypto for a long time. Because there time that i didnt konitor them thats why and sometimes i loss the profit. Thats why i decided to my self if the price is good  sell immediately all no hold.
Activity: 295
I do split usually. This is smart managing of your crypto funds. No one knows will the price keep going rising or fall. But in crypto you need to have skill to fix the profit
Pages:
Jump to: