Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl? - page 12. (Read 2148 times)

Activity: 500
Merit: 250
BountyMarketcap
Depending on your needs, if urgent, then you sell it completely. Because you have seen 20% of profits.

if there is no urgent need. You cannot sell it completely, if you have sold a few percent, then you have to buy it again when the price drops as an additional benefit when the price goes up.
Activity: 504
Merit: 115
Silent Reader~
Nope. My tactics are only sold 50%, then I keep 35% the money and use 10% of selling to buy back bitcoin and or altcoins at the last price when I sold them, hold again till the price goes up. And the residual of 5%, I would try to invest in an ICO.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?
Well, it depends. I have a specific amount that I am holding for the long run in my wallet, and a specific amount I use to trade. If the signal is not sound enough to keep being in the market for long positions and warranties me to go short, then I go all short with a stop loss based on my strategy. Usually, I have gained enough confidence to know my strategy works for me 80% of the time, so I can deal with the remaining 20% without stress. It is market, unpredictable, but being a swing trader, I do not stay in a market if there is nothing to stay there for, that is the essence of trading anyway, which is to take advantage of the swings and fluctuations in the market.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

Actually I don't know how to answer that question yet because since I entered this market is almost every time in downtrend, so I think the prices will recover higher than it was during the ICO I would be about to sell.
Activity: 854

maybe the tactics and strategies that you convey are the same as those of other investors, it is impossible to sell everything we have, it will save and hold it back to get a profit later
Activity: 504
Depending on the situation that occurred. What makes the rise was also a thing to at least analyzed. When only small jumps result in going down back then just sell all. but when it's rising will continue then hold some and sell some of it. It is more profitable than having to sell all and see the price keep rising but could not do anything.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
I may sell all my coins when profit is great. I may hold it when the profit is minimal. And I will buy coins when there is potential that it will go up.
Activity: 196
I will sell 100% of my assets when I get 25% -100% profit, then I will wait for Bitcoin to decrease and I will buy more than before, sometimes I think of trying other altcoins, I will not focus too much on Bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
Alphateca.com
personally, I will sell it 50% and I will save 50%. I will save it and wait for the price to be more expensive because we don't know how the market will go in the future. certainly, we must be able to manage our crypto assets well so that we can benefit.
Activity: 686
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

My tactics is simple and same with the others, sell all and start new beginning. Before that I should saving 25% from my profit into currency as back up fund. There's no urgency to sell half or less because profit not happen every day. Take it as step to reach next level from your skill or capital. Just like that and enjoy the profit.
copper member
Activity: 168
Yes I will sell and buy back at dip, I do sell when uptrend and use the whole funds to buy back at bottom to acquire more and can decide to sell some when in need of funds.
Activity: 41

I'll choose option" sell 75% and keep 25% because you can't know the BTC price will continue going up or not.....
Activity: 402
Merit: 19
I usually hold depending on the market situation, but if it really gives me more profit then I can sell some of my crypto
copper member
Activity: 772
Merit: 500
I only sell about 75% on my holdings because with this way i have assurance that i earn with some bounties because who knows. If the coin that i'm holding becomes big in it's price the 25% remaining can give me some additional income and if the price went down. I won't blame myself for not selling because i had sold 75% rather than keeping the entire 100% then the coin is not moving then maybe my work will come to waste. I think we hunters have different strategy on keeping the coins and when to sell.
Activity: 56
yes i will do that. I will sell my profits in anticipation of falling crypto prices like buying back in the event of a decline.
Activity: 265
Merit: 102
OP you can sell if you already earn by that then wait again in drop many users use that strategy like what you think

Better to do buy in gap like 30% every drops because the market is like that and this strategy is the best way to earn

You can use that this in altcoins like eth,ltc and bch i'm sure you will earn big if you have big money for your investment
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
bithostcoin.io
I don't sell all of them I try so sell 30-50% only because you can now gain your profit at 30-50% of it. Then just hold the 50-70% of it then try to buy again and hold it and when it goes up sell another 20-30% of your holdings. But if it goes down very deep sell it 100% but if you want to hold something hold atleast 5-20% of it so you will have a foundation of your holding coin.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
when I have achieved the desired profit, I immediately sell it 100%. because bitcoin continues to fluctuate and the price may go down quite large. to reduce the risk of prices falling back, when the moment has reached profit, I immediately sell everything.
In this way you will be able to enjoy your gained, then buy back again when you see the corrections, it is hard to assess how bitcoin will behave so take every chances that we have in order to maximize profits, but in the other side if you are a long term investor,you can also sell your initial investment and
hold your profits volatility is really huge who knows what will be the next jumped might bring even bigger if you can hold for long term.
Activity: 120
I will sell 50% when the price of the coin reaches my ideal price and continue to wait and see. If there are rumors that when I invest in a cryptocurrency that can rise to $1,000, then I will sell it when it reaches $700. This is a good strategy.
Activity: 602

For me i just sell the half of it and the hodl the ither half for investing other cryptocurrencies. Because bitcoin , that most of us know what it will make when it rises in its value , it can go skyrocketing in an instant and make a bigger profit from it. And investing in other crypto can also gain more profits when their value goes high , and i hodl my earnings until bitcoin rises again in its value.
Pages:
Jump to: