Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 14. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
June 10, 2018, 12:20:57 PM
I'm using MEW for creating offline transactions.
And I think using MEW offline is even safer than hardware wallets...
Activity: 137
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 08:29:43 AM
Yes, im still using MEW even though its been targeted by a attack lately because the platform itself is simple and easy to use that makes it a good wallet just keep your private key offline for security purposes and you are good to go.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
June 10, 2018, 07:52:37 AM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
I still use it until now, Although there was some negative news about it recently, I think it is still the best wallet available. indeed hardware wallets are safer than other mindsets that can be thought of and put the mind of the user at rest, because, he need not be afraid.
Activity: 164
June 10, 2018, 07:10:14 AM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
I am still using MEW. The reason is 1) I am using a hardware wallet (no chance for my private key to be hacked). 2) I am using the legit chrome extension of MEW, which is a offline version of MEW (not affected by the recent hack).

I've been thinking of purchasing a hardware wallet for security reasons too. I didn't know there's a chrome extension of MEW so I'm going to check up on that. It might come pretty handy if ever there's an attack again. Thanks for the info!
Activity: 921
Merit: 10
June 10, 2018, 07:06:26 AM
I still think that MyEtherWallet is a good and reliable wallet. Almost everyone here uses this wallet. If you want to protect yourself - then buy a hardware wallet.
Activity: 322
June 10, 2018, 07:03:19 AM
I still use MEW although with metamask especially. Getting a hardward wallet is top on my agenda this year but for now I have to make do with MEW and pray to my maker that those daring hackers are blinded to it.

Activity: 124
June 10, 2018, 06:56:17 AM
not anymore, mew is not safe anymore and there are a lot of rumours that the company has changed it's hands for another developer, so i prefer to use mycrypto at the moment

Activity: 294
Merit: 1
June 10, 2018, 06:50:04 AM
I do not have  doubts about MEW. Never have problems with it and always have been safe for me. I do my best to keep it that way and be careful where I am going and not to go to duplicate sites. I am very confident in MEW.
Merit: 1
June 10, 2018, 06:49:54 AM
I do not have  doubts about MEW. Never have problems with it and always have been safe for me. I do my best to keep it that way and be careful where I am going and not to go to duplicate sites. I am very confident in MEW.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 10, 2018, 04:23:37 AM
mew is a wallet that is widely recommended by many people and we are also required to have mew when following bounty so I still keep using mew to store my tokens and I hope the future will be safer again
Activity: 135
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
June 10, 2018, 04:20:11 AM
yes of course i still use myetherwallet because for me safe and secure for me best wallet and easy to use
Merit: 11
June 10, 2018, 03:33:41 AM
since I know crypto until now I use mew as wallet to store my tokens, actually I am worried about the number of stolen wallets but I still believe mew is still safe because surely they will also further enhance the security in the future
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
June 10, 2018, 03:32:26 AM
MEW is just like any other online wallet. If you don't take adequate precautions, then your coins can get stolen. If you have $100 or $200 to spare, then it may not be a bad idea to get a hardware wallet (I'd go for Ledger Blue).
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247
June 10, 2018, 03:31:05 AM
Just use MEW with a hardware wallet like a Ledger Nano or Trezor and your private key will never leave these devices!

Keystore file is NOT the recommended method to use MEW!!
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
June 10, 2018, 03:13:09 AM
Myetherwallet is currently the best online wallet and still it is very safe to use, but you have to be careful!
Use hardwarewallet or keystore file with password for login and you will be safe, everytime.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
June 10, 2018, 03:10:41 AM
I still use mew to store the tokens I get because I have no other choice but to mew and some bounty want mew as wallet to receive the prize
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
June 10, 2018, 02:28:19 AM
MEW can be easily be compromised if someone enters to your computer and tries to infect it, even if you have a keylogger in your computer.
be careful guys, it is always better to store your coins offline
indeed myetherwallet or mew still i use, because it is very easy untyk used as wallet and safe,
my suggestion bookmark the mew website to anticipate the scammer
Activity: 210
June 10, 2018, 02:10:39 AM
MEW can be easily be compromised if someone enters to your computer and tries to infect it, even if you have a keylogger in your computer.
be careful guys, it is always better to store your coins offline
Activity: 186
June 09, 2018, 07:55:32 AM
Yes, I am still using MEW. Because it is easy to use, Easy to send and receive. But for my security, I always use Metamask; Without metamask or hardware wallet, I think MEW is not safe anymore. Because we know MEW Got phishing hacked several times. So, I guess for security, everybody should use MEW plus hardware wallet or metamask
Activity: 378
June 09, 2018, 07:53:08 AM
I still use myetherwallet to store my coin assets, but maybe sometimes it makes me hesitate because of nearly bad news about it   
I still use Myetherwallet since this is my first ethereum wallet i used since i joined here in crypto. There are times that i feel hesitant to use it since that news of phishing site broke out but i think there are ways how to make Myetherwallet safe to use and i am still researching on that. Hopefully i could figure it out and share it here.
Pages:
Jump to: