Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 19. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 12:56:51 PM
I still use MEW. But I'm using the security chrome MEW extension, which is a stand-alone version of the MEW. I haven't alternative if I participate in the bounty
Activity: 168
June 07, 2018, 12:55:36 PM
Yes, I personally use MEW and do not feel any danger, but I'm thinking about buying a hardware purse.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
June 07, 2018, 12:52:08 PM
I am still using it, reason being that mycrypto.com which is a direct competitor to MEW is getting too complex for my linking, the good thing about MEW is the simplistic but I will advice people to always use MetaMAsk with it, because MEW is a very vulnerable wallet and alot of people have lost their tokens using it
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
June 07, 2018, 10:49:40 AM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.

You are absolutely right. By connecting to the MEW through a hardware wallet, you can be sure that nothing bad will happen. Moreover, connecting a wallet to MEW does not take much time. Everything is simple and convenient.
Activity: 98
June 07, 2018, 10:25:04 AM
Currently I still use and access MEW because now many ico projects that only support MEW address. If the hacking maybe you can find a security tool that can overcome it.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
June 07, 2018, 10:24:38 AM
I don't think many people will switch to other wallets. I use MeW and I'm not going to change it.
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
June 07, 2018, 10:24:23 AM
Yup i still using MEW
For any options you can use metamask
If you want more safer wallet
You can use ledger or trezor
But it's expensive
Activity: 315
Merit: 11
June 07, 2018, 10:22:21 AM
I use MEW to store tokens. And I hold  Ethereum only on  hardware wallet Ledger. This, in my opinion, is the most reliable option. As far as I know, there was not a single proven hacking of Ledger wallets !
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
June 07, 2018, 10:20:29 AM
I am still using and honestly, it is tough to make a decision initially on which ether wallet to use but when i use it, i find that it is super easy and convenient as well.

You do not have to worry about adding tokens / coins from bounties and such. And it is pretty fast too

I am using MEW in conjunction with Metamask. Works well
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
June 07, 2018, 10:17:32 AM
Of course I always use MEW [Myetherwallet]. Mew is one of the best wallet, with guaranteed transaction speed and security. All tokens with the ethereum or ERC20 platform are there.

Unlike the wallet imtoken, mew has existed since long that provides an advance option in transactions, with this transaction convenience can be obtained. Although there has been an issue about the mew has been hacked, but still mew be one of the best wallet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
June 07, 2018, 10:12:42 AM
Yes from i join in crypto i use MYETHERWALLET until now.  And it is fine to me.  I feel very safe using mew.  which is important when you want to open make sure you are not using public wifi and your computer is not exposed to viruses. I use mew for 3 year and until now im very feel safe it.
Activity: 315
Merit: 103
June 07, 2018, 09:13:44 AM
MEW is one of my favorite wallets, so I continue using it. It is convenient and user friendly.  I suppose there is no real guarantee that other wallets could be safer than MEW.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
June 07, 2018, 09:09:50 AM
It's true this time a lot of news about MEW wallet in the hack, even my friends experience also I feel sorry. Right now I also use MEW wallet, and every day is full of anxiety. In fact I do not know how my MEW wallet is completely safe from hackers.

Me too, not feel safe when using MEW, but try meta mask and dont click to any strange link or download any file that you dont know, dont add strage token coming from airdrop to your wallet, it will reduce risks

Even though it was hacked I still use MEW because is a great powerful tool/online wallet.
Activity: 238
June 07, 2018, 08:50:00 AM
It's true this time a lot of news about MEW wallet in the hack, even my friends experience also I feel sorry. Right now I also use MEW wallet, and every day is full of anxiety. In fact I do not know how my MEW wallet is completely safe from hackers.

Me too, not feel safe when using MEW, but try meta mask and dont click to any strange link or download any file that you dont know, dont add strage token coming from airdrop to your wallet, it will reduce risks
Activity: 238
June 07, 2018, 08:47:57 AM
MEW is still a best choice for me, easy to use, but it seems to be not really safe, many people hacked MEW wallet. I think i should have a offline wallet  Tongue Tongue Tongue
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1
June 07, 2018, 08:45:35 AM
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
June 07, 2018, 08:45:15 AM
Of course, after all, this is quite a convenient, popular and safe tool for your means in trade and storage, exchange. It's easy to use, and it's a good story and there's no reason to throw it.
Activity: 294
June 07, 2018, 08:42:21 AM
Yes, i still use MEW and i have no issue whatsoever with it. Although, i know about the hack, but i always ensure that make use of only the sites in my data base. i also have so many friends who still use MEW and they are still fine with it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
June 07, 2018, 08:42:15 AM
I use MEW and I'm not going to change it.
I was not able to find the purse better than MEW it's perfect for bounty hunters, I don't think many people will switch to other wallets. And as long as I use this I see no problem and thi is safest one. Just make sure you see the address bar green. But I would like to recommend if you had a hardware wallet better use it as your main wallet. Its much better safe when you store your assets on the hardware wallet.
I think that anyone who has more than 2,5K $ on a wallet should spend money on a hardware wallet, since he will be able to keep your money safe.
Activity: 223
June 07, 2018, 08:41:44 AM
 No, I'm not using it anymore since that incident. using hardware wallet is the most secure way, but you have to buy it.
other option is you just need to use some extension wallet like metamask or jaxx on your browser. no require private key being exposed.
Pages:
Jump to: