Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you support direct payment in ETH for bounty? (POLL) - page 4. (Read 2606 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 3
I know a lot of people who are willing to accept ETH as a payment rather than tokens they believe that its more worth than their tokens. I agree for the most part because ETH is a good coin.

If they pay ETH everyone would rush to this bounty and there will be abused things going on.
Activity: 364
Merit: 138
dApps Development Automation Platform
Depends on the project,if the tokens has a lot of potentials to grow i would stick with the tokens but if these arent worthy to hold for long term ,i would stick with the ETH payment for the bounties,because shit projects will always be shitty whatever happens or regardless the time you have waited to hold these shitcoins.

Don't you think it is reasonable, right and useful for improving the ecosystem not to participate in bounty of the shit projects?
Moreover, focusing on supporting only really worthy and useful projects, you will earn as much as supporting shit, which is often scam.
Activity: 442
Merit: 253
I think if all payment in ETH for bounty it's bad decision. Better payment in 50% ETH and 50% tokens
Activity: 756
Merit: 629
I prefer the third option, since the bounty is a good way to "pre-buy" the tokens of the project you like rather than participate in gas wars.
Activity: 635
Merit: 251
I wouldn't be opposed to it, in some cases it's better than some unknown token or coin.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
Hey, guys.
Projects raise millions of dollars in ETH. Participants of the bounty campaigns significantly help them to do this.
Would it be fair if the participants will receive ETH for their work? Or 50 to 50?

Update on Fabruary 5, 2018
To date, we have examples of 3 projects that paid or will pay bounties in ETH (fully or partially) or conducted a poll.

- LiveTREE
- Exchange Union
- GUTS Tickets (upon completion of the bounty campaign, a closed poll was held among the participants, regarding the form of payment. As a result, payments are made in GET tokens. The results of the poll have not been published yet)

p.s. If you know other examples, please share the information here, even if the bounty campaign has already ended;

Yes of course I support direct payment in ETH for bounty. Ethereum is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies. So it is all right that this coin is used in bounties campaigns. I don't see any problems with it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
Hey, guys.
Projects raise millions of dollars in ETH. Participants of the bounty campaigns significantly help them to do this.
Would it be fair if the participants will receive ETH for their work? Or 50 to 50?

Update on Fabruary 5, 2018
To date, we have examples of 3 projects that paid or will pay bounties in ETH (fully or partially) or conducted a poll.

- LiveTREE
- Exchange Union
- GUTS Tickets (upon completion of the bounty campaign, a closed poll was held among the participants, regarding the form of payment. As a result, payments are made in GET tokens. The results of the poll have not been published yet)

p.s. If you know other examples, please share the information here, even if the bounty campaign has already ended;

I think this would not be possible because ICO projects are also promoting the use of their coins. So what will be the use of the project coins if they will pay you in ethereum. If participants get their reward through the project coins, it will be traded in exchanges and the project coin will be alive. Also, it would be better if they will pay us in their own coins because you can hold them and may give you more gain.
Activity: 275
Merit: 11
Depends on the project,if the tokens has a lot of potentials to grow i would stick with the tokens but if these arent worthy to hold for long term ,i would stick with the ETH payment for the bounties,because shit projects will always be shitty whatever happens or regardless the time you have waited to hold these shitcoins.
It seems that it's still important to resume this discussion Roll Eyes
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Yes i would gladly receive payment in ETH. But then again i would like some of the tokens from the bounty itself. I guess there should he an option where you could be payed in ETH or their tokens. I mean the last bounty I've joined was successful and got their tokens. I held the tokens for half a year and it was awesome. Bottom line, yes if it were a choice, i would pick ETH as a mode of payment for bounties. Mode useful and more potential
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
I think that it should be an additional option.  I mean when applying for a bounty,  there should be a check box saying "I want to get paid in eth at the ico rate".  People must have choice,  because some are interested in tokens.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
It would be nice if the generosity campaign participants could choose which payment method they prefer and in what ratio between ethereum and released tokens. Because sometimes when campaign participants receive earned tokens, they have already depreciated in the market and sometimes no longer rise in price. In any case, very long lie on its price day.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
I think dirеct еthеr pаymеnt is gооd fоr thе bоunty huntеr. It will guаrаntее thаt yоu gеt pаid in а spеndаblе currеncy immеdiаtеlly аnd thе trаnsаctiоns will bе smооth bеtwееn cаmpаign mаnаgеr аnd thе pаrticipаnt! аll thе quеstiоn rаisеd/sоmеtimеs unnеccssаry quеstiоns) will bе еrаdicаtеd аnd еvеrybоdy will bе hаppy!
Returning to this thread, I want to report that the other day GUTS Tickets announced the possibility of receiving payment for bounty in ETH, instead of GET tokens.

Hey everyone! If you have participated in GUTS / GET Protocol bounty campaign and would like to recieve Ethereum right away instead of GET tokens from ICO price, contact @kasperkeunen from GUTS team.

That is, participants can choose. I was a participant of this bounty campaign and in response to such a proposal I asked the team about the possibility of choosing a payment of 50\50 for the participants. The team paused for deliberation now. As soon as I receive fresh information - I will write here again.

In any case, this is a good call. As I wrote earlier, I think, that the list of such projects will grow.
I want to note that GUTS is a strong project with already well-working product. It's nice that team make such a step.

Well, probably my request was heard and GUTS team proposed a form for voting like our vote here Smiley
But they expanded the option 50\50, suggesting what percentage of the participant wants to get in ETH and what in GET tokens. Multiply 10%.
Now the participants vote and on the basis of the results of this vote the team will take the final decision regarding the form of payment.
I hope that they will eventually make payments according to the completed forms and will not cancel this offer.
Although, of course, the initiation of such a poll is already a positive sign and it's worthy of respect.

Well, I hasten to inform you that GUTS campaign is completed and distribution are made. As a result, all participants received GET tokens, regardless of their own voting, which I described earlier. The team didn't show the general results of the vote, but judging by this decision, it's likely that the majority wanted a 100% payout in GET token, so probably, in the end, the team decided to make a payment in this form for everyone.
In any case, it's good that team asked the participants.
Although of course, it would also be useful for the crypto community as a whole, to research the results of such a poll.
Maybe I can get this data and I'll publish it here.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
I guess 50% ETH and 50% tokens will be the best scheme. Because right now they pay in ETH only if know that project will have great success and their tokens will grow too much. But when thay have low-quality project with low chances to success they offer tokens only.
Activity: 406
Merit: 131
I think the idea of a reverse buy-back of tokens is a good idea, at least if the campaign prescribes such an opportunity, not an obligation. Thus, and the part of participants who prefer to record earnings, and the one who participates in campaigns with a desire to get tokens of interested ICO without investing money will be satisfied.
Activity: 153
Nice idea to think that the worth of tokens is just from the transaction fees, and it is really hassle to transact from token to eth, then eth to btc. If the payment is just direct to eth, the only transaction will be from eth to btc. It’s also good if it is 50-50, 50% for eth and 50% for tokens, at least if we have something to hold. I’m hoping for the possibility of this idea.
Activity: 210
i know eth price is moving up and getting paid from bouties with eth would be great but actually i prefer getting paid in tokens sometimes the tokens worth may be get higher than eth when you put them all together thats my opinion of course
Activity: 462
Good Morning
The guys idea is good, but controversial because from many companies I leave coins because they are valuable. There are those that I sell right away. And if they pay immediately to ETH, then at what rate will they pay you?
This is the question of what can be sold more expensive, and not immediately when you are given in ETH at the minimum rate.
So think)
Activity: 399
Merit: 16
If I have to speculate as a bounty, I would prefer to be paid by the projects created token.  I know it would be a risk because ETH is a stable token but on the brighter side I could earn more with the project token.  New tokens has the potential to be price value if it has a very good company link, better roadmap and very active managers.  The share value of the created token is much better than the token value of ETH. 
Pages:
Jump to: