Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Altcoins will be a big competitor to Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 1557 times)

Activity: 479
Merit: 100
Do you think, in future, Altcoins will dominate the crypto market? Or will it be a strong competitor to bitcoin?
Well, It might take a long time but In my opinion only ethereum can be considered as a competitor to bitcoin.

oh sweet news are came out from Vitalik. hope we can see increased scalability already in a next year. yeah I agree that ETH is a good competitor, but BTC is still more established as worldwide currency,
I'm sure with more developments owned by Altcoin will be increasingly able to bring great benefits to the Altcoin and was able to make such a powerful Altcoin. so with the presence of these advances is able to make Altcoin as reliable a profitable big competitors to compete with Bitcoin.
Activity: 314
Merit: 10
I don't think one of them would be a big competitor to bitcoin as we can see it would be a hard to some altcoins to make their value to increase in the market with the help of bitcoin. We know that they are all change their value in the market when bitcoin increases his value in the market.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
I believe that within 3 five years, ETH, EOS AND TRX will be competitors of BTC.

Here is my new post about why TRON is a promising cryptocurreny to be invested. Looking forward to hear from you guys!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5060511.20
I love the projects you have mentioned, but you will be living in a big dream to think that this is something that will possibly happen. Whether you like it or not, altcoins will always be altcoins, tomorrow new projects will pop up and then you will easily shift your attention from EOS and TRX, it happens every time and that is one major thing a lot of people are not understanding, which is the fact that the support for bitcoin will always be there as something most investors will trust first before even putting money into any altcoin. So if you think those ones will by any chance over take bitcoin, then you are really living in your own dream world.
Activity: 327
Merit: 101
Firstly I thought that altcoins are more useful, because you may pay with tokens even 1$, when it is hard to do the same with Bitcoin because of its high price.
But it was my mistake. Time has shown that a number of perspective and even valuable tokens dissapered at all while Bitcoin is on the same position - it is first and the most expensive.
copper member
Activity: 164
Merit: 0
Maybe if we add all the altcoins together, they might. But individually, no altcoin is capable of competing with Bitcoin at the moment and in the nearest future, it will be hard.
Activity: 182
Bitcoin dominance in the crypto market almost 51% right now. If bitcoin price will go to the moon again then this dominance percentage may increase! But we have many options in altcoins, and many altcoins are better than bitcoin in several ways! Do you think, in future, Altcoins will dominate the crypto market? Or will it be a strong competitor to bitcoin?

I don't think that's going to happen in the next couple of years. Bitcoin is too popular now and somehow it will be very difficult to surpass it. I am sure that such actions are not needed yet
Activity: 378
Bitcoin dominance in the crypto market almost 51% right now. If bitcoin price will go to the moon again then this dominance percentage may increase! But we have many options in altcoins, and many altcoins are better than bitcoin in several ways! Do you think, in future, Altcoins will dominate the crypto market? Or will it be a strong competitor to bitcoin?

For me altcoin is temporary. So far, no coin has achieved the same success as bitcoin and it does not inspire confidence. I think that you should not exaggerate the possibilities of altcoin
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I think it's all one thing.  they support each other in the market.  Bitcoin is a support for other coins, and Altcoin is a support element (for small tasks)
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
I think that this is impossible, Bitcoin is already 10 years old, and look at the gap at least in the last 5 years, not a single coin could compare with it, on the contrary, all altcoins depend on it. Therefore, Bitcoin will be king for a long time.
Activity: 1258
Merit: 104

the altcoin will not be a competitor of bitcoin, because until now the altcoin has been established because of bitcoin. moreover, many bitcoins already know too. so it's difficult for altcoin to replace bitcoin.
Activity: 854
Merit: 6
I can't argue with the fact that Bitcoin is a leader, that it's the most strongest cryptocurrency, but you also can’t say that all Altcoins are bad. Each high-quality altcoin with a strong team found their place in the market. Bitcoin doesn't have many functions, thats why Altcoins exists.
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
I think altcoins are unlikely to be able to compete with bitcoin. It is as if bronze has become a competitor to gold. Similar concepts, different values. Strictly personal opinion.
Activity: 322
Altcoins can never compete with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the Godfather & Altcoins are just originated from it & even Altcoins value depends on it. Bitcoin is the leader & always remain the leader. Altcoins can only compete in future if some of the coin got good value & has some good back with some real original product.
Activity: 49
Merit: 13
Bitcoin is the King, not so easy to replace.
But for quick gains you should consider Altcoins, but always keep max of your reserve in BTC.
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

I think they won't be a big competitor but a complementary thing. At the same moment I'm not sure that bitcoin dominance will remain more than half of the market. It will be somewhere 30%. Ethereum will grow significantly and so will ERC20 tokens as the result.
Activity: 175
Merit: 1
W12 – Blockchain protocol
I think bitcoin is a good cryptocurrency, but this does not mean that bitcoin will always take first place. At the moment, bitcoin has no competitors who would get close to it, but the technology does not stand still, and it is possible that someday altcoins will overtake bitcoin.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I don't think so because most of the altcoins were basically shit and literally just copy of other crypto currencies so altcoins are not competitior to bitcoin they were neing just enemies to the bitcoin but we knows that bitcoin hold on this bear market but all the other coins were still falling.
copper member
Activity: 266
SYNCHROBIT
One day it would be a great competitor. Bitcoin dominance on the market does not mean a lot to all the crypto investors. The only thing that we all understand is that BTC is not the best and not the most modern coin on the market at the moment.
Activity: 177