Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Altcoins will be a big competitor to Bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 1557 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Bitcoin dominance in the crypto market almost 51% right now. If bitcoin price will go to the moon again then this dominance percentage may increase! But we have many options in altcoins, and many altcoins are better than bitcoin in several ways! Do you think, in future, Altcoins will dominate the crypto market? Or will it be a strong competitor to bitcoin?
I don't think altcoins will become competitor to bitcoin. Bitcoin is like gold and altcoins are like currencies. Gold is good for holding and currencies are used for trading. So instead of becoming competitors, I think altcoins will become bitcoin's partner.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Bitcoin dominance in the crypto market almost 51% right now. If bitcoin price will go to the moon again then this dominance percentage may increase! But we have many options in altcoins, and many altcoins are better than bitcoin in several ways! Do you think, in future, Altcoins will dominate the crypto market? Or will it be a strong competitor to bitcoin?
Altcoins will be a very good competitor to bitcoin and I am sure coins like Power ledger, Cardano and Ripple are going good. The earnings and investments will turn into great profits. So be strong.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500

there are better blockchains other than bitcoin but no one will compete with it think in bitcoin as Gold a storage of value rather than a blockchain
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I doubt very much that altcoins will make the competition of bitcoin. Bitcoin has a long history,a large community, miners, manufacturers of ASICs, it is a large and profitable business.Hardly the balance of power will ever change.And if something bad happens to bitcoin, it can cause a collapse in the entire crypto market.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
I really don't think that Altcoins are anyway near the fame of the bitcoin. Many altcoins claim that they are better than BTC or a good competitor to BTC but none of them actually are.
If any of the altcoins were as good as bitcoin then atleast that particular altcoin's price should be constantly increasing in this bear market. But since bitcoin is down, most of the alts are down with it too.
I think other than ether, none of the altcoins are actually to be considered as competitor to bitcoin.
Activity: 448
in my opinion, they are so competitors only in the price range can not be compared, since there are more important criteria for comparison
Activity: 658
Merit: 5
I think altcoins will be a good competitor
But being a bigger competitor to bitcoin is more of a disrespect

Every one should stay and maintain their lane
Maintain their dominance at their levels

Instead of finding which coin will be a big competitor
Enjoy your trades
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Yes, surely one altcoin will compete with Bitcoin but I don't think we have such altcoin now. As we know that the industry continues to innovate with better blockchain platform that are flexible and better than Bitcoin blockchain, a time is coming when one of them will take over Bitcoin
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
It's hard to chase the Bitcoin dominance for Altcoins. However, there are many Altcoins which could possibly reach near the market cap of Bitcoin in future. As we seen rapid growth in Ripple (XRP), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Verge (XVG) in Q4-2017. Most people are aware and already familiar with Bitcoin which is first and biggest cryptocurrency till date. Altcoin can be a competitor of Bitcoin but it's difficult for them to dominate the Bitcoin in near future.
Activity: 753
Merit: 100
Competition in the market is good. Each coin has advantages, disadvantages, technologies, and each of them takes its place in the market of crypto-currencies. At the moment, I can not believe that some kind of coin may take the place of Bitcoin, but in the future the situation may change.
Activity: 143
I think there are decent altcoins that can compete with bitcoin. But at the moment Bitcoin is the leader and it will remain for a long time.
Activity: 140
No single Altcoin will become such a leader as Bitcoin is. Bitcoin leads the entire crypto market. Unfortunately, 2018 is not so good. There is no less money in the world, just Bitcoins moved from one wallet to another wallet. The situation in 2019 may change and Bitcoin will lead the crypto market back to 20,000.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is currently the market leader in electronic money. But that does not mean that in the future no currency can beat bitcoin. The altcoin is also very good maybe it will pass bitcoin. I just need a penny and I have to make a profit and I invest.
Activity: 174
The World’s First Blockchain Core

Yes definetly i am thinking about that. Btc is 10 years old and because of that surely the most strongest coin in crypto space. But lets think about 2028. I believe in that time there will be too many strong and huge marketcap altcoins like btc and also their price will determine the market situation. YOu know now only market is moving according to btc 's price. but i think it will change in the future.  We will have some big coins like btc. Eth can be one of them . Maybe eth can be biggest coin in crypto market. but we need to time for that.
Activity: 293
They are not going to be a competitor rather they are just going to exist side by side with bitcoin. There is no way that bitcoin will be able to service the entire world as the only cryptocurrencies and that is why altcoins are very important in the market. we just need all of the scam altcoins to die out. When the price of bitcoin moons, the altcoins will moon too
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
It does not yet look like there is any altcoin that can compete favourably with bitcoin. Bitcoin is still taking the lead and if any altcoin is going to be able compete satisfactorily, it might not be now.
The only altcoin that was thought could compete with btc was ethereum,but presently, it does not satisfy any condition to consider it qualified, until it is able to rise again.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 12
I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum
of course yes, because there are no more competitors for Bitcoin and only altcoins that can compete with Bitcoin, so it makes Altcoin the biggest competitor of Bitcoin and I'm sure that someday Altcoin will beat and replace Bitcoin, because I don't think Bitcoin will forever be the king of cryptocurrency and sooner or later Altcoin will definitely be able to replace Bitcoin to become the king of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
Altcoins were originally made and deployed to perform tasks that BTC just cannot do. Altcoins aren't so much of competitors to Bitcoin as they are like extra hands or vectors connected to BTC itself. They come and help BTC where it falls short.

Altcoins offer speed, almost total anonymity, ease of use and real life application, Bitcoin in the other hand connects them all and enables to trade between them - a connecting link.
Activity: 402
There are many coins that are already better than bitcoin, even the ones lower down in the listings below 100 on the coinmarketcap listings. However, they cannot match the bitcoin brand and that is why it is dominating above all the other coins
Activity: 350
💲
Yes indeed do think that altcoins will be a strong and solid competitor to bitcoin dominance. Well I must add that I think that only SOME altcoins will be a menace to bitcoin. There are new coins that are safer, faster, with lower fees (some even feeless) and some have far better privacy protecting technology. So, why wouldn't some of these coin grow bigger and bigger as time passes by? I think they will grow as big as to really be a competitor to bitcoin in worldwide acceptance
Pages:
Jump to: