Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you Think we Are alone in the Universe? - page 23. (Read 47373 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
The host was researching this for his whole life, and the whole point of the lecture was that there never was a single case of confirmed contact.

What host?
If you stay locked at your tiny room and never go out, from your perspective you'll be the only living thing in the universe. Don't you get it, we didn't even explore our own solar system. The universe is so big that there is no chance that we're alone.
Activity: 152
I think the free waves are life, the planets are life too.
Activity: 1
Moest ook meteen aan quotes van Stephen Hawking denken:
''We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet.''

Ik denk overigens dat we niet alleen zijn, maar dat ze wel enorm ver weg zijn.  Smiley
Activity: 15
I think we are not. Really, would be interesting to meet them sometime. But for now, we are too far from this point, I guess.
Activity: 56
A great question, and there is a great book, if I'm not mistaken, by Hawking, who describes the possibilities, and they are very limited and could be considered nonexistent.
I used to be a believer in the aliens, but my mind changed after a lecture in the local planetarium. The host was researching this for his whole life, and the whole point of the lecture was that there never was a single case of confirmed contact. Plus, the distance is so vast that there is literally no chance of encountering anyone from other planets, in our lifetimes and in the lifetimes of many generations to come.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
No, I do not think we are alone in the universe. I do not think those of us who live on Earth are only ones in the universe. Surely there are other entities in the outer space. Or perhaps other universes. Maybe there is even a virtual world entirely separate our world, coexisting with us. The possibilities are endless!
Activity: 69
I believe we are not alone in this universe because the universe is so vast there must be a life out there waiting to be found,I hope in the future we can find life on another planet
Activity: 112
Yeah, i am sure of it.

There are many posts like this one and I just don't understand how can you be so sure of it?
We haven't even explored our solar system and you're being "sure" of anything?
Come on people, we being alone just isn't probable.
Activity: 74
Yeah, i am sure of it.
Activity: 152
Do you like the science fiction movie interstellar? I like it.
Activity: 15
it is a question that people still argue on,
I believe that we are not alone in the universe but I still am interested in hearing others opinion on this.

we are clearly alone in the universe, plus to that also under the dome, the earth is flat
WE cant be ,cause what about the sightings?
Activity: 42
There is always possibilities of it .  
science says differently . so ill go with aliens.
well i am a skeptic. so no to that.
i dont know . would love to meet some aliens.
i dont think we are alone.
Well im a religious person . i belive in evil spirits . so why not aliens
No . there must aliens
Aliens . there must be aliens