Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs - page 13. (Read 2957 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
July 02, 2018, 02:24:54 PM
New ICO projects will be with an equal amount of investment in cryptocurrency, in absolute terms will receive less money. Companies that have already successfully conducted an ICO and received money will have to reconsider their budgets, as a lot of money remained in the cryptocurrencies and they became much less.
Companies that have long held ICO will not face the crisis so much, but it will also affect them.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 144
Penguin Party 🐟
July 02, 2018, 02:19:34 PM
Most ICO prices are based off the price of btc at the time of release to the public sale. If btc drops it causes ETH to drop which then causes a lot of these projects to fail as if a coin drops half in price they need twice as much to receive the hardcap which cause a lot of projects to fail.
Activity: 133
Merit: 0
July 02, 2018, 12:08:10 PM
Definitely it is true, the market is mostly depends on ICOs policy and team work. Although somewehre the market is increasing because the structure of its ups and downs so we should not afraid the condition we believe on BTC and support. The BTC and ETh are also interconnect each other if the BTC price is hike the Eth price also is increasing, so ICO is play significance role in market value.
Activity: 154
July 02, 2018, 11:50:08 AM
I dont really sure, but what i realized is if the price of bitcoin down, the other coins will follow bitcoin too. they will falling down. Maybe bitcoin price affects ICOs too because bitcoin is the basis of their investment.
Activity: 273
Merit: 10
July 02, 2018, 07:56:04 AM
If the price of bitcoin is reduced, then the price of altcoins is reduced . I don't know why this is happening.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 103
♦♣♥♠
July 02, 2018, 11:38:38 AM
Bitcoin has a big impact on all the ICOs because the price of bitcoin will be the basis of how much each price per token,especially now that bitcoin price drop too much so all the token prices now will also falls down so for all the investors who want to invest in a ICOs do not look at the price of each token you should be smart enough to win every investment that you do.
With experience, you begin to understand that investing the entire amount of funds in the ICO, as a rule, is unprofitable. A vivid example of the MGO https://coinmarketcap.com/ru/currencies/mobilego/ For this I myself concluded that the funds need to divide at least two parts of the part to invest in the sale itself, and leave part for what would be possible with a possible fall market, buy these tokens.
Activity: 196
July 02, 2018, 10:04:36 AM
I think that's really the case . The price of bitcoin affects the success of the ico and the price of the ico . I don't know why it happens.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
July 02, 2018, 09:58:03 AM
When the ico launched a tokensale and the bitcoin price suddenly goes down, it would affect the tokensale. Because when the bitcoin price goes down, then so as the other coins and altcoins, like the ethereum, neo, etc. Regardless that only ethereum coin is needed to invest, but when the bitcoin price is down, the value of ethereum also decreases, and the pegged allocation for the ethereum is big, so usually when this happens, most of the ico holding a tokensale will currently freeze the sale until the price is going to stable.
Activity: 365
Merit: 100
July 02, 2018, 07:50:13 AM
it can affect their prices in two different ways:

1. everyone knows that whenever bitcoin is falling everything else falls harder. so ICO tokens are no exceptions. they can fall hard because of it and never recover.

2. which is the most important one in my opinion is the fact that when bitcoin is rising like last year there are a lot of newbies coming in with a lot of dreams of getting rich overnight while having 0 understanding of the market. and when price drops like these days the same newbies are running away as fast as possible.
these newbies are the main bulk of investors in ICOs and when there are more of them around ICOs can have better days than when there is less of them around and they are running away.
Yes, I agree strongly with your suggestion because bitcoin controls the price of altcoin and this also affects the icos when they get listed for exchange.
Activity: 310
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
July 02, 2018, 07:44:08 AM
I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

I think the Bitcoin has some non-direct but mystique effect on all the alternative cryptocurrencies price, so we definitely attacks the ico's. Because of low bitcoin price there are less invested on the stage.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
June 29, 2018, 09:58:25 PM
Bitcoin has a big impact on all the ICOs because the price of bitcoin will be the basis of how much each price per token,especially now that bitcoin price drop too much so all the token prices now will also falls down so for all the investors who want to invest in a ICOs do not look at the price of each token you should be smart enough to win every investment that you do.
Activity: 86
June 29, 2018, 09:03:54 PM
maybe if whole market is down and alts follow the btc this market circle means hot money leaves btc and going to alts. and if market is red and someone wanna to invest with fiat its profitable for him, but only few percent of investors are converting fiat to cryptos in order to participate in ICO.
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Look ARROUND!
June 29, 2018, 08:29:48 AM
I think it affects the ICO projects heavily.  Because it all starts with Bitcoin let say Ethereum was used by most ICO's then Bitcoin drop same as Ethereum then also tokens under Ethereum will also dump the price.
People use Ethereum as a coin for their crowdsales and that causes the price of Ethereum to go up, the price could go lower if they ever try to sell their coins.
Activity: 392
June 29, 2018, 08:27:17 AM
It is. When the market is down and fiat is flowing out of the crypto market the ICO's do not perform well. Even though your project is great and well hyped your ICO reaching the hard cap in an extreme bear market is very rare
Activity: 140
June 24, 2018, 03:10:34 AM
I think it affects the ICO projects heavily.  Because it all starts with Bitcoin let say Ethereum was used by most ICO's then Bitcoin drop same as Ethereum then also tokens under Ethereum will also dump the price.
Activity: 112
June 24, 2018, 03:04:06 AM
When the market is bearish and bitcoin price is low, people are less willing to participate in ICOs.
During the past months, lots of ICOs didn't even reach soft cap.
Activity: 266
June 23, 2018, 11:08:54 AM
The funding for an ICO depends on the value of the bitcoin. So when the bitcoin is down then so as for the ICO funds. For example, an ICO uses a certain altcoin, when bitcoin is down, the other altcoin is also downl
Activity: 149
June 23, 2018, 10:48:25 AM
Yeah, I think the bitcoin price is affecting all maybe most since the price is dependent on bitcoin, especially ethereum so when it value fluctuates to low the prices of the ICO's project are also getting low, I've realized this since I experience this in my trading history that the ethereum price really affects the price of the other coins.
Activity: 98
June 23, 2018, 10:07:10 AM
I think there is a direct effect of bitcoin price in ICOs. When the bitcoin drops, majority of the coins also drops. It is just a domino effect. Majority of the price of the coins depends on the price of the bitcoin.
Activity: 84
June 23, 2018, 01:04:10 AM
i don't really understand about that but after i see if bitcoin is down then altcoin price also goes down and maybe this also happened at performance when ico make people lose a lot of money when ico investment
Pages:
Jump to: