Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 104. (Read 87643 times)

Activity: 723
Merit: 519
January 05, 2018, 05:56:50 PM
Okay lets see @elokk, hopefully you will be gentle with it like first time with woman, and inspect every aspect of that, since we won't see anything visually dont forget to bring pen and paper(or use phone Cheesy ) to write any info that you see/check, or just confirm Watmeter picture. Wish you all the luck

Honestly, I am going to satisfy my own curiosity

Figured I would share with the forum and hopefully can report back it does exist for the naysayers. Of course this will not guarantee anything other than some test units may exist and I won't be allowed to share any juicy details. We will have to wait for some hands on demos within the community to get all the interesting stuff.
Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
January 05, 2018, 05:30:33 PM
Okay lets see @elokk, hopefully you will be gentle with it like first time with woman, and inspect every aspect of that, since we won't see anything visually dont forget to bring pen and paper(or use phone Cheesy ) to write any info that you see/check, or just confirm Watmeter picture. Wish you all the luck
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
January 05, 2018, 05:17:04 PM
I live in the midwest United States and asked Scott to meet me which he has agreed to.

I will visit Wisconsin late next week to see things with my own eyes. No pictures or videos will be taken so everyone will just have to go by my word of what I see.

stay tuned
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
January 05, 2018, 04:27:13 PM
Have you ever seen a mining equipment manufacturer company NOT take preorders on an upcoming product?

Yes  panda miner sent me a 8 gpu unit after failing to get preorders.

AFTER I reviewed it they  sold a lot of them.

the next model i did not use them or review them as they said some lies.

they still sold out the second model

So that is a company that was unable to get any preorders done and after my review they sold 100's of units.

I have 0 need for this asic miner

I have some now  from bitmain and I will be adding more in the future.

My main thrust in mining is and most likely will remain gpu mining.

To any new Asic company such as dragon mint many of us say fuck asics and build gpu rigs.

with 2 and 3 year warranties and fast delivery of gpus from amazon best buy newegg etc.

While I would like to review this unit and most likely I won't

I simply do not care about the gear from a miners viewpoint.

My concern is that of a watchdog trying to help people not do preorders from unknown companies and venders of unproven gear.

I wish you had the gear and I wish the thread was not started until your company was close to shipping.

I wish you simply released a few to members on this forum that mine and review.

Instead  you were nasty and insulting.

So  the gear comes out I buy 5 one breaks   what will my rma be like?

Fuck you blow me bitch comes to mind.

Maybe another variation will happen  oh yes send it in we will fix it.  then zip nada nothing.

Meanwhile I earn decent money with my gpus and no longer spend much time here in the sha 256 section of the forum .

I have run 7 threads  on gpus for about 2 years with more then 300 pages and 1 million views  so I really don't care about owning this gear.

I do care that someone sends payment for 5 units and gets zero in return.

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
January 05, 2018, 04:15:04 PM
Have you ever seen a mining equipment manufacturer company NOT take preorders on an upcoming product?
Yes.
Bitmain, Bitfury and Canaan when they first started making miners. They fully funded all R&D/pre-production using *gasp* real Investors capital. Not funds taken from the general public. Of course using legit funding also entails the Company being legally bound to satisfying said Investors but in return the Investors also have assurances and information needed to feel safer in their investments.

Taking pre-orders is great for the Company but gives ZERO legal safeguards to Investomers. Taking such shortcuts is highly un-ethical. It may be legal (until the company disappears with everyone's monies) but still stinks to high heaven. Now if Halong had a proven track record of delivering miners in the past we would go easier on them and yes give them some benefit of doubt re a new product coming out. Not the case here.

Back to Canaan, their A8 series is coming out this month. Did they take the 'pre-order NOW!' route with them? No. Once again, they used their own monies to finance development/production and are waiting until all production issues are ironed out before announcing general sales of the miners.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
January 05, 2018, 04:00:54 PM
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
January 05, 2018, 03:58:23 PM
As stated earlier, there was never any need for investomers. The capital had already been privately secured to fund the project.

We get that it takes millions of $$ to go into production but pre-selling gear with Investomers bearing all the risk is not the way to do it.

If you had all the funds, why even have pre-sales before you have units to ship? With the history of all the other failed things in this space, wouldn't that have been a better plan?
copper member
January 05, 2018, 03:38:45 PM
As stated earlier, there was never any need for investomers. The capital had already been privately secured to fund the project.

We get that it takes millions of $$ to go into production but pre-selling gear with Investomers bearing all the risk is not the way to do it.

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
January 05, 2018, 03:36:33 PM
P.S. I'm trying really hard not to "sell". I've actually been telling people NOT to buy. So, just everyone please hold on and wait a couple of months and you'll see it's for realz. Mmmk?
Now ya see, if this thread had not started with these being sold on the web as pre-order only with no chance of cancellation/refund things would be very different and folks would be far less hostile towards Halongmining. BFL, AMT/Bitmine.ch/Cointerra/et al left one helluva scar here with their pre-order scams & f*ups.

copper member
January 05, 2018, 03:29:50 PM
This earlier comment seems to have gotten conveniently buried by all the FUD naysayers... so I'll post it again.

copper member
January 05, 2018, 03:25:38 PM
fair enough
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 05, 2018, 03:22:46 PM
If thing proves to be real hope some one starts an escrow acc. so some of us small miners can get one or two. I can't handle five.
Activity: 60
January 05, 2018, 02:48:38 PM
Ah ha. I see now.

Yeah, he was a real dick bag too.  He'd aggressively insult detractors and irate customers; often stooping to such lows as "dox"ing those who he found particularly annoying.

Anyway.  I'm optimistic for you.  But I wouldn't preorder shit from Halong at this point, even if it were one unit.

copper member
January 05, 2018, 02:43:21 PM
P.S. I'm trying really hard not to "sell". I've actually been telling people NOT to buy. So, just everyone please hold on and wait a couple of months and you'll see it's for realz. Mmmk?
copper member
January 05, 2018, 02:41:37 PM
Ah ha. I see now.
copper member
January 05, 2018, 02:24:16 PM
Who is JZ?

And, no... I'm not on commission. I'm not even a sales rep. I'm just a guy helping Halong with their emails and CRM.

January 05, 2018, 02:19:38 PM
I think I am starting to believe him Wink

Fuck i want to believe him

It sounds like he's commissioned sales...  Everyone wants to believe the pitch.  It all reminds me of JZ....
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
January 05, 2018, 02:11:28 PM
I think I am starting to believe him Wink

Fuck i want to believe him
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 05, 2018, 01:55:30 PM
And that seems to be true: https://www.scottofford.com/ If that's Scott, it's good that someone with a real name is stepping up. If this is a scam, the police will pay Scott a visit. So I guess he's convinced it's not Smiley

Actually NotFuzzyWarm... I am an SEO professional. It was my primary source of income for 5 years up until I sold my web dev / internet marketing company.

Scott O.

Never heard of SEO before I take it? Done for Search Engine Optimization to be sure that is the first thing a web crawler picks up.

Jump to: