Pages:
Author

Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith] - page 28. (Read 91207 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1003
Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014
I've uploaded the blockchain, maybe it can help somebody: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhwadurb77avqoi/eccoin.rar
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
HGPUPC addicted!
BarTeam, mdtspain, thanks, guys, looks like this peers.dat file has helped: the wallet began to sync. The progress is going very slowly, but now it is at least connected to the network.

Good. =)

I am doing benchmark for a full update time lapse. This might be something where improvement can take place against other coins. Old blockchains are becoming main examples of sustainability and need adaptation over all issues into the future.

Maybe now it will make sense for "higher parallelism of the downloads from block chain information from peers". Let me rephrase...

- Big block chains need protection against recovery - that is usually made over security but some part over the "get all block chain information" will also play some role (so it matters to download block chain information faster in order to protect that information).
- Higher parallelism from clients will mean better communication from ALL network - assuming internet will continue to evolve it will be required in the future to overcome single threaded p2p communication.
- Faster recovery of one client into a very big network will mean better return of those users to the network - as this will mean... if they keep their keys safe... any device can loose the wallet and still reconstruct the wallet again in a much shorter time.

Many other advantages... but how can this be done!? =) I have some ideas.. but I will sort them out with devs.

I will need some time to look into the code and seek for where this can actually be done. But the idea is over ... just a little teaser...

- POS @ rate of 1 block per second!
- Dynamic confirmation rates for POS algos (POS is tricky to confirm in the real term... to improve security of confirmations is still a must.. cause it will ensure better security against forks, miss usage, bad intentions of altering the source code to damage the network, etc).

Feel free to comment.
legendary
BarTeam, mdtspain, thanks, guys, looks like this peers.dat file has helped: the wallet began to sync. The progress is going very slowly, but now it is at least connected to the network.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Please upload full blockchain. There are several sync problems.

Again... no need for uploading.. Just delete all but wallet.dat. (this includes peers.dat).. and it will work. Don't use .conf file.
I had already done this, of course. I've been waiting for more than 24 hours for the wallet to sync, it have passed ~70% and now "0 active connections" is shown. Restarting the wallet doesn't help.

I have just restarted my re-sync. I will let you know the results in a few hours. But 0 connections is a problem... (can you send me lines from debug.log stating the chain hash?)

EDIT: 8% - 2 active clients

Hi, maybe i can help, I have uploaded my peers.dat in a zip file. You can Download it here  
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=71566802387590630202

Can you also confirm that you are using wallet 2.1.0.0

Thanks

*****Note for Griffith******
I think you didn't restart the ECC BE after the security updates
HGPUPC addicted!

Again... no need for uploading.. Just delete all but wallet.dat. (this includes peers.dat).. and it will work. Don't use .conf file.
I had already done this, of course. I've been waiting for more than 24 hours for the wallet to sync, it have passed ~70% and now "0 active connections" is shown. Restarting the wallet doesn't help.

I have just restarted my re-sync. I will let you know the results in a few hours. But 0 connections is a problem... (can you send me lines from debug.log stating the chain hash?)

EDIT:
Benchmark - Full Synchronization
Startup time: 10/18/14 20:52:10 UTC - Synchronization @ 93% - 3 active clients -> then I ended up like you...

Code:
getcheckpoint
12:40:15
{
"synccheckpoint" : "ba96de8da95ac53cedc7fd0cd3c17b32f5d3a04f33a544060606c095b28bf4c1",
"height" : 242150,
"timestamp" : "2014-10-01 21:52:52 UTC"
}

Resolution being baked... For me it did not work to substitute the peers.dat because I think I ended up somewhere in another chain... There are still some guys running old wallets!!!!  ARHRHRH!

EDIT #2: After 3 retries... it got synchronized (after the last checkpoint it takes more time to sync). The reason for the failures might be the nodes that did not update yet. I recommend to hold a good backup of all the chain. Just in case you have to resync the all thing again, you just need to restore that backup and restart the wallet.
legendary

HGPUPC addicted!

correction: the conf file is fine. i actually have it so it auto generates a correct file for you. there arent very many sync problems. there are a few listed on the OP but it takes like 2 minutes to get past these. and once you are you are fine.

I agree it's fine.  Cool What I meant was that you don't need it for the wallet to start well and sync. But you will need it for the specific options you want to give to the wallet of course.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

correction: the conf file is fine. i actually have it so it auto generates a correct file for you. there arent very many sync problems. there are a few listed on the OP but it takes like 2 minutes to get past these. and once you are you are fine.
HGPUPC addicted!

legendary
Activity: 271
Share Love
Everybody is looking for a use of the coins in the real world, for me this use is under our noses and nobody seems to see it, or is not capable to create it. What I would like to see is that ECC will have it's own Exchange and that the holders of ECC coins will be the shareholders from that exchange, receiving dividend every 3 months from the fees generated by the trades. The % paid to each shareholder will depend on the coins they have in there wallet.

BUT....this is MY vision, we need to agree on this to make it happen.

Michael

I M INNNNN! =)

I do agree and like your vision. ECC definitely should have its own exchange and ECC holders will then become shareholders from that exchange... Very nice idea and wish it will become a reality soon.  Wink
Activity: 480
Merit: 500
As you all might know, Griffith and me are working on 2 coins ECC and MWC .

On MWC we are developing in wallet trading on 4 Exchanges, and because this is our own development, we would like to know from the ECC community if you would like this same in wallet trading in the ECC as well.

The Trading we are developing will have all the trading pairs available for trade from the wallet.
The Exchanges that we are including are: Bittrex, Cryptsy, Poloniex and Bter.

We can consider to include Swisscex and/or Allcoin as well, mainly because these Exchanges trade ECC.

Let us know your opinion or ideas about this

Thanks,

Michael

This would be amazing, yes please do it Smiley
HGPUPC addicted!
Bter.com!!!

What a jump!

#28      ECC   ECCoin   Forum   1,581   0   1,581   Up-vote    Down-vote

Update:
#27      ECC   ECCoin   Forum   1,631   0   1,631   Up-vote    Down-vote
HGPUPC addicted!
I have issues SYNCING my ECC wallet. Even after downloading all the blocks for more then 48hours my ECC wallet still says (Out of Sync). Please help

I have a same issue.. anybody could help me in this, please?
the restart didn't helped and I stucked at 219729

Remove all but wallet.dat and re-sync. The explanation for this is that if you have peers.dat with old clients that did not update yet.. you will get stuck over their "bad chain" information.
HGPUPC addicted!
Everybody is looking for a use of the coins in the real world, for me this use is under our noses and nobody seems to see it, or is not capable to create it. What I would like to see is that ECC will have it's own Exchange and that the holders of ECC coins will be the shareholders from that exchange, receiving dividend every 3 months from the fees generated by the trades. The % paid to each shareholder will depend on the coins they have in there wallet.

Michael

I M INNNNN! =)
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I have issues SYNCING my ECC wallet. Even after downloading all the blocks for more then 48hours my ECC wallet still says (Out of Sync). Please help

I have a same issue.. anybody could help me in this, please?
the restart didn't helped and I stucked at 219729
Activity: 995
Merit: 500
wow this is nice to see whats the plan with ECC
Activity: 316
Merit: 10

On MWC we are developing in wallet trading on 4 Exchanges, and because this is our own development, we would like to know from the ECC community if you would like this same in wallet trading in the ECC as well.

The Trading we are developing will have all the trading pairs available for trade from the wallet.

We can consider to include Swisscex and/or Allcoin as well, mainly because these Exchanges trade ECC.

Thanks,

Michael
In wallet trading sounds like it could be a very good idea idea for ECC - particularilarily if it can establish itself onto the other other exchanges -
can you tell me any more about the in wallet trading ?
it seems to me that the holders fix the price on the trade platforms -
is this good for long term security and stability of price ?

The past months we have been working on stabilzing the ECC network and the wallet. To be honest it was a big mess and with any solution came an other problem. Griffith did a great job in my opinion and even that he got frustrated many times, HE didn't give up like hostmaster did.

Now to tell you more about the in wallet trading....
If we can realize to transform the ECC wallet to a trading platform that makes it easy to trade on 4 exchanges (or more) then we have the benefit that our network will become stronger, let me explain...

The trading platform will attrack people that don't have any ECC, because they want to use it as an easy alternative to the webbrowser, easy because the exchanges are available by changing a tab. These people will secure the ECC network, because it is a wallet that will function like a node.

This will be the first stage of the in wallet trading.

Michael

I like, how you're thinking! To have the exchanges right in your wallet, is a definite attraction for the shareholder to the coin.
Would love to see that for ECC. Others are trying to implement this into their wallets and I think  this could be a new way, to avoid
the exchange pages which every now and then messed up "a little". You could finally be able not to own OR trade a coin,but to own AND trade it. That's why we're here,right?! Grin We don't want to give our coins to a shady exchange, which might lose them (just like a bank might.. xD).
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Thanks,

Michael
In wallet trading sounds like it could be a very good idea idea for ECC - particularilarily if it can establish itself onto the other other exchanges -

The past months we have been working on stabilzing the ECC network and the wallet. To be honest it was a big mess and with any solution came an other problem. Griffith did a great job in my opinion and even that he got frustrated many times, HE didn't give up like hostmaster did.

If we can realize to transform the ECC wallet to a trading platform that makes it easy to trade on 4 exchanges (or more) then we have the benefit that our network will become stronger, let me explain...

The trading platform will attrack people that don't have any ECC, because they want to use it as an easy alternative to the webbrowser, easy because the exchanges are available by changing a tab. These people will secure the ECC network, because it is a wallet that will function like a node.

Michael

That sounds very good to me....it´s a good way to draw attention to our coin(s)....i am up for that +1
legendary
Activity: 1076

Thanks,

Michael

Michael

Pages:
Jump to: