Pages:
Author

Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith] - page 34. (Read 91207 times)

Activity: 480
Merit: 500
+1 new logo is nice

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Good to see ECC moving forward! Thanks to all those involved.

New logo is sweet as well.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
There is something about the staking that doesn't make sense to me. (Sorry, I cannot read code, so I can't check that way)

As I said before, my coins hadn't staked for 6 days. I have several wallets.

I opened a different wallet just now, and got 10 blocks of stake immediately, all within 120 seconds. These were from coin which had an age of more than 42 days. The younger coins in the same address are not staking.

What would be the reason for that ?

Staking in general works like a kind of lotery, there is no sequence. I have my own wallet opened 24/7 and my last received stake was 26/09/14.  This is a normal thing as the stake can be received between 8hrs - 43 days. I remember before we took over it was 43 days before any stake came in.

Random factors cannot be the reason. Please read my post carefully.

All my older coins staked, all of them in 120 secs. None of my younger ones staked in 6 days (with wallet open many hours)

It appears to me as if the min coin age is still 42 days. Can anyone properly check the code to confirm (dev I trust your skills but things can get overlooked, and you didn't write the original code)

if you look in main.cpp line 45 ish

unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 *60 * 2;   // minimum age for coin age: 2 hours
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = 60 *60 * 24 * 84;   // stake age of full weight: 84 days
unsigned int nStakeTargetSpacing = 45;         // 45 sec block spacing

all computer programs by default have timers count by second intervals. 60 seconds in a minute * 60 minutes in an hour * 2 hours = 2 hours. which is the min stake time.

the min time is not 42 days anymore. your coins will stake. there are 18 billion coins. just be patient.
legendary
Activity: 1076
There is something about the staking that doesn't make sense to me. (Sorry, I cannot read code, so I can't check that way)

I opened a different wallet just now, and got 10 blocks of stake immediately, all within 120 seconds. These were from coin which had an age of more than 42 days. The younger coins in the same address are not staking.

Staking in general works like a kind of lotery, there is no sequence. I have my own wallet opened 24/7 and my last received stake was 26/09/14.  This is a normal thing as the stake can be received between 8hrs - 43 days. I remember before we took over it was 43 days before any stake came in.

All my older coins staked, all of them in 120 secs. None of my younger ones staked in 6 days (with wallet open many hours)

It appears to me as if the min coin age is still 42 days. Can anyone properly check the code to confirm (dev I trust your skills but things can get overlooked, and you didn't write the original code)

The code is available on the Github to check-out. However as I allready explained, it's perfectly normal. And yes, Griffith is a good and honest Dev.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
[insert trending meme] 人

funnily enough my less aged coins wallet has staked whereas my older coins wallet also staked , guess its random.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

legendary
some people from China cannot download the Windows wallet2.0 from the site

Is any body help us?

Hello,

We have a special section on our github where you can download the wallets for Windows and Mac. Also the source is there available.

https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/tree/master/release
legendary

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
some people from China cannot download the Windows wallet2.0 from the site

Is any body help us?
legendary

Activity: 257
[insert trending meme] 人
 Grin
i got staking
 Grin
legendary

the variable for the original 42 days is 100% gone. there is no way possible that anything will revert to a 42 age day minimum stake because there is no longer a place for the code to derive that value. the reason your coins are probably staking slower is because i increased the amount blocks other nodes need to produce before your coins are able to stake again. the previous setting was too low and if you had enough coins you would stake too quickly and actually fork yourself off of the block chain.

OK, thanks for the reply. I will keep trying.

Of course I realise that every sent transaction will revert to 0 coin age. I believe there was something curious about the sendings in COMM and ECC which caused an entire address to be unable to stake if any coin had been sent from that address within a stipulated period (usually min coin age) before.

I will try to find that reference in one of the threads.
Activity: 294
some sketch of overview page layout
legendary
Activity: 1022
v.2 is not syncing, does it require reindex?

Edit: I started rebuilding the blockchain, only 1 active connection.
legendary
i will lower the starting size to like 800x600 or something. i am on a 4k monitor so to me what looks small is probably very big for you
legendary

Presumably blocks are still weighted according to size, just not age (excepting 2 hours min)

well yes. of course they are. i was just saying that the age thing is adjusted. size is always the other major factor
[/quote

"size is a factor" i was refering to when blocks are made. and the age adjusted thing doesnt happen until block 260,000

This doesn't make sense to me: I would expect my coins (once mature) to stake within minutes, as they did before....maybe you can clarify: however,  I have an idea about another variable ... You may need to check this out:

I believe the original dev. included a feature that reset the coin age to nil when there was any sending from the wallet.... I have recently sent some ECC to a paperwallet address, and wondered whether that has the effect of restarting an age count of 42 days (the original min coin age) before maturity of the remaining coins in the wallet .
[/quote]

alright so basically. when you send coins in a transaction, there coin age gets set to 0. this is true for all pos coins. this resets the stake counter they have because they got sent on the block chain. its how PoS works. so the coins got reset to 2 hours when you sent them.

the variable for the original 42 days is 100% gone. there is no way possible that anything will revert to a 42 age day minimum stake because there is no longer a place for the code to derive that value. the reason your coins are probably staking slower is because i increased the amount blocks other nodes need to produce before your coins are able to stake again. the previous setting was too low and if you had enough coins you would stake too quickly and actually fork yourself off of the block chain.
legendary

Presumably blocks are still weighted according to size, just not age (excepting 2 hours min)

well yes. of course they are. i was just saying that the age thing is adjusted. size is always the other major factor
[/quote

"size is a factor" i was refering to when blocks are made. and the age adjusted thing doesnt happen until block 260,000
[/quote]

This doesn't make sense to me: I would expect my coins (once mature) to stake within minutes, as they did before....maybe you can clarify: however,  I have an idea about another variable ... You may need to check this out:

I believe the original dev. included a feature that reset the coin age to nil when there was any sending from the wallet.... I have recently sent some ECC to a paperwallet address, and wondered whether that has the effect of restarting an age count of 42 days (the original min coin age) before maturity of the remaining coins in the wallet .
legendary
My wallet is synched up to date, but has not staked for 5 days, despite being open for many hours at a time.

I have large blocks of coin.

mine too

just leave it open and it will happen. assuming u upgraded to 2.0. it says a max of 84 days. so it will stake before then.

The block weightings (numbers of coins) are heavy though, and they were staking very rapidly before, so something has changed which detracts from the weightings. Is the min coin age 2 hours : or more ?

[/quote

legendary
My wallet is synched up to date, but has not staked for 5 days, despite being open for many hours at a time.

mine too

just leave it open and it will happen. assuming u upgraded to 2.0. it says a max of 84 days. so it will stake before then.

The block weightings (numbers of coins) are heavy though, and they were staking very rapidly before, so something has changed which detracts from the weightings. Is the min coin age 2 hours : or more ?

[/quote

legendary

mine too

Pages:
Jump to: