Pages:
Author

Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith] - page 37. (Read 91207 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
http://I sent coins to my another ECC wallet, so to help expedite network?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Someone needs to contact comkort.com exchange,
they are saying no blocks found in like 24 hours,
but the ecc block explorer has some only 13 minutes ago.

Cool

FYI:
Don't know if this is the problem but http://38.93.234.101:3000 - Block Explorer (Sheepman)' is down.
Griffith's Block explorer is working.

yeah, i will contact them. i dont know whats up with them. everyone else is fine.

i will also message sheepman.

im also reading the PoS discussion but have decided to not give any input yet. id like to see more opinions first.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Someone needs to contact comkort.com exchange,
they are saying no blocks found in like 24 hours,
but the ecc block explorer has some only 13 minutes ago.

Cool

FYI:
Don't know if this is the problem but http://38.93.234.101:3000 - Block Explorer (Sheepman)' is down.
Griffith's Block explorer is working.
legendary
Activity: 1092
it is at 25% right now.

25% is very good, nothing in the real world beats that.

All of the other coins with the super high rates have a much lower # of coins than ECC,
Examples
Tek 40% per month  only  2,398,786  Coin Total
Diamond  50% per year only 369,496  Coins Total

With these low volume of coins , it is easier for a few players to keep the prices in a higher range.
ECC has over 18,000,000 coins in circulation, not an amount that can be easily dominated by a few people. But ECC is a Full POS coin , it can survive low prices , the only thing you need to do is leave your ECC Wallet open to keep the ECC network running. Mainstream acceptance of crypto is only a few years away, once that happens All Crypto are going to have a massive influx of capital.
Think about it like this, would you rather have 100 of the other coins, or 1 million of ECC, when the mainstream capital comes pouring in. When that happens the more coins you have, the happier you will be.
Basically it is not today, or next week prices, that matter , it is the price that happens when crypto becomes mainstream, and then whoever has the most coins will reap the largest bounty.

Just my 2 million ECC.
 Cool
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
Higher PoS % interest can potentially bring more money, but "if the minimal PoS age is not low or if old coins do not stake" it can be bad to ECC blockchain and to a fluid network.

I do understand that to create motivation "money" should be the "initial" interest. But let's face one fact. Even looking at current price of ECC, there are tons of users that do not touch their wallets from some time (some due to giving up, other due disinterest, etc). If we boost the PoS rate, those users will still not turn their wallets because price is poor. So, in my opinion higher PoS % rate, will not bring price up (unless if we kind of do, super inflation, that consequently will drop later the price, after normalizing the PoS % rate).

I think that to bring network up to a stable point, PoS % should benefit more (70/30 distribution for example or even 50/50 could make sense) the ones "running" the wallet. I know this is the opposite of "green" for the initial ECC concept, but in reality that is what can bring future price up. Why? Anyone will be able to benefit from higher PoS % rates and not just the bag holders. This will result in more potential buyers of ECC and therefore higher rise of ECC price.

Let me detail:

In a 70/30 distribution, 70% will be based on normal PoS and 30% over the wallet running status. The longer the wallet stays up the faster will can reach 100% of 30% (in the 70/30 distribution). Using higher PoS can be then maintained by using a 25% rate. Where the ones that just care for getting their wallets offline, will receive 70% of 25% rate.. and the ones that stay up with their wallets, 70%+30% of 25% rate interest.

Of course this would mean other things, one of them trusted seed nodes and so on. But I think that by first establishing the "mode of operation" can sort out how to do the second one. There are many systems already, based on voting or other features.

Feel free to comment =) Great discussion.

+1

just found my way back to this coin it Sweet wallet update nice work beeing done here.
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
HGPUPC addicted!
Higher PoS % interest can potentially bring more money, but "if the minimal PoS age is not low or if old coins do not stake" it can be bad to ECC blockchain and to a fluid network.

I do understand that to create motivation "money" should be the "initial" interest. But let's face one fact. Even looking at current price of ECC, there are tons of users that do not touch their wallets from some time (some due to giving up, other due disinterest, etc). If we boost the PoS rate, those users will still not turn their wallets because price is poor. So, in my opinion higher PoS % rate, will not bring price up (unless if we kind of do, super inflation, that consequently will drop later the price, after normalizing the PoS % rate).

I think that to bring network up to a stable point, PoS % should benefit more (70/30 distribution for example or even 50/50 could make sense) the ones "running" the wallet. I know this is the opposite of "green" for the initial ECC concept, but in reality that is what can bring future price up. Why? Anyone will be able to benefit from higher PoS % rates and not just the bag holders. This will result in more potential buyers of ECC and therefore higher rise of ECC price.

Let me detail:

In a 70/30 distribution, 70% will be based on normal PoS and 30% over the wallet running status. The longer the wallet stays up the faster will can reach 100% of 30% (in the 70/30 distribution). Using higher PoS can be then maintained by using a 25% rate. Where the ones that just care for getting their wallets offline, will receive 70% of 25% rate.. and the ones that stay up with their wallets, 70%+30% of 25% rate interest.

Of course this would mean other things, one of them trusted seed nodes and so on. But I think that by first establishing the "mode of operation" can sort out how to do the second one. There are many systems already, based on voting or other features.

Feel free to comment =) Great discussion.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
Great work is being done, but please can we increase the rate of PoS in order to save this coin ?  

We need a discussion here about the PoS... I do not want to see the death of the network if there is not a better incentive to open wallets, and also a chance for fresh buyers to acquire significant parcels of coins.

Many people hold a number of different PoS coins, and will only want to stake the best yielding ones. That will apply for more and more holders in future.

it is at 25% right now. i will consider changing the rate from my original planned formula but i need a good reason to do it. what are your exact thoughts?

There are so many altcoins, that the vast majority of them are destined to become extinct. Only those with large communities and strong networks have any chance of surviving the 'nuclear winter'. There are hundreds of coins in competition for a limited number of core community members (only committed altcoin diehards will stick with this through a long attrition).

Stake is viewed as a kind of ROI by most people (whether in error or not), and a high % foments more activity. Sellers need to make coin available , in quantity, and cheaply, to draw in fresh adopters. The price on the markets thoughout this phase is immaterial: the outcome as I see it is binary, live or die... wider adoption and open wallets are the only thing that will save PoS coins, and a very high PoS will provide those things.

Look at it this way: How do we distinguish ECC from the rest and encourage defection from other coins ?
I can already see the high PoS coins gaining ground against the others (excepting the very large ones like PPC etc).  There is no downside to increasing PoS, because it can always be reduced in a taper later,(say 2 years) when survival may be assured.

This is not a whim, but rather the result of daily research and close interaction on my part, with 80+ different coins for more than 18 months.

It is my opinion, but I welcome opposing views : I would rather be persuaded that a low PoS was better. Maybe 25% is enough, but what are the objections to a significant rise ?
legendary
Great work is being done, but please can we increase the rate of PoS in order to save this coin ? 

We need a discussion here about the PoS... I do not want to see the death of the network if there is not a better incentive to open wallets, and also a chance for fresh buyers to acquire significant parcels of coins.

Many people hold a number of different PoS coins, and will only want to stake the best yielding ones. That will apply for more and more holders in future.

it is at 25% right now. i will consider changing the rate from my original planned formula but i need a good reason to do it. what are your exact thoughts?
legendary

Activity: 257
[insert trending meme] 人
The wallet GUI is a great job.

The thing that lets this coin down for me is the low PoS. The network has little incentive to be maintained : watch it slow down. I know that the PoS was lowered, but I am having one more try to put my side of the argument for raising it. I have a lot of experience here, and have seen nothing which endears me to small % staking, despite extensive research. The PoS can be tapered down over the course of a couple of years, which addresses concerns about inflation, but the network benefits of high PoS are desperately needed in the fragile early stages.

I recommend increasing the stake to AT LEAST 150% pa. This will give ECC a chance to revive properly. There is an association of high PoS coins, which is great for network support.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783697.80

I believe many posters will eventually understand how this works for PoS coins, but might not get there until it is too late.

investing your btc/ltc at this time whilst ecc is so cheap will also increase the amount of return from POS as it is without another overhaul.
[insert trending meme] 人
things good for ecc now that Griffith has done such a good job on fixing wallet issues

1) generating some promo hype and getting trade back on other markets

https://twitter.com/renbabble/status/516303568408940545
legendary
The wallet GUI is a great job.

The thing that lets this coin down for me is the low PoS. The network has little incentive to be maintained : watch it slow down. I know that the PoS was lowered, but I am having one more try to put my side of the argument for raising it. I have a lot of experience here, and have seen nothing which endears me to small % staking, despite extensive research. The PoS can be tapered down over the course of a couple of years, which addresses concerns about inflation, but the network benefits of high PoS are desperately needed in the fragile early stages.

I recommend increasing the stake to AT LEAST 150% pa. This will give ECC a chance to revive properly. There is an association of high PoS coins, which is great for network support.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783697.80

I believe many posters will eventually understand how this works for PoS coins, but might not get there until it is too late.
HGPUPC addicted!
my wallet 1.9.3 don`t sync after block 237457.

if is still does not sync, delete all data except the wallet.dat and start again.

The wallet will not sync if it starts to connect to "old, not synced and not updated wallets". The way to overcome this is to delete the peers.dat file and if already in a fork, delete all chain data and start again. The .conf file does not need to have any data at all.

Do backups always, before proceeding.
legendary
The new wallet stop syncing.....after closing and reopen several times there is nothing to happen....
"Last received block 18 hours ago"....

any thoughts?  Huh
patience
blocks can be slow

My wallet is running fine. Always make sure you use the newest .conf file nodes.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
my wallet 1.9.3 don`t sync after block 237457.
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
i have my coins in v1.5 wallet. What i need to do for upgrade to latest version without lost any coin ?
[insert trending meme] 人
The new wallet stop syncing.....after closing and reopen several times there is nothing to happen....

any thoughts?  Huh
patience
blocks can be slow
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

any thoughts?  Huh
HGPUPC addicted!
Please urge to update your wallets.

Use known seed nodes from latest wallets:
easyclearcoin.no-ip.org

i dont know what that second node is. there are 3 nodes in the first page and they are also included in the wallet itself. there is no reason why you should need a conf file at this point (except if your starting fresh u will need one for the first start up)

It was one I have created. But just ignore it. The nodes inside the wallet(code) should be enough.
legendary
Please urge to update your wallets.

Use known seed nodes from latest wallets:
easyclearcoin.no-ip.org

i dont know what that second node is. there are 3 nodes in the first page and they are also included in the wallet itself. there is no reason why you should need a conf file at this point (except if your starting fresh u will need one for the first start up)
Pages:
Jump to: