Pages:
Author

Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith] - page 35. (Read 91207 times)

Activity: 257
Merit: 250
[insert trending meme] 人
My wallet is synched up to date, but has not staked for 5 days, despite being open for many hours at a time.

I have large blocks of coin.

mine too
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
My wallet is synched up to date, but has not staked for 5 days, despite being open for many hours at a time.

I have large blocks of coin.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
On the POS discussion front,

Tekcoin Just dropped to ~ 4 cents, it was over 50 cents about 3 months ago.
As the supply increases so quickly, people increase the amount they dump on the market , which lowers the price. Their number of coins will be double in 2 months and they will be lucky if they are still over a penny.
Their coin supply will outpace their demand.

If the Dev does decide to change the POS on Eccoin , my vote would be to shorten the max time frame from 84 days to 7 or 10 days even if you keep the interest rate the same just faster payouts. It would make people open their wallets more since they know a stake would be coming in sooner. Another thing for the Dev to consider would be making the interest rate variable, the more wallets open the higher the rate and an indicator somewhere on the main screen telling you the current rate.

Of Course if the Dev leaves the POS the way it is, I am ok with that too.
 Cool

i dont think the interest rate based on the number of people online is possible, this is mostly because not every wallet is directly connected to every other wallet. the connections are more like six degrees of connection (same concept of six degrees of kevin bacon except with wallet connections). so knowing the full number of wallets open at a given time is not always possible. this means that between wallets depending on the number of peers the calcuation for payout would be different and some wallets would reject the blocks that others would accept due to incorrect calculations.

to answer the other question, in the past i tried to change the max stake time in a way that i thought would work. it didnt and actually caused some sync issues for a brief amount of time. i know how i would be done now (since i have learned more about the wallet) but i do not wish to revisit that area. turns out that since the kernel will reset to all blocks being of equal value for stake calculations at block 260,000 this wont be nessisary to change the 84 days because the people with wallets open will stake if a block needs to be formed due to all coins being reset to equal value for stake calculations.

as far as the Raise PoS for more interest for holders compared to dont raise PoS it will cause harder dumps debate. i believe both are true and it is impossible to tell which would take place for this coin as either of those outcomes are both backed by very logical arguments and sound reasoning. As it stands right now. i had put in a rate adjustment for a variable rate calculation (decaying PoS rate over time) since 1.8. it still holds in 2.0 and will come into affect in about 7k blocks at block 250,000. on block 250,000 it will change from the 25% rate to the new formula i had put in. we will see how this works out for now.

Any suggestions for the coin, desired resources, or ideas on how we could get the coins economy moving (meaning ideas for ways to get people to have a place to spend ECC) would be greatly appreciated. you can either post those ideas in this thread, or if you want it to be private / is more urgent then PM them to me on this website as i will get an alert when you do.
legendary

As the supply increases so quickly, people increase the amount they dump on the market , which lowers the price. Their number of coins will be double in 2 months and they will be lucky if they are still over a penny.

If the Dev does decide to change the POS on Eccoin , my vote would be to shorten the max time frame from 84 days to 7 or 10 days even if you keep the interest rate the same just faster payouts. It would make people open their wallets more since they know a stake would be coming in sooner. Another thing for the Dev to consider would be making the interest rate variable, the more wallets open the higher the rate and an indicator somewhere on the main screen telling you the current rate.

Cool

Those are good suggestions. Anything that encourages wallets to be open more often can strengthen the network.

The really high % PoS coins are in a rising trend over recent months (like HBN, HYP & CAPS ) .People dump their coins if they think the price will fall, or not rise. The % stake makes little difference to that. If it becomes perceived that high stake creates more demand that will reduce sellers (in expectation of future rises), thus creating a positive feedback to price.

Demand dictates price so much more than does supply.
legendary
Activity: 1092

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
On request i am working on the lay-out of the wallet.
As we don't have the layered original files (hint, hint), I need to try to recreate the image.

On this moment it looks like this, if the designer of the Logo want to help me with the original files...PM me Wink

Activity: 313
HGPUPC addicted!

There are indeed two kinds of the unconfirmed: rejected stake blocks and transactions with zero confirmations which could be confirmed later on. (Are both kinds called orphaned blocks?) It would be nice if the unconfirmed transactions could be shown on top or just among the confirmed ones still in the right order of date. Rejected stakes are rejected forever, aren't they?

"orphanated blocks" - PoS blocks with 0 confirmations after the next generated block (or more). But bottom line is that they do not get confirmations.
"transactions" - They go inside the next "to be produced block" and if they do not confirm it can be either your client not communicating to the internet (or your broadcast did not exit your PC) or being on a different chain (just forked).

Stakes that do not get confirmed will retry later. You don't loose stake if the stake does not confirm. It only means it was not confirmed that time... the wallet will retry a new PoS block later (with little more stake included) and if then it confirms, you will get the full stake.

Usually when you have lots of chain to synchronize the wallet (or some wallets) will try to send PoS blocks to confirm... and because you are not synchronized, the PoS block will not confirm possibly before your wallet finishes the sync. Therefore you usually see lots of PoS "orphaned". The wallet will retry later and those will most surely confirm.

Regards
legendary
Is the update the reason that the last block is from 8 hours ago? Can I unlock the wallet after updating to v 2.0?

that is the exact reason. with the network changing protocols, the block chain has slowed down until everyone moves over. ( or until most move over). if you keep your wallet locked as compared to unlocked is your personal preference.

You made it very good then. I don't want to make wrong forks...

What do you think of my suggestions for the future, posted a few days ago?

Here another one.

The startscreen is pretty nice if not beautiful. Could it be integrated in the Overview page of the wallet? Maybe by making the wallet size a little bit wider or/and less high. I don't know how much room you have there.

I can do that yes...I will have a look for the next wallet to make some graphical changes  Wink

it shouldnt be too hard to implement the showing of stake weight and time in the wallet. Me and MDT are working with another coin as well that has this implemented so we both know how to do this and it will be added in the future as an optional update.

yes, i guess i can use the message alert system to warn users of a wallet update. i will look into the protocol that this feature uses.

i plan on adding a feature in the future wallets that allows you to check a box in settings an orphaned blocks will not be shown in the transactions. and we will change the default sort to a chronological order where most recent is on top.
legendary
Is the update the reason that the last block is from 8 hours ago? Can I unlock the wallet after updating to v 2.0?

that is the exact reason. with the network changing protocols, the block chain has slowed down until everyone moves over. ( or until most move over). if you keep your wallet locked as compared to unlocked is your personal preference.

You made it very good then. I don't want to make wrong forks...

What do you think of my suggestions for the future, posted a few days ago?

Here another one.

The startscreen is pretty nice if not beautiful. Could it be integrated in the Overview page of the wallet? Maybe by making the wallet size a little bit wider or/and less high. I don't know how much room you have there.

I can do that yes...I will have a look for the next wallet to make some graphical changes  Wink
Activity: 434
here we go, lets generate some blocks :-)

Fully synced..block# 242524...oeps 242527 last received block 4 seconds ago

I said it and my wallet done it :-)
legendary

Fully synced..block# 242524...oeps 242527 last received block 4 seconds ago

Activity: 434
legendary

legendary
PLEASE UPDATE TO 2.0 YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ON THE NETWORK IF YOU DONT UPDATE

wallet links are on the first page. exchanges have been contacted. i will change the status of there wallets on the main post once i hear back from them. UNTIL THEN DONT SEND OR WITHDRAW COINS FROM THEM
legendary

changes in the new wallet include:

-after block 260,000 all coins will be even when staking as if it where
block 0 and no coins will have a higher stake priority anymore.

What does that mean, exactly ? What will be the min + max coin ages ?

the same 2 hours to 84 days will be the stake time. the only difference is when it comes time to stake for a block the network will no longer look for those coins that are closer or past the 84 days. all coins are now even and will behave like they all brand new. so basically the network will stake what is avalible in order to keep the block chain moving as opposed to looking for coins that havent staked in a long time.

That sounds positive ! I don't know if there are any drawbacks.

Presumably blocks are still weighted according to size, just not age (excepting 2 hours min)

well yes. of course they are. i was just saying that the age thing is adjusted. size is always the other major factor
so sending all my coins to a fresh wallet will work out better for me in terms of staking as they will be in one lump and don't need to mature ?

no. the wallet you have now will fix itself at that block. you dont need to send to a new wallet or anything. doing that will actually do nothing.

do we need to download the blockchain again or the same will be used???
same block chain will be used. if you arent synched (you can check BE if you are) then its probably because the bug i mentioned happened to you and it needs to be fixed. if it does you might need to resync. otherwise no you will be fine
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
do we need to download the blockchain again or the same will be used???
legendary

the same 2 hours to 84 days will be the stake time. the only difference is when it comes time to stake for a block the network will no longer look for those coins that are closer or past the 84 days. all coins are now even and will behave like they all brand new. so basically the network will stake what is avalible in order to keep the block chain moving as opposed to looking for coins that havent staked in a long time.

Presumably blocks are still weighted according to size, just not age (excepting 2 hours min)

well yes. of course they are. i was just saying that the age thing is adjusted. size is always the other major factor
so sending all my coins to a fresh wallet will work out better for me in terms of staking as they will be in one lump and don't need to mature ?

When we post the new wallets V2.0.0.0  everybody needs to update, not updating will result in a wallet that won't sync anymore, this also means that staking will not take place.

We are doing this to weed out the wallets that are bringing havoc to our network (old wallets never updated)
Activity: 257
[insert trending meme] 人

legendary

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: