Pages:
Author

Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith] - page 42. (Read 91207 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
That error was after a fresh git clone  Huh

wait... why r u even updating? dont make the changes to the nodes until i actually push out an official version, the last changes to my git was just me tinkering and actually breaks things. u should be on 1.9 right now
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
That error was after a fresh git clone  Huh
legendary
then dont use the qmake step. make clean then make. it will do the same thing. i was just outlining it for the QT version. u still need to clean your make before rebuilding it every time
Latest changes breaks the Unix make file too:

/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
make: *** No rule to make target `obj/irc.o', needed by `eccoind'.  Stop.

Just go to your makefile.unix and on Line 113 you can comment-out obj/irc.o

Thanks

Hey mdtspain Smiley

I know I can but my point really is that I shouldn't to Wink

u shouldnt have to comment out the line either, you are just using "bad" build practices. which basically means you arent cleaning your build before constructing a new one.

make clean
qmake
make

is the correct sequence of commands to compile any new build of any coin on linux, you need to clean the old bad files out before you make new object files. if you do this you will never get errors like that when i remove old junk files from the build path. doing a make clean before making will make sure that any changes in the .pro file are now reflected in your makefile and it wont try to compile something that isnt there (aka the irc.h irc.cpp and irc.o files)

i win Cheesy, but yeah mdt gave u the option that requires a lot more work.

Can someone correct the grammar in the header from " ECCoin (ECC) Community Has Takeover! [New Dev]" to " ECCoin (ECC) Community Has Taken Over! [New Dev]" or " ECCoin (ECC) Community Takeover! [New Dev]" Which ever you like, both are grammatically correct whereas the original is not. Thanks!

changes as requested with my own pizazz and dazzle added.

on another note: i plan to have the mutli pool up and running by friday. you will be able to mine ECC through the pool by mining XPM or any of the scrypt coins i will be adding. it is a new type of mutlipool with my own design. the multipool will not require an account sign up. i will provide more details on this later once it is closer to completion. (no accounts means more secure)

Sorry you aren't the winner at all Wink all of my Linux servers have no window environment so qmake really doesn't work for me, unless I want to install a load of dependencies I don't need.

I generally would cd into the src directory and run make against Makefile.unix to build as I only need cli tools.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
buy before multipool is up!!!!!
Activity: 145

on another note: i plan to have the mutli pool up and running by friday. you will be able to mine ECC through the pool by mining XPM or any of the scrypt coins i will be adding. it is a new type of mutlipool with my own design. the multipool will not require an account sign up. i will provide more details on this later once it is closer to completion. (no accounts means more secure)

it will be cool if you could add cryptonote coins like xmr....i may mine using on xmr if pool is simple and easy to use....waiting for friday....
legendary

make: *** No rule to make target `obj/irc.o', needed by `eccoind'.  Stop.

Thanks

Hey mdtspain Smiley

u shouldnt have to comment out the line either, you are just using "bad" build practices. which basically means you arent cleaning your build before constructing a new one.

make clean
qmake
make

is the correct sequence of commands to compile any new build of any coin on linux, you need to clean the old bad files out before you make new object files. if you do this you will never get errors like that when i remove old junk files from the build path. doing a make clean before making will make sure that any changes in the .pro file are now reflected in your makefile and it wont try to compile something that isnt there (aka the irc.h irc.cpp and irc.o files)

i win Cheesy, but yeah mdt gave u the option that requires a lot more work.

Can someone correct the grammar in the header from " ECCoin (ECC) Community Has Takeover! [New Dev]" to " ECCoin (ECC) Community Has Taken Over! [New Dev]" or " ECCoin (ECC) Community Takeover! [New Dev]" Which ever you like, both are grammatically correct whereas the original is not. Thanks!

changes as requested with my own pizazz and dazzle added.

make: *** No rule to make target `obj/irc.o', needed by `eccoind'.  Stop.

Thanks

Hey mdtspain Smiley

RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

Thanks
Activity: 154
meow
It's time to revive this coin

legendary
The runtime error is only on windows. i know it is there. i thought i fixed it in 1.9.0 but it turns out i only slowed it down because it has happened to me twice on windows as well just not as often. im guessing it is a memory leak. but it doesnt give me and error so i cant actually be sure. i have a few guesses at what it might be. im trying to work this out as soon as i can. but no actual error message other than that very non specific one, it might take me a few days

and yes, the wallet does actually run better without a conf file.

Update to 1.9.1.0 (over github) and report back.

there is no 19.91 just 1.9.0

1.9.1 was an update that wasnt pushed because it was bad changes that actually didnt work and i never released it. and 1.9.2 is in alpha so dont that that one either, the next update will be 2.0, everything else before that is just me tinkering to try and fix problems

i have possibly located the problem, i found a thread that was being created and instantiating variables but doing nothing with them. i will report back with more progress soon
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
HGPUPC addicted!
I have been running the Mac-Wallet myself for a week now. There are no problems on this moment. If you run the Mac-Wallet with a .conf file, then I advise you to rename the ECCoin.conf to ECCoin.conf.old . I noticed that the wallet connects beter without the .conf file.

Wink Michael

That's assuming you already connected before and you have a peers.dat file, with all peers. Therefore the wallet will not enforce the .conf peers first and it will use the "reputation" of each peer.

But thanks for the input =) always valuable.

No, The wallet runs beter, even a fresh instalation without the .conf file. Cheers

Sorry you are right. Griffith set some static IPs for the initial discovery. So you will not need .conf file =) Mac is Mac! =)
legendary
I have been running the Mac-Wallet myself for a week now. There are no problems on this moment. If you run the Mac-Wallet with a .conf file, then I advise you to rename the ECCoin.conf to ECCoin.conf.old . I noticed that the wallet connects beter without the .conf file.

Wink Michael

That's assuming you already connected before and you have a peers.dat file, with all peers. Therefore the wallet will not enforce the .conf peers first and it will use the "reputation" of each peer.

No, The wallet runs beter, even a fresh instalation without the .conf file. Cheers
HGPUPC addicted!

Wink Michael

legendary

Wink Michael
HGPUPC addicted!
Update to 1.9.1.0 (over github) and report back.
Activity: 257
[insert trending meme] 人
Hello DEV.

I got following error very often and I need to re-start the application/wallet.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

So, Please let me know, is there any solution?
also having this problem.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Hello DEV.

I got following error very often and I need to re-start the application/wallet.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

So, Please let me know, is there any solution?
Pages:
Jump to: