Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant) - page 2. (Read 110004 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Did you answer something to me Adussamad? I do not see it if you did so.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564
It's a 2 of 3 so where are the keys? One is the password from the wallet the second is the 2FA code. Is that checked by trustedcoins so they give the key then? Where is the third key? I remember having read that trustedcoins can help in these cases but I'm not sure anymore who holds keys where.

When you create a 2fa wallet you get two "keys" in the form of the seed mnemonic but only one of those two is saved in the wallet file. During normal day to day operation of the wallet you need trusted coin's cooperation to sign transactions. But if you wrote down the seed you can restore the wallet and then you won't need trusted coin's permission to spend your coins. At that point it ceases to be a 2FA wallet though.
legendary
----- NEED HELP PLEASE ------

my phone was stolen last week with the google authenticator on it, now when i try to send coins out of my electrum wallet it asks for the 2fa which i dont have, can someone help me on how i can take my coins out please ! is there a way or am i just shit out of luck, i dont have any of the pass phrases or whatever saved. all i have is my account and password =(

You won't be able to restore your wallet (and taking off the 2FA steps) unless you have the seed which you don't, I'm sorry but your funds are lost.

Since it is a 2 of 3 shouldn't it be possible through trustedcoins? They should hold the third key. So password of wallet and their key should help if I understand it correctly. Not sure how it works.

They won't reveal their key just because you ask them for it. It would defeat the purpose of authenticating via 2fa if they just give up their key to anyone who asks for it.

And tanlucle, no, 2FA is a nice thing. You only didn't take care when you were told to backup the creation code, seed code, backup code or whatever it was named in that case. Your could have easily restored your 2fa entry with it.

Yep he should have written down the seed.

It's a 2 of 3 so where are the keys? One is the password from the wallet the second is the 2FA code. Is that checked by trustedcoins so they give the key then? Where is the third key? I remember having read that trustedcoins can help in these cases but I'm not sure anymore who holds keys where.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

my phone was stolen last week with the google authenticator on it, now when i try to send coins out of my electrum wallet it asks for the 2fa which i dont have, can someone help me on how i can take my coins out please ! is there a way or am i just shit out of luck, i dont have any of the pass phrases or whatever saved. all i have is my account and password =(

You won't be able to restore your wallet (and taking off the 2FA steps) unless you have the seed which you don't, I'm sorry but your funds are lost.

Since it is a 2 of 3 shouldn't it be possible through trustedcoins? They should hold the third key. So password of wallet and their key should help if I understand it correctly. Not sure how it works.

They won't reveal their key just because you ask them for it. It would defeat the purpose of authenticating via 2fa if they just give up their key to anyone who asks for it.

And tanlucle, no, 2FA is a nice thing. You only didn't take care when you were told to backup the creation code, seed code, backup code or whatever it was named in that case. Your could have easily restored your 2fa entry with it.

Yep he should have written down the seed.
legendary

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

fuck my life !!!! thanks man, whoever made 2fa needs to die. right now, hope he dies
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129

Activity: 14

could someone email me the solution, i wont be on the forum often, thank you so much !!!
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
I don't understand how to send a payment from my electrum wallet, frankly i don't understand how to understand whats even in my wallet, i can see the balance, and i have sent a payment to a payment address, the payment sent has a green tick, but the payment sent is written in red, what dose this mean, the person i sent the payment to is saying he has not received the payment.

On top of this electrum dont have support which i find very unhelpful, the only help it offers is to send me here.

Can any one help me ? i would be very graetful you someone could best regards satori65
Are you using Electrum desktop version? The amount written in red means that its the amount that was deducted from your balance to create the transaction. If there is a tick, it should be confirmed.

Check the address on block explorers (blocktrail.com) and if the address sent to is correct. If there is the transaction when you search for it, its either your sent it to the wrong address or the receiver is having problem with their wallet/lying.

Create a separate topic for this.
Activity: 2
I don't understand how to send a payment from my electrum wallet, frankly i don't understand how to understand whats even in my wallet, i can see the balance, and i have sent a payment to a payment address, the payment sent has a green tick, but the payment sent is written in red, what dose this mean, the person i sent the payment to is saying he has not received the payment.

On top of this electrum dont have support which i find very unhelpful, the only help it offers is to send me here.

Can any one help me ? i would be very graetful you someone could best regards satori65
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
Fixed Images:

Desktop

Android

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

Is anyone here interested in an upgrade to the Electrum UI?
I will work on it (along with some others), and here's a bunch of early mockups.

Desktop

Android

Please keep in mind that this is the LTC version, but there are some changes made for the BTC mockups.
If there is any interest for this, I'll open up an issue on GitHub and eventually create a PR.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1033
How to install zbar on osx el capitan? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
I also see a new active contributor to the repo, called "kivy".

"kivy" is not a contributor, it is the new GUI for Android
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I noticed a lot of improvements and fixes are rolling in for some time now (2 months maybe?)

Across the board really, but most notably for me is substantially improved trezor support.

Just wanted to thank the developers for that!

I also see a new active contributor to the repo, called "kivy".

Maybe the 2 observations are related?
Activity: 6
i just want to make suggestion,puting wallet in systemtray instead of taskbar would be a good choice.
Agreed , It's already on the SystemTray but It would be better if It dissapears from the Taskbar once we minimize the window and It comeback when we double click on the icon on Tray system.

I've made my own minimize to tray option. If you build from source, you can pull my branch https://github.com/valesi/electrum/tree/minimize-to-tray (valesi/minimize-to-tray). It works perfectly on Win/Linux, but on OSX the window does the minimize then restore animations, then finally hides to the system tray. I'm not sure I want to pull request into main source yet due to that glitch, but it appears there's nothing I can do about it. OSX just wants to do the animations regardless.
legendary
The downloads can be found on electrum-desktop.com.

Not a big deal, but since the homepage is currently at https://electrum.org, maybe the OP should be edited to reflect that?

That _is_ a big deal. If electrum.org indeed is the official site then that should be linked in the OP here an nothing else.

You can't expect users to use electrum.org when OP links electrum-desktop or some other site.

OP also says latest release is 1.0.

OP needs to be updated. Maybe also with checksums of latest releases.

Who own this newbie "Electrum" account that owns the thread anyways?

You mean the 4 year old OP whose account holder hasn't logged in in over 3 years? lol. Domain got squatted, simple 'nuff.

Didn't think the old domain might be squatted. I hope we don't see fake electrum version on there at some point. It could destroy electrum completely in a short timeframe.
Activity: 49
The downloads can be found on electrum-desktop.com.

Not a big deal, but since the homepage is currently at https://electrum.org, maybe the OP should be edited to reflect that?

That _is_ a big deal. If electrum.org indeed is the official site then that should be linked in the OP here an nothing else.

You can't expect users to use electrum.org when OP links electrum-desktop or some other site.

OP also says latest release is 1.0.

OP needs to be updated. Maybe also with checksums of latest releases.

Who own this newbie "Electrum" account that owns the thread anyways?

You mean the 4 year old OP whose account holder hasn't logged in in over 3 years? lol. Domain got squatted, simple 'nuff.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
also,there can be notification when there is new transaction,this is too would be good.
Pages:
Jump to: