Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 18. (Read 360488 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
November 11, 2014, 04:55:51 PM

What's going on with RPC?  Why is the price sky rocketing, now at nearly 50,000 Satoshi? 

Wow!  I hope this isn't a fluke!

The price is sky rocketing because the dev of rand paul coin looks like he's going to give 50% of a DPOS hard cap to holders of Ron Paul Coin on the snapshot date.

Provided Crypsty withdrawals are working the price will probably increase a lot more.

Holders of Ron Paul Coin will then get 50% of the shares in a new coin with no inflation, (as well as keeping their Ron Paul Coins) It looks like the dev is calling it Rand Paul Coin atm but I hope he calls it something related to Ron Paul too.

My current thought on this is to continue with the name Rand Paul Coin Deflationary. There was a vote on facebook that has Rand preferred over Ron as the name. If Rand does not make it as President, then we can do an easy rebrand to Ron and continue on with RPCD and everything else! It really is more what the coin is about.

I have also been contacted from someone involved with Rand Paul's candidacy and it seems quite legitimate. That is somewhat exciting!  More than I expected, so I am taking this even more seriously.

So yes I have lowered RPC to 50% from 80%. My apologies to those who bought the coin with the assumption it would be 80%. I didn't quite expect this to be so popular, so I am trying my best to deliver a better value proposition to the holders. I will not lower RPC holders under 50%. The other 50% is still up in the air. The extra 30% given to people outside RPC should give more value to holders.

Please send in a trouble ticket asking Cryptsy why the RPC wallet is in maintenance. This helps no one at all, including Cryptsy. Even if they try to lock the coins up, I will spend the extra day(s) to write the logic to remove their balance from the genesis block. All they have done is made a closed market where people can no longer deposit and so the supply is artificially low.
legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001
November 11, 2014, 04:44:54 PM

What's going on with RPC?  Why is the price sky rocketing, now at nearly 50,000 Satoshi?  

Wow!  I hope this isn't a fluke!

The price is sky rocketing because the dev of rand paul coin looks like he's going to give 50% of a DPOS hard cap to holders of Ron Paul Coin on the snapshot date.

Provided Crypsty withdrawals are working the price will probably increase a lot more.

Holders of Ron Paul Coin will then get 50% of the shares in a new coin with no inflation, (as well as keeping their Ron Paul Coins) It looks like the dev is calling it Rand Paul Coin atm but I hope he calls it something related to Ron Paul too.

interesting

BitShares at no. 4 has a $38 Million CAP, but starting this week it will be inflationary so there is a market for a deflationary version.

I don't know if this dev is capable of doing it, but a deflationary version will probably be worth at least $1 million to start. I hope they call it Ron Paul too. If this Ron Paul coin gets 50% or more of the shares as stated, I could see your coin getting to a $250k+ CAP in the next few weeks before the snapshot. (The price will then fall after but you'll be able to use your private key to access shares in the Rand/Ron Paul coin he is creating - a deflationary basic version of BitShares.)
legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001
November 11, 2014, 04:30:14 PM

What's going on with RPC?  Why is the price sky rocketing, now at nearly 50,000 Satoshi? 

November 11, 2014, 03:03:39 PM

Does anyone know if there are actually problems with the RPC wallet?  Cryptsy has halted withdrawals/deposits which is going to hurt RPC holders and buyers and those wanting to be sharedropped onto by RPCD. I am trying to determine if this is a legitimate problem or if Cryptsy is playing some sort of game.

I will likely postpone the snapshot if this is ongoing on the 20th, but I'm at a bit of a loss what to do. I am doubtful I will get a meaningful answer from Cryptsy.

Just for those who don't realize, to claim your RPCD you will need your coins in your own wallet under your control on the 20th. This means if Cryptsy prevents people from withdrawing then they are hurting those people who bought the coin. I will likely postpone the snapshot until this is resolved.

If anyone wants to email Cryptsy for a statement on the matter it would be kind.
November 11, 2014, 02:33:53 PM

You guys might be interested at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9449003

I'm not trying to be a competitor. Just tired of POW. If you guys wish to hate on 20% being dropped to Bitshares people, then please do some back of the napkin calculations on just how much inflation is occurring with RPC coin.

The inflation is high on RPC, but like many top coins have done, a simple code update could easily kill or slow down the inflation.

No need to launch a whole different coin just for that reason.

You need to read the RPCD ANN. We will have far more features than your standard coin and have deflation of the money supply. "Simple code update" to change an existing POW coin over to POS then try to get the community to accept the fork?  I don't want to be rude, but you are very wrong in your estimation of what needs to be done.

This coin is revolutionary, just like Bitshares but with some tweaks.

The Gold and Silver assets will be quite interesting by themselves.

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
November 11, 2014, 01:11:01 PM

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
November 11, 2014, 01:10:11 PM

I'm not trying to be a competitor. Just tired of POW. If you guys wish to hate on 20% being dropped to Bitshares people, then please do some back of the napkin calculations on just how much inflation is occurring with RPC coin.

The inflation is high on RPC, but like many top coins have done, a simple code update could easily kill or slow down the inflation.

No need to launch a whole different coin just for that reason.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
November 05, 2014, 07:04:35 PM

While I'm definitely interested in a Rand coin, and will participate without a doubt, I am still in this coin. And will stay in.

Thanks for making an appearance here though. Competition is healthy.
November 05, 2014, 04:15:14 PM

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
October 30, 2014, 07:21:36 AM
I still on the sidelines for RPC. if ron joined then i would be in Smiley
October 28, 2014, 09:34:45 PM
When I found out there was a Ron Paul coin, I was like, "Oh my god... that makes so much sense!" (Big Ron Paul fan here - no surprise) I have been quite surprised though, given the inherent nature of cryptos and crypto enthusiasts, that this hasn't taken off. But I still hold hope that will be brighter days ahead, even though I have next to none right right now. lol!

I just started mining again, ~24 hrs in, and I have "earned" a bit more than 1 RPC. Need a few ASICS  Grin

So I've not a miner and never really tried it... is this coin pretty much very hard to mine? Mind I ask how many KH or MH you're pushing toward it to get 1 RPC/hour?

Thank You for showing your support!  Smiley

Yeah - it's kind of hard to mine. And that's 1RPC/day - not hour -  Wink I've got ~1Mh/s pointed at coinmine.pw - At this difficulty (9-ish), solo mining gets me less than a block a day (1/block). I only have a few (literally). I'm currently tapped out investment-wise, until I can sell some other coins, or I'd buy some. I will in the future, if this starts to look promising. Maybe even if it doesn't - better to buy "cheap".  Grin
Activity: 591
Why oh why Didnt i take the blue pill ?!?!
October 28, 2014, 08:32:01 PM
it IS alive?? WTF  Huh.. tried last week and didnt sync or nothing...  Huh Huh Huh Huh must have done sth wrong..

let's try that again!!!

Grin

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
October 28, 2014, 08:25:39 PM

Thank You for showing your support!  Smiley
October 28, 2014, 08:02:30 PM
When I found out there was a Ron Paul coin, I was like, "Oh my god... that makes so much sense!" (Big Ron Paul fan here - no surprise) I have been quite surprised though, given the inherent nature of cryptos and crypto enthusiasts, that this hasn't taken off. But I still hold hope that will be brighter days ahead, even though I have next to none right right now. lol!

I just started mining again, ~24 hrs in, and I have "earned" a bit more than 1 RPC. Need a few ASICS  Grin
Activity: 7
October 27, 2014, 04:31:45 PM
I'm one of the new admins at EMC2, I'm here to offer your coin and community some assistance.   

Join EMC2 as a strategic partner to combine resources in an organized fashion to get the most bang out of our limited time, money, and energy.   We simply help one another in ways that we can, one may have time but no money, or energy but no time, or money but no time or energy, the point is you figure out what you have to offer and what you need to have, then work together to improve all involved.   It's likely that your coin needs coding, management, marketing, security, and/or more CC community recognition, some of those things EMC2 could help with immediately, some others may need to come from another strategic partner.

Our resources are also limited, but right now we are ready, willing, and able to help you, let me know if you want to join us as a strategic partner.

Thank You, this coin can use all the help it can get. The great thing is the wallet still works and I even believe we may have found a price floor, around 7000-11000 satoshis.

Is anyone [at all] interested in taking over the lead developer position? I'd be willing to donate some RPC to help with bounties, but not too much because I very well believe this coin still has a LOT of potential  Grin knowing as there are only roughly 2,100,000 coins total.
Activity: 84
September 29, 2014, 02:11:20 PM
I thought it was that amount but was sort of shocked it was that high!
brand new
Activity: 0
August 26, 2014, 10:55:40 AM
Here is the short list of nodes:
91.121.143.174:9027
162.243.118.225:9027
54.201.183.106:9027
46.4.205.161:9027
67.210.249.29:9027
85.25.194.85:9027
148.100.32.54:9027
188.226.239.21:9027

You may download ronpaul.conf file within this nodes added here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Ys4Cyo-2kLdzVpSnFjNEw5WUE/edit?usp=sharing

Windows-User place it to ...\AppData\Roaming\RonPaulCoin
Activity: 875
Merit: 1003
August 23, 2014, 01:46:40 PM
I try to mine then and will give you some donation. Thanks once again.

Mining works, works fine on https://chunkypools.com/rpc/
You'll find me there.
Thank you very much Colin for your help (and all you have done before) and thanks to Chunky Pools too.

Thanks and you're welcome.

I want to pass the future development of RonPaulCoin over to a responsible and skilled developer. RPC can live on if managed correctly by someone.
brand new
Activity: 0
August 22, 2014, 05:23:50 PM
I try to mine then and will give you some donation. Thanks once again.

Mining works, works fine on https://chunkypools.com/rpc/
You'll find me there.
Thank you very much Colin for your help (and all you have done before) and thanks to Chunky Pools too.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 22, 2014, 04:30:03 PM

I'm curious how much RPC one can mine in 1 single day/month.  Say you have a $5,000 setup, now many coins can you mine in one month and how much of that goes to the mining bills.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: