Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 20. (Read 360488 times)

brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
July 03, 2014, 05:11:51 PM
could have made 400 dollars from mining this back in the day but didnt sell, oh well, another reason to kill my self

Warren Buffet the worlds best Investor quote.

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

Now it seems like the entire community of Ron Paul Coins are on fearful mode, whilst I am still being Greedy. I have amassed over 4500 Ron Paul Coins this year, that is nearly 5% of the current world supply. Now I have no plans of selling a single coin till they reach $100 a coin.

So since my coins are out of the market, and the same goes for some others who have been busy accumulating them, it will only be a matter of time before the coins explode. Remember that Bitcoin was only worth a few cents a few years ago, in early 2013 it started at $5 and went all the way upto $1000 later on in the year.

This market needs time, and it will take off in 2015 when the coin circulation gets to close to 1/2 a million and people start using it for trade.

coins have to be used and moved for a coin to succeed. if everyone takes 5% of the market and just sits on it, theres no coin movement, no uses for the coin, and therefore no reason for a new entity to invest in the coin. Also knowing that one party holds enough coin (5%) to take take this coin from the theoretical $100 all the way back down to $1 singlehandedly will just scare off future investors. This is the reason coins rarely succeed after having a such a big slump; people take advantage of the low prices and gain too much power over the coin.

What this coin needs is a dedicated developer, a shoutout from the Rand/Ron Paul community, and some actual useful services. I would fork the coin, change the name to RandPaulCoin (Keep RPC) to keep with the times since Ron Paul has retired, change it to POS for network security,
and then I would start donating coins to a Rand Paul Presidential compaign in the hopes of getting some publicity.  

This is a form of money, and money becomes valuable by its use as a form of trade in society, it also becomes valuable based on societies ability to hoard the money. When money velocity becomes too high the value of the money reduces and goods and services need more money to buy them. So effectively by me hoarding the coins for the future is making the remaining coins in circulation more valuable. The Ron Paul coin has far fewer coins than the Litecoin, there is no reason why the price of the RPC should be less than the Litecoin. It would be useful to have this coin tradable against Litecoin on the exchanges, that would further increase value, also if it was tradable direct with the USD on the exchanges that would also bring new money into the market.   By the end of the year I plan to get hold of 10% of all the RPCs, now its a free world, everyone has the same facilities to get them, just get bigger and fast pcs and start mining them, and get everyone around you to do the same.
brand new
July 03, 2014, 12:23:32 PM
could have made 400 dollars from mining this back in the day but didnt sell, oh well, another reason to kill my self

Now it seems like the entire community of Ron Paul Coins are on fearful mode, whilst I am still being Greedy. I have amassed over 4500 Ron Paul Coins this year, that is nearly 5% of the current world supply. Now I have no plans of selling a single coin till they reach $100 a coin.

So since my coins are out of the market, and the same goes for some others who have been busy accumulating them, it will only be a matter of time before the coins explode. Remember that Bitcoin was only worth a few cents a few years ago, in early 2013 it started at $5 and went all the way upto $1000 later on in the year.

This market needs time, and it will take off in 2015 when the coin circulation gets to close to 1/2 a million and people start using it for trade.

coins have to be used and moved for a coin to succeed. if everyone takes 5% of the market and just sits on it, theres no coin movement, no uses for the coin, and therefore no reason for a new entity to invest in the coin. Also knowing that one party holds enough coin (5%) to take take this coin from the theoretical $100 all the way back down to $1 singlehandedly will just scare off future investors. This is the reason coins rarely succeed after having a such a big slump; people take advantage of the low prices and gain too much power over the coin.

What this coin needs is a dedicated developer, a shoutout from the Rand/Ron Paul community, and some actual useful services. I would fork the coin, change the name to RandPaulCoin (Keep RPC) to keep with the times since Ron Paul has retired, change it to POS for network security,
and then I would start donating coins to a Rand Paul Presidential compaign in the hopes of getting some publicity.  

I agree with you on the point that coins need to move between society for a currency to thrive, all that's happening at the moment is that people are moving out of the coin and transferring them for overinflated Bitcoins on the exchange. Only 2 days ago the exchange has allowed people to purchase coins directly in USD, that will bring more money to the marketplace.

Eventually all the people who are panic sellers would have sold, that will leave the people who believe the coin is worth more, hence any new entrants to the market will have to pay a higher price for them.

I have everyone I know mining these coins, and we are collectively putting them in one account. We are over 5000 coins now, that's well exceeded my expectations when I started earlier on in the year.

All I can say to people with not enough coins, is to get more hashpower and run on full steam, maybe donate a few to people you know to get more people interested in collecting the coin.

When bitcoin first started it had a bigger rise and fall in percentage terms in the first year, the following year it made bigger highs and the year after even bigger highs.

There is no reason why this coin wont follow the boom bust cycle as any share price will do, but when there are say 1/2 million coins in circulation by around next year, automatically the coin will increase in circulation.

Afterall the name itself is self marketing, and the coin is nowhere near the lowest coin traded on the exchanges, it sits midway.

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
July 03, 2014, 10:12:34 AM

ctenc001 , you have a good idea about POS for network security.
Maybe let's try it? you just fork latest version of Core wallet (I added above) and make required changes.
Then we will have really new version based on Bitcoin Core and maybe people will invest more in that coin.

BTW - binaries I compiled with openssl-1.0.1h.

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
July 03, 2014, 07:37:50 AM

Activity: 76
July 03, 2014, 12:52:34 AM
Hi all!

I'm not a dev of this coin. (so awaiting for dev confirmation of new version)

I updated original code and compiled new RonPaulCoin Core 0.9.1 wallet based on Bitcoin Core v.0.9.1.
Working nice for me.

All RonPaulCoin features still there. (KGW diff retarget, etc.)

Please enjoy Wink

In RonPaulCoin Core 0.9.1 fixed several typos of RonPaulCoin version 0.8.6 (version 2):
- fixed issue with incorrect "(out of sync)" and "0 hour(s) behind" messages that appears sometime.
- port numbers in translation files are changed to correct RonPaulCoin ports.
- fixed incorrect checkpoint value in checkpoints.cpp (coin worked before because used checkpointsync from ppcoin)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RonPaulCoin Core 0.9.1 source code:

https://github.com/corefork/ronpaulcoincore

RonPaulCoin Core binary:

OSX-64: [RonPaulCoin-Qt-0.9.1.dmg 16.3 MB]
https://mega.co.nz/#!Zkp1UYYB!VZEdW0LLN5jRo0d63np9HDHJ5JFep_QwSVsisf35a_M

Win32: [RonPaulCoinCore-0.9.1-win32.zip 15.5 MB]
https://mega.co.nz/#!Z9hHWIJa!Hq24WwyDhrjZ1hq6uifG36eca9pvonW5ytbYeObxAj8

Win32 installer: [ronpaulcoin-0.9.1-win32-setup.exe 12.9 MB]
https://mega.co.nz/#!94w0hARB!zgw_eeaTijqgs2MXFKI5rQBPGLW-fPVakvgvn_W36jw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you love new RonPaulCoin Core wallet and wish to donate for RonPaulCoin Core wallet integration - kindly donate to me:

RonPaulCoin address: RSGH7MDNNvp5o4YEa6Y6fJGkiMhTh4Kspr

Bitcoin address: 1534GduPYsHsrvtLUp4cZs6i9iah5jup8G

Litecoin address: LcyjkbPY3Yst4sd1ph7v1jsi3dxjuqPsb3

brand new
July 01, 2014, 07:29:06 AM

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
June 30, 2014, 06:10:38 AM
brand new
June 23, 2014, 10:12:48 PM
I have tried to warn months ago. Coin creator ignored and deleted my posts. No info from dev. I still keep over 160 RPCs from the all time high of 0.01 BTC / RPC and not sell it at that time. And I won't sell it and want to keep it as a learning example for myself.

These coins will do well... Hold on to your RPC, hopefully it will start rising.

This entire thread should be sent to investors everywhere to remind them how not to think.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
June 23, 2014, 04:26:56 PM
I have tried to warn months ago. Coin creator ignored and deleted my posts. No info from dev. I still keep over 160 RPCs from the all time high of 0.01 BTC / RPC and not sell it at that time. And I won't sell it and want to keep it as a learning example for myself.

These coins will do well... Hold on to your RPC, hopefully it will start rising.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 14, 2014, 11:37:06 AM

brand new
June 13, 2014, 07:50:37 PM

I am relatively new to this coin, this coin has all the chances of being great.

1) The supply is limited to 1/10 of the bitcoin

2) The name is the same as a American Presidential candidate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

3) He basically has the most sound form of understanding of the money system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aVpaUMK2oA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SMXgonUUU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVpj0zduLJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf22o_zk-Y8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXcE2VP-tmg

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 13, 2014, 01:57:07 PM
The coin might be dead but ron paul is still live and well lol
Activity: 938
June 11, 2014, 03:08:38 PM
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live
June 10, 2014, 05:12:38 PM
Long Live RonPaul !
Activity: 150
June 04, 2014, 02:50:49 PM
I have been looking monitoring the ron paul coin for a couple of months, and i initially started mining sum but realised that my pc was so slow it would take me around 1 month to get one coin.

The name is great, especially following the principals of Ron Paul who believes in sound money.

What I think the coin has got right is that the supply has been limited, which is a great aspect to creating value, the supply being 10% of that of bitcoin.

The problem that arises with low supply is that there is less circulation of the coin around the world and hence there is less hype around the coin. I for one have been watching videos of Dr Ron Paul for the last few years since the financial crash. Being based in England i have herd of him. The problem is that outside of America not many people have. Say if I were to walk the streets of any European city or in asia and as if anyone knew who he was, not many would know.

I have also been looking over the course of the last month at the drastic price increase of Dark coin, and that seems to have something to do with the technology which makes the coin undetectable by the government by scrambling the blockchain. It would be useful to have such a facility like this with the ron paul coin to create sum more demand for the coin.

Also i noticed the recent spike in the ron paul coin early in may, that happened around the same time i started to make enquiries regarding the coin in the London bitcoin community.

I think for this coin to survive there needs to be more awareness of the coin and it needs to be implemented on currency exchanges such as OKpay and others.

Going dead, soon. No updates from Dev.

I have acting as a chairman of a few Investor groups, and know the difficulties in organising a group of remotely located people with different skill base, different motivations and different levels of exposure. I not sure who the team are for the Ron Paul coin. Has the group considered moving over to a secret facebook group, and allow everyone to know who the team are. Since then it would be clear what skills are needed to propel this coin the same way as Bitcoin exploded. For that to happen there needs to be a sound principal of Integrity at the top, good programmers, good marketing team, and exposure of the coin across the world. People need to know what financial liberty Ron Paul has been championing as a member of congress. Its only after the world gets a sound form of money that is not created by the FED cartel that money will be more evenly distributed across the world rather than being hogged by the richest 0.1% of the population. Is it worth making contact with the tea party movement to get sum exposure for the coin, since they are all supporters of Ron Paul.

Like to see updates. This is hard time for Scrypt coin. Hope RPC getting substantial updates. Promotions are important but RPC already had that as it advertised with its name.
brand new
June 04, 2014, 01:51:46 PM
I have been looking monitoring the ron paul coin for a couple of months, and i initially started mining sum but realised that my pc was so slow it would take me around 1 month to get one coin.

The name is great, especially following the principals of Ron Paul who believes in sound money.

What I think the coin has got right is that the supply has been limited, which is a great aspect to creating value, the supply being 10% of that of bitcoin.

The problem that arises with low supply is that there is less circulation of the coin around the world and hence there is less hype around the coin. I for one have been watching videos of Dr Ron Paul for the last few years since the financial crash. Being based in England i have herd of him. The problem is that outside of America not many people have. Say if I were to walk the streets of any European city or in asia and as if anyone knew who he was, not many would know.

I have also been looking over the course of the last month at the drastic price increase of Dark coin, and that seems to have something to do with the technology which makes the coin undetectable by the government by scrambling the blockchain. It would be useful to have such a facility like this with the ron paul coin to create sum more demand for the coin.

Also i noticed the recent spike in the ron paul coin early in may, that happened around the same time i started to make enquiries regarding the coin in the London bitcoin community.

I think for this coin to survive there needs to be more awareness of the coin and it needs to be implemented on currency exchanges such as OKpay and others.

I have acting as a chairman of a few Investor groups, and know the difficulties in organising a group of remotely located people with different skill base, different motivations and different levels of exposure. I not sure who the team are for the Ron Paul coin. Has the group considered moving over to a secret facebook group, and allow everyone to know who the team are. Since then it would be clear what skills are needed to propel this coin the same way as Bitcoin exploded. For that to happen there needs to be a sound principal of Integrity at the top, good programmers, good marketing team, and exposure of the coin across the world. People need to know what financial liberty Ron Paul has been championing as a member of congress. Its only after the world gets a sound form of money that is not created by the FED cartel that money will be more evenly distributed across the world rather than being hogged by the richest 0.1% of the population. Is it worth making contact with the tea party movement to get sum exposure for the coin, since they are all supporters of Ron Paul.

Activity: 150
June 04, 2014, 12:38:05 PM

brand new
June 02, 2014, 11:02:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 910
June 02, 2014, 04:27:26 AM
Hey everyone!  We have added a RonPaulCoin pool to our list of mining pools:

ronpaul.coinpoolpros.com

• Proportional pay out per block based on miner's share ratio to the pool's total shares.
  • 2% reward off the top of each block to the miner that solves the block.
  • Vardiff stratum server.

our other pools are listed in this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpools-proportional-payout-pools-with-5-finder-reward-232156
Activity: 98
May 25, 2014, 10:47:54 AM
I get an unusually high hit rate with Virus Total for the v2.0 client - 4 detects.

One or two is not unusual but four?

Read what they are detecting. It is a report based on the individual engine's "unwanted software" function. Miners are proliferating in malware in order to generate extra revenue for the attackers. The warning makes sense if you were not expecting a miner in that free game/password generator/cracker you just downloaded.
Pages:
Jump to: