Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 59. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
January 26, 2014, 08:07:50 PM
Colin, you should also add the other P2Pool nodes, I posted them a bit earlier.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
January 26, 2014, 08:03:38 PM
Great stuff Colin.  This is the sort of thing we need to introduce noobs gently.

I don't see p2pool on your pool list.  Please add it.  RonPaul is a decentralized power kind of guy, and we should be too!

Also, if you could write up a noob friendly p2pool howto, that would be amazing.

I wrote a quick howto a few pages back in this thread that you could use for starters.  I just haven't found time yet to spell out the pre-requisites, eg:  how to install python, download from github without git installed, etc.  Also, I'm not a windows guy, so would probaby miss some things.

If anyone needs help getting started with RPC, please visit my new website http://ronpaulcoinhelp.webs.com. It will teach you everything you need to know about mining RPC and soon will have a guide to the wallet interface. Smiley

The P2Pool is listed as Freily and contains specific P2Pool instructions.

Oh and an update: We have moved from ronpaulcoinhelp.webs.com to plain old ronpaulcoinhelp.com. We have also added the wallet guide AND a wallet security guide!
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
January 26, 2014, 07:59:26 PM
Woohoo!     I'll bring the beer. 

you bring the champagne.    :-)

Party! P2Pool just hit the first block Smiley
Activity: 84
January 26, 2014, 07:58:39 PM
I've got all my RPC payments as expected, on time from this pool.

I can't log in to rpc.n0nplusultra.com  have anybody the same problem? (solved) it was temporary. btw I have 5200Khs and it show only half... is something wrong with their server? cgminer wrote one time "can not connect to   rpc.n0nplusultra.com"

Anybody know what happened to ronpaulcoin.minercoop.org?  I was mining there all day yesterday and hadn't cashed out yet, now the domain is completely unresponsive.  Am I being scammed by startup pools that are just looking to grift early coins?

Now mining at rpc.cryptocoinpools.co.uk, and everything seems good so far (plus 0% transaction fees!).  Anybody know if this pool is reputable, or is this going to happen to me again tomorrow?

Thanks,

which pool?
January 26, 2014, 07:56:57 PM
So it looks like RPC has settled at difficulty of 43

it's still 47 and nothing has really settled as long as hashcows is taping in to the system the difficulty will always go up and down...all the stats are wrong nethash should lie by about 500gh/s an that woul be a difficulty of i would estimate much lower then 47 or even 43...more like 10-20...

Anyway you can ban these guys from mining the coins then ?

no i don't think so...it could be possible to implement some preventions other then difficulty change algos into the coin source but that is something you really would have to know what you are doing and i suppose a lot of work...(for example the coin network could reject shares that come from one source with a hashrate greater than a certain perecentage of the nethash)

like i posted above, what some folks clearly don't wanna hear (don't ask me why), the only possibility to stop this is either get multipools to stop mining coins who are smaller in nethash then their own pool or miners don't using multipools anymore... (btw: hashcows just stopped mining RPC after 2 hours and here we are at 53 it never came to drop down from 47 to 43...)

Well, after hashcows jumpped on it, the difficulty went from 38 to 53 when I checked :O

if that is so then i missed it falling to 38...sry my bad...but yeah shocking shit! at least somebody is seeing what i'm talking about!  Cry

How is this a problem? Hint: it's not. The problem with alts and multipools is just (and only) how they negatively impact poor difficulty adjustment methods, as described well in a previous post.

Taking the difficulty problem out (as that's really the fault of the coin developer; the multipool is only exposing it), I don't see what the problem is with them. They are the essence of the free market at work. Why WOULDN'T you do what is the most profitable at the time?

1. what is it with you guys in thinking the argument of free market is the top argument and you just have to say these words, even if you don't understand the matter and expect that to be an logical argument?

2. are you a coin dev? i sure don't hope so because you would be a lousy one...

3. it is not the most profitable thing to do! to jump on a coin that's about to fill up it's nethash...
if you wait and let the net fill up with normal miners the price will adjust to that and if you then jump on the train as a multipool you're not crapping into everybodys and your own dinner...there also are other methods available for multipool operators to minimize the effects of their pools but it's about greed that blinds...

While I do appreciate the personal attacks, they don't really help you make your point, and I'm not even sure what your point is.

Sorry, mods, I won't discuss multipools any furthur.

sorry if you feel that personally attacked but i thought you could take it after you talk about coin devs like that, without even being capable yourself to develop a coin...and if that's the reason you say you are not sure what my point is after i explained it very simple, then you really just could have said "herp derp derrr" and it would have come to the same outcome or if you are a clever fellow you just ask questions...and i answer what is unclear to you...
Activity: 130
January 26, 2014, 07:51:14 PM
Party! P2Pool just hit the first block Smiley
Activity: 296
January 26, 2014, 07:47:01 PM
I've got all my RPC payments as expected, on time from this pool rpc.cryptocoinpools.co.uk .

I can't log in to rpc.n0nplusultra.com  have anybody the same problem? (solved) it was temporary. btw I have 5200Khs and it show only half... is something wrong with their server? cgminer wrote one time "can not connect to   rpc.n0nplusultra.com"

Anybody know what happened to ronpaulcoin.minercoop.org?  I was mining there all day yesterday and hadn't cashed out yet, now the domain is completely unresponsive.  Am I being scammed by startup pools that are just looking to grift early coins?

Now mining at rpc.cryptocoinpools.co.uk, and everything seems good so far (plus 0% transaction fees!).  Anybody know if this pool is reputable, or is this going to happen to me again tomorrow?

Thanks,

EDIT: Clarified which pool
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
January 26, 2014, 07:40:34 PM

it's still 47 and nothing has really settled as long as hashcows is taping in to the system the difficulty will always go up and down...all the stats are wrong nethash should lie by about 500gh/s an that woul be a difficulty of i would estimate much lower then 47 or even 43...more like 10-20...

no i don't think so...it could be possible to implement some preventions other then difficulty change algos into the coin source but that is something you really would have to know what you are doing and i suppose a lot of work...(for example the coin network could reject shares that come from one source with a hashrate greater than a certain perecentage of the nethash)

like i posted above, what some folks clearly don't wanna hear (don't ask me why), the only possibility to stop this is either get multipools to stop mining coins who are smaller in nethash then their own pool or miners don't using multipools anymore... (btw: hashcows just stopped mining RPC after 2 hours and here we are at 53 it never came to drop down from 47 to 43...)

Well, after hashcows jumpped on it, the difficulty went from 38 to 53 when I checked :O

if that is so then i missed it falling to 38...sry my bad...but yeah shocking shit! at least somebody is seeing what i'm talking about!  Cry

How is this a problem? Hint: it's not. The problem with alts and multipools is just (and only) how they negatively impact poor difficulty adjustment methods, as described well in a previous post.

Taking the difficulty problem out (as that's really the fault of the coin developer; the multipool is only exposing it), I don't see what the problem is with them. They are the essence of the free market at work. Why WOULDN'T you do what is the most profitable at the time?

1. what is it with you guys in thinking the argument of free market is the top argument and you just have to say these words, even if you don't understand the matter and expect that to be an logical argument?

3. it is not the most profitable thing to do! to jump on a coin that's about to fill up it's nethash...
if you wait and let the net fill up with normal miners the price will adjust to that and if you then jump on the train as a multipool you're not crapping into everybodys and your own dinner...there also are other methods available for multipool operators to minimize the effects of their pools but it's about greed that blinds...

While I do appreciate the personal attacks, they don't really help you make your point, and I'm not even sure what your point is.

Sorry, mods, I won't discuss multipools any furthur.
January 26, 2014, 06:43:08 PM
onaboat, well said.  Everyone, please heed his warning and chill out. I personally am putting a certain newbie on ignore.

This just in: if I start seeing any more arguments for or against multipools I'm going to have colin make me moderator and start deleting them. This thread is for RPC discussion. Whatever your position is on multipools, this thread is not the place for evangelizing for or against them....at least not NEARLY in the quantity we've seen in the past 20 pages.

Let's make this thread more helpful for those who are new to the coin, as well as more productive for how we're going to keep moving forward. Multipools are a fact of the crypto-world so the round-and-round needs to stop ASAP in favor of discussing real progress.

Instead of arguing for or against multis, what about your thoughts on next step for the coin or a bounty you think we should post up? That sounds LIGHT YEARS better.

Let's do this.
-onaboat

i encourage you to ignore me if you are not willing to discuss important matters on this thread like a certain sr. member!!!

Alright there, you two. Get a room.

Please give the rest of us a bit of space and stay directly on topic - no one likes scrolling through bickering.

(you both have valid points - make a thread for it!)

it's not really of topic at least my intentional claim wasn't...i have to admit maybe i react to allergic on unconstructive discussion styles...

i thought about making a thread for the topic altcoins and multipools and i probably will but it also needs to get discussed on threads of coins that have this issue...it's very important for the community (especially the miners) to know their responsibilities and how the system they are using works, that's how everybody can benefit...

start a multipool thread discussion on the forum; this thread is used to draw in the public interest. Complaining about how multipools are ruining the pool is not making this an attractive investment in the public eye.
http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/RPCForum/index.php

and look at it this way: in a few hours this site will be just one of hundreds and all the "public eye" sees is a lot of discussion going on about rpc...so don't try to sell your pools with such cheap claims Wink (that's what struck my "public eye" ^^)
Activity: 910
January 26, 2014, 06:35:54 PM
onaboat, well said.  Everyone, please heed his warning and chill out. I personally am putting a certain newbie on ignore.

This just in: if I start seeing any more arguments for or against multipools I'm going to have colin make me moderator and start deleting them. This thread is for RPC discussion. Whatever your position is on multipools, this thread is not the place for evangelizing for or against them....at least not NEARLY in the quantity we've seen in the past 20 pages.

Let's make this thread more helpful for those who are new to the coin, as well as more productive for how we're going to keep moving forward. Multipools are a fact of the crypto-world so the round-and-round needs to stop ASAP in favor of discussing real progress.

Instead of arguing for or against multis, what about your thoughts on next step for the coin or a bounty you think we should post up? That sounds LIGHT YEARS better.

Let's do this.
-onaboat

i encourage you to ignore me if you are not willing to discuss important matters on this thread like a certain sr. member!!!

Please give the rest of us a bit of space and stay directly on topic - no one likes scrolling through bickering.

start a multipool thread discussion on the forum; this thread is used to draw in the public interest. Complaining about how multipools are ruining the pool is not making this an attractive investment in the public eye.
http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/RPCForum/index.php
Activity: 476
January 26, 2014, 06:31:57 PM

Let's do this.
-onaboat

January 26, 2014, 06:22:26 PM
TO THE DEVS/MODS
-
If you post some info on what Ron Paul Coin is on http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/, people will come. The subreddit's got 25 000 readers. I would upvote the hell out of it. Just sayin'.

Yeah way to go! Keep up the good work!
January 26, 2014, 06:20:08 PM

Let's do this.
-onaboat

January 26, 2014, 06:16:56 PM
TO THE DEVS/MODS
-
If you post some info on what Ron Paul Coin is on http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/, people will come. The subreddit's got 25 000 readers. I would upvote the hell out of it. Just sayin'.

+1776
January 26, 2014, 06:14:14 PM

Let's do this.
-onaboat
Activity: 910
January 26, 2014, 06:12:29 PM
I recently launched a store, and am selling 0% fees to all of my pools for $1!!! Some of you have paid this in fees time over time already =)

I'd also accept the equivalent in RPC =)
Check it out!!

store.cryptotycoons.com

Also feel free to post items for sale! Its a craigslist style store. Currently prices are listed in $$ due to how unstable the prices are.
In a future release there will be live conversions to various alt coins at the time of listing.
The site handles no coin/money; similar to craigslist, you send an email to the owner to begin negotiations.

_______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________

FIRST NORTH AMERICAN Pool
URL: rpc.cryptotycoons.com
Please sign up and give it a try!!
.5% fees!
withdrawal fees are 0.0001 RPC
DDOS protection
over 3.0 Ths bandwidth!
Enterprise Hardware!
I'm also the owner of the official forum at ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com and many other pools which you can see at cryptotycoons.com!

This is one of the oldest, most trusted pools for this coin =)
Come join it!!! =D

with all this hash increase this pool is needed a boost! Come join our pool! And while your at it check out the store =)
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 26, 2014, 06:10:35 PM
TO THE DEVS/MODS
-
January 26, 2014, 06:05:52 PM

legendary
Activity: 1105
January 26, 2014, 05:44:39 PM

if that is so then i missed it falling to 38...sry my bad...but yeah shocking shit! at least somebody is seeing what i'm talking about!  Cry

January 26, 2014, 04:40:31 PM

if that is so then i missed it falling to 38...sry my bad...but yeah shocking shit! at least somebody is seeing what i'm talking about!  Cry
Pages:
Jump to: