Pages:
Author

Topic: Esports Prediction & Discussion Thread - page 2. (Read 68249 times)

Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
This Elite league has eliminated a lot of teams already. Notable teams like Nigma Galaxy and 9pandas are already out. But they're not the only teams that are already out. Here's the list of the others that will come together with them.

- KEV
- nouns
- Rest farmers

And tomorrow there will be more teams that will be out, to be specific 3 more teams.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1186
We are just a couple of hours away from CS2 Final between Faze and Navi! This is a classic that shouldn't be missed by any chance because Navi seems to found a godlike mode in this major but on the other side Faze are playing with opponents minds during the game so that's why I do expect a very very tight CS2 game between them.  Cool
I honestly didn't expect Faze to make it this far after his performance in the group stage.They surprised me and I can say that karrigan showed again that he is really a different igl.He managed to bring his team to the finals again in a strange way.On the other side, AleksiB defeated his former team and made it to the finals.Now he will appear against Faze in an important final challenge.I think we will watch a match here that is all about how the 2 IGLs prepare their team.2 The 2 teams do not have much difference in terms of aimer, but I think there should be a difference as IGL. The in-game call will change the whole job.

Well , to be honest I didn't expect Faze to reach finals either but I think Frozen kinda made this possible by his own magic as other players from Faze didn't shine a lot during this major besides Kerrigan who've been a great IGL for all his career at this point.

I personally was sorrowed to see G2 having another fail on another major and it feels like this circle won't end anytime soon. There were also rumors that Niko almost had a contract signed with Cloud9 during the winter break but something made that decision to fall and he stayed with G2 but all this rumors around team with scams allegation , transfer rumors , pressure on M0nesy ( who is still 18 years old ) and many more that seems to shake this team from interior. Hopefully , the management will find a solution to make this team shine or at least sell M0nesy next year towards a better and more capable team.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1140
We are just a couple of hours away from CS2 Final between Faze and Navi! This is a classic that shouldn't be missed by any chance because Navi seems to found a godlike mode in this major but on the other side Faze are playing with opponents minds during the game so that's why I do expect a very very tight CS2 game between them.  Cool
I honestly didn't expect Faze to make it this far after his performance in the group stage.They surprised me and I can say that karrigan showed again that he is really a different igl.He managed to bring his team to the finals again in a strange way.On the other side, AleksiB defeated his former team and made it to the finals.Now he will appear against Faze in an important final challenge.I think we will watch a match here that is all about how the 2 IGLs prepare their team.2 The 2 teams do not have much difference in terms of aimer, but I think there should be a difference as IGL. The in-game call will change the whole job.
legendary
legendary
I can say that it was a really sad result.Losing the match like this when we were so close to finishing in a good tier in the major tournament obviously made me lose sleep.I can say that EF didn't do his best.When we look at the scores of the match, Maj3r was the top fragger while the bad performance of woxic and xantares played a big role in the loss of the match.2 I can say that the poor play of 2 experienced players in such matches makes it difficult for the team to win the match.Again, if NaVi, who was trying to retake on the Mirage map when it was 12-10, had shot AleksiB when majer caught him there alone, we could be talking about very different things now.

We shouldn't forget about Wicadia's performance on Inferno as well. He is a really good fragger normally and showed it to us on Mirage too. However his performance on Inferno wasn't good enough. He is still a rookie though he would get more consistent in time. The most disappointing performance was XANTARES' surely...  Cry

His extra work is really needed in this kind of situations. While the team were having a mental breakdown on Inferno XANTARES should have taken the helm. He wasn't on one of his best days I'm afraid.

Natus Vincere have reached the grand final after eliminating G2 as well. They are really doing a great work with their new roster.

Now we have a FaZe v Natus Vincere finale. I agree with @boltz that Natus Vincere can really make use of this positive form to beat FaZe despite being the underdog here.  Smiley
XANTARES' performance was actually the turning point of the tournament.We can say that it was thanks to XANTARES that we made it this far in the tournament.The fact that the team's top fragger had such a bad game made it difficult for us to eliminate NaVi.We can't blame XANTARES, who has had a good tournament so far, for playing poorly against NaVi. His other teammates should have stepped up to balance his performance, but unfortunately there wasn't a player who could do that.Woxic's poor performance was also a contributing factor.Luck was not on their side and NaVi now has a final match against Faze.If they beat Faze, we will say we are eliminated from the championship, but if Faze wins, we will be proud that we beat Faze 13-1 in the group stage.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 329
I can say that it was a really sad result.Losing the match like this when we were so close to finishing in a good tier in the major tournament obviously made me lose sleep.I can say that EF didn't do his best.When we look at the scores of the match, Maj3r was the top fragger while the bad performance of woxic and xantares played a big role in the loss of the match.2 I can say that the poor play of 2 experienced players in such matches makes it difficult for the team to win the match.Again, if NaVi, who was trying to retake on the Mirage map when it was 12-10, had shot AleksiB when majer caught him there alone, we could be talking about very different things now.

We shouldn't forget about Wicadia's performance on Inferno as well. He is a really good fragger normally and showed it to us on Mirage too. However his performance on Inferno wasn't good enough. He is still a rookie though he would get more consistent in time. The most disappointing performance was XANTARES' surely...  Cry

His extra work is really needed in this kind of situations. While the team were having a mental breakdown on Inferno XANTARES should have taken the helm. He wasn't on one of his best days I'm afraid.

Natus Vincere have reached the grand final after eliminating G2 as well. They are really doing a great work with their new roster.

Now we have a FaZe v Natus Vincere finale. I agree with @boltz that Natus Vincere can really make use of this positive form to beat FaZe despite being the underdog here.  Smiley
legendary
Sad day for G2 fans because at this point G2 hopefully finally realize they need to stop wasting m0nesy career and maybe a few changes might come within team but overall , I think G2 did more than people expected from them at this major but the fans won't be happy.

Meanwhile, NaVi played so amazingly again for 2 days in a row with JL finishing with over 130ADR 3rd map and I think tomorrow Faze won't be able to stop this current form of NaVi either but I can see the game going for 5 maps. Grin
legendary
It's a sad result for Eternal Fire. I expected a better performance from them but it didn't happen. Xantares didn't play very well in the match and it was a match with a complete awper difference. Woxic played very badly and couldn't hit. Wonderful was the one who made the difference for his team and won the match, and NaVi managed to win even though they were not superior to EF in terms of aim. Even maj3r's good performance here was not enough for the team to win.

On Mirage we started a really amazing comeback from a 9-2 disadvantage. Despite bringing it to our advantage by 12-10 we just couldn't do the finishing touch and it cost us too much.  Sad  Our performance during OT was just very bad and missed a huge opportunity.

However this dedication on Mirage made me hopeful about Inferno. We had really good statistics on this map before and NaVi were like the opposite of us. But this wasn't enough. Because we just handed over the win to them by ourselves here. I can't understand how we can still make unbelievable mistakes at this level.  Sad  For example wtf was that rotate call from banana to A site while there wasn't much time left??

We still can't leave some mistakes behind we are used to see and this is hindering us from being more successful. I hope one day we get over those problems too.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1610
Merit: 329
It's a sad result for Eternal Fire. I expected a better performance from them but it didn't happen. Xantares didn't play very well in the match and it was a match with a complete awper difference. Woxic played very badly and couldn't hit. Wonderful was the one who made the difference for his team and won the match, and NaVi managed to win even though they were not superior to EF in terms of aim. Even maj3r's good performance here was not enough for the team to win.

On Mirage we started a really amazing comeback from a 9-2 disadvantage. Despite bringing it to our advantage by 12-10 we just couldn't do the finishing touch and it cost us too much.  Sad  Our performance during OT was just very bad and missed a huge opportunity.

However this dedication on Mirage made me hopeful about Inferno. We had really good statistics on this map before and NaVi were like the opposite of us. But this wasn't enough. Because we just handed over the win to them by ourselves here. I can't understand how we can still make unbelievable mistakes at this level.  Sad  For example wtf was that rotate call from banana to A site while there wasn't much time left??

We still can't leave some mistakes behind we are used to see and this is hindering us from being more successful. I hope one day we get over those problems too.  Roll Eyes
legendary

Indeed. I had high hopes for them as well but I think the lan pressure was to big for them to pressure as they chocked in 2nd map pretty big but also they were so close to make a comeback in 1st map. However , navi really had a great day in CS2 today and it would have been hard for any team to beat them.

Now , G2 vs Mouz is so far an amazing game with G2 showing glimpse of what they can do this major so don't be surprised to see them in the finals because no matter how good Mouz is right now , I doubt they can even push the series to a 3rd map but we will see because Vertigo has been a very strong map for Mouz but also for G2. Grin
On the first map, Maj3r playing so well and not being able to hit aleksiB in mid when it was 12-10 was the event that lost the match.This managed to be one of the mystical rounds of eternal Fire.Unfortunately, if Maj3r had been able to hit AleksiB there, they would have had no chance to take it because they would have had a 4v2 retake and since there was an EF player in mid, it would have been a risk for NaVi. Rather than NaVi, we saw the new s1mple project Wonderful having a good game and backing up his team.He's a really good awper and the awper difference was obvious in the match.Woxic is more experienced and ranked on hltv, but he had a really awful game yesterday.I would say it was too bad to be expected from him.
legendary

Indeed. I had high hopes for them as well but I think the lan pressure was to big for them to pressure as they chocked in 2nd map pretty big but also they were so close to make a comeback in 1st map. However , navi really had a great day in CS2 today and it would have been hard for any team to beat them.

Now , G2 vs Mouz is so far an amazing game with G2 showing glimpse of what they can do this major so don't be surprised to see them in the finals because no matter how good Mouz is right now , I doubt they can even push the series to a 3rd map but we will see because Vertigo has been a very strong map for Mouz but also for G2. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 396
I haven't been following CS tournaments for a while until the Major. I must admit the competition has been going on really lovely until now.  Smiley

I'm thinking of placing some bets for the remaining quarter final series. The current odds on TrustDice are like below:

While Natus Vincere doesn't have s1mple in the roster and Eternal Fire are shining like a star I'm trying my luck with Eternal Fire @1.90.

For the other series I think it is worth adding MOUZ to win to the parlay. They are really close teams these days but MOUZ's increasing graph really impresses me. I'm going with their win @1.65.

Let's see how things go down.  Wink
legendary
I wasn't expecting Faze to defeat Spirit after the quarterfinal matches in the first major tournament of CS2 played yesterday. Faze managed to defeat his opponent with a good game and managed to secure a semi-final place in the tournament. Karrigan showed once again that he is a really weird igl. Most people probably thought that Faze wouldn't last much longer and would be eliminated against Spirit, but they managed to surprise everyone. Vitality's defeat against C9 is very normal, C9 has problems in awper and their main awper player could help them to build a better roster.
What are you talking about? That's not the consensus I've heard with the current line up of Faze, they've got a really good players right now so I don't think that it's a bad team. karrigan's move is a good thing I think, lots of teams are playing in a conventional way so doing those weird shotcalls is the best approach and it did work, Spirit didn't expect that and they lost. When it comes to eSports, it's going to be a big mistake to belittle weird strategies and make fun because once it works, it's over for you and your team.
Faze had a terrible group stage. Everyone expected them to exit the group 3-0 and they barely made it 3-2. That's why I didn't expect them to perform well in the quarterfinals. They had a terrible game against Eternal Fire, which was also due to the fact that EF did their homework.
I know that Faze has a good roster, but they surprised me with their performance in the group matches because I had them at 3-0. Especially after their 13-1 loss to EF, I even thought they would be eliminated from the tournament, but they managed to hold on.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 325
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I wasn't expecting Faze to defeat Spirit after the quarterfinal matches in the first major tournament of CS2 played yesterday. Faze managed to defeat his opponent with a good game and managed to secure a semi-final place in the tournament. Karrigan showed once again that he is a really weird igl. Most people probably thought that Faze wouldn't last much longer and would be eliminated against Spirit, but they managed to surprise everyone. Vitality's defeat against C9 is very normal, C9 has problems in awper and their main awper player could help them to build a better roster.
What are you talking about? That's not the consensus I've heard with the current line up of Faze, they've got a really good players right now so I don't think that it's a bad team. karrigan's move is a good thing I think, lots of teams are playing in a conventional way so doing those weird shotcalls is the best approach and it did work, Spirit didn't expect that and they lost. When it comes to eSports, it's going to be a big mistake to belittle weird strategies and make fun because once it works, it's over for you and your team.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1400
-snip

Yep , every year we have huge esports events here and the biggest one so far was the Covid TI Dota 2 but unfortunately the arena of 60k places was empty because of Covid.

That one was too bad and it was TI with the biggest prizepool ever. Too bad that it ended up with no supporters at all. I guess we wont be getting anywhere close to this prizepool ever again because currently Riyadh Master will always surpass their limit every year by introducing even bigger prizepool. I kinda wonder how high will we get this year in Riyadh Master

Anyway, I bet on few opening games for The Elite League tournament. As much as I love Nigma, I dont think they will win this one

legendary
I must say PGL wallachia looks promising and I'm curious if my city Bucharest will host the show here because we have tons of location we can do it + PGL is from Romania. I also love the fact that all the top tiers teams from the world are in the qualification process + the ones who were invited and that means this tournament will be important in prize but also in points.

If I recall, there has been several tournaments on Bucharest and yeah this is going to be another one. As for now this is listed as an offline tournament in Bucharest so you will be able to watch it in your city. I dont know what PGL actually means but they were the organizers for The International 2023 as well so this is going to be huge.

Atleast on this tournament, we wont be watching double group stage which is kinda boring. A single group stage then priceed to playoff is the best format on dota2 !

Yep , every year we have huge esports events here and the biggest one so far was the Covid TI Dota 2 but unfortunately the arena of 60k places was empty because of Covid. However , I personally won DreamHack at Mortal Kombat in 2016 and that should be my biggest esports achievement besides being top 3 at Apex Legends in Romania for 2 consecutive seasons.

Sometimes , I still feel bad for not starting an esports career when I was younger but when you hit 30+ , the reflexes are gone man...kids are breaking my ankles in games right now but I still play games no matter what.
legendary
Eternal Fire will face Natus Vincere on Friday.For Eternal Fire to reach the quarterfinals of a major tournament for the first time is a great achievement for a Turkish team, and I have a lot of confidence in the team for some reason, as there is the potential for more of this to come.All of the players in EF are now looking for a huge success.To reach the quarterfinals of CS2's first major tournament is also a great achievement for them.Xantares and his team may be closer to a major championship this time than ever before.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
For those tournaments that they are part of and they've got EPT points, they have to collect and win as much as they can for them to get qualified.

Although there are regionals aside from qualification from the points and the actual qualifiers that they have. This is interesting, the prize pool is yet to announce but I am sure it's going to be high.

Well this is going to be interesting because there will be regional qualifiers for MENA region as well. Team Falcons is probably going to be getting into this tournament via the EPT Leaderboard so that leave an extra spot for MENA. Nigma really needs to qualify through this tournamentl, they were basically the first top team in MENA region before all those other teams followed their steps into MENA. Nigma was even part of the invited teams from Riyadh Master 2022 so yeah its going to be another complete embarassment for them

Anyway, Riyadh Master is part of the Esport World Cup though
Yeah, all regions are there so basically there are a lot of slots and that's good that the strongest teams will get qualified through their EPT leader boards while the others will go through the first qualifiers  and next will be through the regionals.

I hope that Nigma will get qualified on this qualifier as they dont have enough points to get through the invites.

But this isn't just all about them as there are a lot of interesting teams out there that we have to watch for.
Pages:
Jump to: