Pages:
Author

Topic: Esports Prediction & Discussion Thread - page 5. (Read 68487 times)

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Congratulations to fellow bettors who YOLO to Aurora team since they are bring down to Lower bracket earlier by Geek Fam on Dreamleague S23 SEA Closed Qualifier. I still believe that they are still the Strongest team on SEA as they are the previous Talon. Despite many top player on PH that already play on PH like Abed they still can’t beat the Talon Line-up.

They manage to complete a lower bracket impossible run after sweeping all the team that they faced including the grand finals and a rematch against GeekFam.  What a solid profit!
Individual skills are still different from being in a good team that's full of chemistry and synchronized with consistent communication.

Aurora is just too strong and good thing that they didn't choked on the finals because that's one of their syndromes in the big tournaments. Well, just good luck on them in the main event of this DreamLeague Season 23.

The next regions will also have their representative.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Excel is fun
Team Spirit can't win a game in Dota 2 anymore! This patch really ruined their entire hero pool and I feel that some players might leave this team until summer or even earlier. Miposhka already said that if his team won't perform well in Q1 he will personally take a break from Dota2 pro scene. Today they lost again against Navi with a quick 2-0 and their dream to catch DreamLeague S23 is on the edge.

Just watched the replays and it's very awful on the side of Team Spirit. They were so good in the first few minutes of game 1 but eventually fell off when Malady and Yuragi started making moves. Larl obviously cannot carry the whole team, and Yatoro is mostly caught at the wrong place and at the wrong time. I wouldn't really feel motivated to play if this happens continuously. Just imagine being decimated by a new roster against your team that's been playing for months.

Hopefully they bounce back, but I'm pretty sure they're demoralized and demotivated at best.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1186
Congratulations to fellow bettors who YOLO to Aurora team since they are bring down to Lower bracket earlier by Geek Fam on Dreamleague S23 SEA Closed Qualifier. I still believe that they are still the Strongest team on SEA as they are the previous Talon. Despite many top player on PH that already play on PH like Abed they still can’t beat the Talon Line-up.

They manage to complete a lower bracket impossible run after sweeping all the team that they faced including the grand finals and a rematch against GeekFam.  What a solid profit!

Hopefully 23Savage will find a team from Europe to carry because at this point Liquid should think carefully if they want to keep Mickey as their carry or simply try to get 23savage in the summer because so far Aurora made it clear they want to win a trophy with this current line-up.

Meanwhile , Tundra managed to defeat Entity in a Bo3 and I'm not sure if Wattson really believed when he said he is in his best form or if his teammates are really 2-3 levels below his style because DM, NoOne are bringing nothing new in this squad besides big ego's. If Entity won't figure a way out to actually put Wattson in a position where he can carry , I think he might leave in summer as well.
Activity: 966
Merit: 511
🇵🇭

Activity: 1610
Merit: 329
PGL Major 2024 is already underway! I haven't been able to catch up with the tournament process. I followed the Opening Stage for some time and it looks like Eternal Fire have made it to the main tournament.

This has really made me happy about them.  Smiley  Because the biggest achievement they had before was to reach the Challengers Stage (which was the old name of the Opening Stage).

They already played their first 2 matches in the main tournament against Vitality and MOUZ. Beating Vitality was really nice work and the MOUZ one was also pretty close. In only 10 minutes they have a BO1 against FaZe. It is one of the toughest matchups but I hope that we can manage to be victorious.  Roll Eyes

The current look of group stage is:

Team Spirit can't win a game in Dota 2 anymore! This patch really ruined their entire hero pool and I feel that some players might leave this team until summer or even earlier. Miposhka already said that if his team won't perform well in Q1 he will personally take a break from Dota2 pro scene. Today they lost again against Navi with a quick 2-0 and their dream to catch DreamLeague S23 is on the edge.
I think that they're not yet on their whole form. They're always like this when it's about to tournaments like this but for the other teams, they need to do their things doubly.

They're now against 1win in the lower bracket. I think that they'll be moving to the next bracket and they can win on this one.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

The current team Navi is pretty good actually and yeah this is actually pretty good from viewers POV. I believe everyone are sick with only GG, Team Liquid and Team Spirit dominating the pro tournament scene for the past 2 years so yeah this is a good turn of event for us.

Aside from that, its still pretty early to conclude that they are out of DreamLeague already, they could still get through the grand final from the lower bracket and I believe even if they actually play against Navi again then this time it wont be an easy 2-0 for Navi
Activity: 966
Merit: 511
🇵🇭

I believe team just catch up with them on this current patch. Typically TS dominance usually felt on the mid year tournament when TI is near. It’s really bad if their support team will be disbanded since they have the best support. I think the most disposable position for them is just the pos 2 but the rest is very solid on their own.

Probably the effect of total shuffle on roster to all region makes them so sensitive to follow the same changes when they are not performing well. NaVi is now very strong with the current line-up, it’s understandable that they are sweep by this team.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
CS2: Copenhagen Major Opening stage finished a few hours ago and here are the final results and the teams going on to the Elimination Stage

Copenhagen Major's Elimination Stage teams and schedule.

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
CS2: The Danish minister of culture wants Russians participating in the PGL major to be evicted from the tournament. The minister said in Danish "As long as Russia continues its illegal attack-war in Ukraine, Russian athletes should not participate in international sports. This obviously includes e-sport. Even though the tournament organizer is Romanian, I strongly encourage barring Russians from competing. Furthermore, I strongly encourage Royal Arena [the venue for the major] to be more critical about what to host."
The tournament is happening in Copenhagen. What are your views on it? should Russian eSports players be allowed to participate internationally, while Russian govt. engage in a conflict in Ukraine?
I feel bad for kuku. I think this is the 2nd time that his stack didn't qualify. Despite their good efforts on the playoffs and their journey at the upper bracket, they still fallen shortly when they've been beaten yesterday and this few moments ago.
That's how the cookie crumbles for certain teams, they'd put up one of the best performances at the start and regress halfway through. I almost thought they'd be the second team to qualify because they were so clean against Talon and got a map win against Blacklist Rivalry.
Too bad that they weren't on it but some good news as a while ago with the open qualifiers against Team Bocil for DL23, they've won.

Now the tougher competition is going to happen for their team and he's not playing here. There are changes and he's now a coach for the team that he's built.

I think this is an open progress and a good change for him because he might be a better guy for this role.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
Do you guys see this 1win series dota 2 spring? It's a quick tournament with a $100k prize pool and I haven't watched a lot of games from this tournament as it's just like a passerby tournament.

Four teams were already eliminated and funny to see that the team of the actual sponsor has been eliminated early finishing with an 8th place. I am not surprised to see who are the four teams left.
Yeah, i've been following it a bit because they have some notable teams participating, but the weaker teams are taking it more seriously. At the same time, the better teams (Spirit and Liquid) are relaxed about losing, as they still have the bigger tournaments coming up in the next few weeks (Elite League and ESL Birmingham).
There's a bigger tournament that they need to be focused of so this invites are like a practice game to them with some stake on the side.

I already have my ticket ready for the finals later on VP, and even posted it on the other thread.
Good luck on that bet. Whoever wins are worth it and deserving but of course we want to see your bet win as well. Smiley

I almost thought they'd be the second team to qualify because they were so clean against Talon and got a map win against Blacklist Rivalry.
This time they're qualified now for Dream League Season 23 and it will start tomorrow and they'll be against Aurora.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
Do you guys see this 1win series dota 2 spring? It's a quick tournament with a $100k prize pool and I haven't watched a lot of games from this tournament as it's just like a passerby tournament.

Four teams were already eliminated and funny to see that the team of the actual sponsor has been eliminated early finishing with an 8th place. I am not surprised to see who are the four teams left.
Yeah, i've been following it a bit because they have some notable teams participating, but the weaker teams are taking it more seriously. At the same time, the better teams (Spirit and Liquid) are relaxed about losing, as they still have the bigger tournaments coming up in the next few weeks (Elite League and ESL Birmingham).

I already have my ticket ready for the finals later on VP, and even posted it on the other thread.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620

• Grand finals/second place ending - Virtus.Pro vs. Entity
  • Third/fourth place ending - Team Spirit vs Team Liquid
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
I feel bad for kuku. I think this is the 2nd time that his stack didn't qualify. Despite their good efforts on the playoffs and their journey at the upper bracket, they still fallen shortly when they've been beaten yesterday and this few moments ago.
That's how the cookie crumbles for certain teams, they'd put up one of the best performances at the start and regress halfway through. I almost thought they'd be the second team to qualify because they were so clean against Talon and got a map win against Blacklist Rivalry.

I'm testing this counter bet against FURIA, and see if I can capitalize on their struggles since they suddenly got crushed against one of the weakest teams and KOI isn't that bad after forcing an OT against ENCE.

There's a problem with his picking and he should have picked much better easy heroes and comfort heroes of his teammates. The last game that they have against Talon, it's a complete disaster and totally outplayed. How they can face these strength and tough heroes when their heroes were squishy and can't even deal damage against them.  Undecided
legendary
DreamLeague S22 final is currently going on between BetBoom vs Falcons and 1st map went in favor of Falcons. Hopefully , BetBoom will find the necessary strength and inspiration to draft way better than 1st map and take 2nd map because if they don't this will be a quick 3-0 from Falcons and personally I do want to see 5 maps and BetBoom as winner.  Grin
Activity: 1610
Merit: 329
Is there anyone who has been following BLAST Premier Spring Showdown?

The current look of the bracket is as below:

We have witnessed really decent teams being eliminated on the way to the semi finals stage.  Sad

Teams like HEROIC, Liquid and Cloud9 are already out. Teams such as Monte and GamerLegion also said goodbye early. This semi finals matchups must be really unexpected for most people.

My favourites in this stage are SAW and Spirit (The winners are joining the Spring Final). SAW eliminated really tough opponents before reaching here. I respect Metizport's work so far. But I don't feel like they can eliminate an in form Spirit.  Smiley
Activity: 1694
Merit: 592
The Martian Child
Team Falcons just got better this year so far. An impressive win at Dacha Dubai and now is becoming flawless since the group 2 stage. I cannot see an outright but I guess Falcons are now the heavy favorites to win this 22nd season of DreamLeague.

I am still rooting for BetBoom and is betting on their series against Xtreme Gaming later. Xtreme Gaming is another team that is playing good this year and won Games of the Future. I thought they'll not be able to perform well in this tournament after only having a one day rest yet here they are still alive in the top 3.
Pages:
Jump to: