Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH is the next generation of BTC? - page 19. (Read 76440 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20
July 11, 2018, 03:26:34 AM
If you talk about "generation" in a technical meaning (it's used to reffer to generations of blockchain), then yes, it goes like this:
1st gen - BTC;
2nd gen - ETH;
3rd gen - EOS;
4th gen - a lot of projects aiming to improve the way we use crypto.

You can check this article to learn more: https://medium.com/@habs/what-are-the-different-generations-of-blockchains-bebf3c3ad57f
Activity: 450
Merit: 100
July 11, 2018, 03:21:21 AM
Right now, price of ETH is low, is there again rise in the ETH ?  I can see eth going above bitcoin because of combination between drop in the price of bitcoin and increase in the price of eth.
ETH price down due to bancor exchange lost more than $13 million hacked. There hackers are more active on steal crypto. Market cap not good at this time. So wait until go to good position.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
July 11, 2018, 03:16:19 AM
Right now, price of ETH is low, is there again rise in the ETH ?  I can see eth going above bitcoin because of combination between drop in the price of bitcoin and increase in the price of eth.

You can see that Bitcoin reacts better to the crisis and the fall of the market, Ethereum does have good growth, but I think I ETH still have to prove itself better than BTC in all aspects, can do more and cope with the situation when the market falls. In the next few years, the competition of ETH and BTC will bleed.
Activity: 173
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
July 10, 2018, 01:18:47 PM
Yes, I think. BTC is becoming slower when ETH is getting strength day by day. So ETH has all chances to be the next generation after BTC in the future.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
July 10, 2018, 06:50:35 AM
People are just speculating and hoping that ethereum will eventually eclipse Bitcoin eventually, but this scenario and speculation, has been going on for a long time, I don't know when this will end maybe in the next two years if Ethereum cannot overcome bitcoin then Bitcoin will still continue for the next ten years.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
July 10, 2018, 06:35:35 AM
That could be happen because ethereum has strong fundamentals, many ICO and tokens are using ethereum to support their token creation and distribution. We will see ethereum will grow in the future.
Activity: 168
July 10, 2018, 04:12:01 AM
I think ETH deserves to be the next bitcoin generation. Although the price cannot be the same. and its position will remain below the bitcoin. However, it is the parent of altcoin Ethereum, which has survived. All ICO projects always use the ETH platform. With that, of course, those who save much more profitable in ETH coins will be in the future.

Activity: 247
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
July 10, 2018, 04:07:58 AM

The prices of ETH and other alts as well as btc have been erratic during the past few months. It is hard to predict how the trend will go for the next days and months but one thing is consistent here and that is the rise after the fall, vice versa. So of course ETH will rise again but for now I can't say the same as it is going down as of the moment. Let's wait and see when it will bounce back again.
Activity: 224
July 10, 2018, 04:05:32 AM
In this world nothing is impossible, especially in the world of crypto that is full of surprises, for now ethereum can not surpass bitcoint but we do not know what will happen next few years whether this ethereum can replace bitcoint position or not
Activity: 154
July 10, 2018, 03:44:01 AM

Probably, ETH will be a substitute for bitcoin in the future. Today we can see how powerful and abundant public support for ethereum is.
Even today the bitcoin coin market is starting to erode by the presence of ETH. So, I have a strong belief that ETH will melibas BTC in the future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
July 10, 2018, 03:32:23 AM
I don't think that Ethereum is the next Bitcoin simply because they are two very different coins. Ethereum is the next best coin after bitcoin. It has a large market capitalization and a great demand. I think it will  be the most popular coin in the nearest future.
Activity: 224
July 10, 2018, 03:23:36 AM

I think Ethereum is different from bitcoin. Ethereum appears and brings some future technology, while bitcoin is still trapped in euphoria. Currently, bitcoin is developed into a global digital payment system that has been used by some countries. ETH has a chance to be the king of crypto in the future, but I do not know if bitcoin will stay silent to see the two are very competitive.
Activity: 98
July 10, 2018, 12:10:55 AM
Ethereum can really be a next generation BTC since the price is low for its potential Ethereum can increase more up to 10x or more so lets hold and invest more to ethereum because it will bring fortune to us. Trust ethereum because it will lead to bright future.
Activity: 88
July 06, 2018, 11:29:53 PM
I only use the official myetherwallet.com. And I recommend it to you too . Problems never arose.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
July 06, 2018, 04:33:40 PM
I think that it is unlikely that the etherium will ever catch up or overtake bitcoin in terms of capitalization, yet bitcoin is an indicator of the whole market and they are associated with it by the majority.
Activity: 266
July 06, 2018, 04:30:26 PM
I think etherum will remain the biggest cryptocurrency after bitcoin but it can never attain the level of bitcoin.  It has already assume the position of the leader among altcoin. I think I will lead the next generation of altcoin not bitcoin.
Activity: 81
July 04, 2018, 12:12:29 PM
Bitcoin holds 50% of the market cap and ethereum did not though it was the second largest cryptocurrency. Ethereum will indeed grow in price that may surpass that of bitcoin and will definitely be more valuable coin in2018
Activity: 58
July 04, 2018, 06:57:53 AM
This is a great question as Bitcoin price is going down

I would rather focus on understanding to core differentiation between the two

1) Technology Factor
Bitcoin is for p2p transactions while Ethereum invented the Smart contracts and decentralized applications (dApps)

2) Transaction Capacity
Bitcoin is limited with the number of transactions (we do see solutions like lightning network) while ethereum has some better scalability solutions.

3)  Number of Coins
 Bitcoin will always have 21 million coins while Ethereum, on the other hand, has over 92 million coins in circulation with more being mined every day.

You can read more about it in my comparison Bitcoin Vs Ethereum

I would rather ask the following question: How Ripple is better than Bitcoin?
Activity: 85
July 04, 2018, 06:56:53 AM
The first coin is always bitcoin, Ethereum is in second place, Ethereum has many opportunities for growth,the demand for Ethereum is growing,perhaps Ethereum will become the next generation of Btc.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
July 04, 2018, 06:54:11 AM
indeed the current eth is decreasing and I am sure ethereum will return to its original price,
I think it is still very far for ethereum to beat bitcoin because of the limited amount of bitcoin while the amount of ethereum is infinite, bitcoin remains bitcoin and bitcoin is still the king of cryptocurrency
For me bitcoin is still best to all, Ethereum can only be a next to Bitcoin. Even Ethereum have bright potential and one of the best altcoin but when it compare to Bitcoin many people are still believe to BTC. They both different, both have own way to be a good crypto, so i think even Ethereum is far from Bitcoin still it has own move to become known of many people and have own way to not be a worthless crypto, that's why it is now second best to all crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: